Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By rukin5197
  • 1 Post By rukin5197
  • 1 Post By TheBritton
  • 1 Post By MikeRL
  • 1 Post By bob-st

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rukin5197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 623
 
Device(s): OV- MIUIgb with Suave HD theme, MT- AOKP with my own theme
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 102
Thanked 508 Times in 186 Posts
gannon050197@gmail.com
Default [DEV] Development of CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2.1) Progress

So, this will be much the same of my last CM10 thread. First post will have screenshots/statuses, and second post will have working/non-working with a logcat/build error. All help is always appreciated.

Currently, we don't have a boot. I've gotten it to boot but with a black screen, and without a genlock and hwcomposer.

This post will get better the further we get.

Also, this doesn't mean I will stop all work on CM10. I am currently tossing between them, and as you've seen in Paranoid Android, me and BSydz are doing very well when it comes to the progress with it.

I will post zips as soon as I get a booting build for you guys to play around with.
xploPR likes this.

Advertisements
rukin5197 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rukin5197 For This Useful Post:
activeservo (January 17th, 2013), AnakiMana (January 14th, 2013), Izzard (January 14th, 2013), Mancow60 (January 14th, 2013), SemeteryRocker (January 14th, 2013), xploPR (January 15th, 2013), ZipLipZ (January 14th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rukin5197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 623
 
Device(s): OV- MIUIgb with Suave HD theme, MT- AOKP with my own theme
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 102
Thanked 508 Times in 186 Posts
gannon050197@gmail.com
Default

For Devs:

Github Page

Again another update, and yet more dropped support for the msm7x30. A group named Andromadus has done a VERY good job with bringing in support for the msm7x30 boards. I'm currently in sync with their cm10.1 branch, and it seems to work pretty well, although the device files need more updating, specifically in headers.

Another problem we're facing is space, of course. If you look at the android_frameworks_base, android_build, and android_external_svox repositories, I have diet scripts that are getting me ~120mb zips at the end, which is really good compared to the before the scripts. To cut back, I need to cut ALL ringtones, notifications, and alarms except for the CyanogenMod ones, so not much diversity there. But all in all, they work fine for me.

Current Error:
Code:
target thumb C++: hwcomposer.msm7x30 <= hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwc.cpp
target thumb C++: hwcomposer.msm7x30 <= hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwc_video.cpp
In file included from hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/ionalloc.h:33:0,
                 from hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/alloc_controller.cpp:36:
bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:27:6: error: multiple definition of 'enum ion_heap_ids'
device/motorola/triumph/include/linux/ion.h:55:6: error: previous definition here
In file included from hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/ionalloc.h:33:0,
                 from hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/alloc_controller.cpp:36:
bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:85:8: error: redefinition of 'struct ion_flush_data'
device/motorola/triumph/include/linux/ion.h:449:8: error: previous definition of 'struct ion_flush_data'
bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:94:8: error: redefinition of 'struct ion_flag_data'
device/motorola/triumph/include/linux/ion.h:464:8: error: previous definition of 'struct ion_flag_data'
make: *** [/home/gannon5197/android/cm10.1/out/target/product/triumph/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/alloc_controller.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
rukin5197 is offline  
Last edited by rukin5197; January 14th, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rukin5197 For This Useful Post:
realdreams (January 14th, 2013)
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 450
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7, Motorola Triumph, & LG Optimus V - All Hacked & Running CyanogenMod!
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 226
Thanked 194 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Shit, the Triumph will eventually have Android 4.2.1? That has issues even on my Nexus 4! (It is certainly buggy, Play Music and the OS love to glitch up, freeze, and crash, particularly SystemUI) I wonder if this little phone can handle it. I do not personally think we should even attempt to put 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) on it when it comes out. 4.2 should be enough to give us mileage until the Triumph is old enough that its hardware won't even run modern web browsers. Let's hope that's not anytime soon. Putting 5.0 on it would be like putting Windows 8 on a PC that came with DOS. Mobile tech especially moves really fast.
__________________
Be a pal and sign up for Dropbox with this URL (if you haven't already got an account) It will assist me and you by giving us both an extra 500MB space. Useful for all the uploads I share with you guys.
MikeRL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rukin5197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 623
 
Device(s): OV- MIUIgb with Suave HD theme, MT- AOKP with my own theme
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 102
Thanked 508 Times in 186 Posts
gannon050197@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRL View Post
Shit, the Triumph will eventually have Android 4.2.1? That has issues even on my Nexus 4! (It is certainly buggy, Play Music and the OS love to glitch up, freeze, and crash, particularly SystemUI) I wonder if this little phone can handle it. I do not personally think we should even attempt to put 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) on it when it comes out. 4.2 should be enough to give us mileage until the Triumph is old enough that its hardware won't even run modern web browsers. Let's hope that's not anytime soon. Putting 5.0 on it would be like putting Windows 8 on a PC that came with DOS. Mobile tech especially moves really fast.
The Optimus V is running 4.2.1 right now... I'm pretty sure we've still got a little life ahead of us
activeservo likes this.
rukin5197 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rukin5197 For This Useful Post:
sellers86 (January 27th, 2013)
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Resident Galaxy Cat
 
TheBritton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amarillo, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,253
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 (Retired: Galaxy Victory, Galaxy S2, Optimus V, Motorola Triumph)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Thanks: 1,354
Thanked 1,214 Times in 616 Posts
Default Re: [DEV] Development of CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2.1) Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukin5197 View Post
The Optimus V is running 4.2.1 right now... I'm pretty sure we've still got a little life ahead of us
Rukin, glad to see development still going strong with that old phone of mine I check the Triumph forums periodically and though I don't have the Triumph anymore, it is still exciting to see the progress!
djboi2011 likes this.
__________________
Someone helped you? Click Thanks!




Report anything offensive/abusive

Site Rules & Guidelines & Android FAQ's
TheBritton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 450
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7, Motorola Triumph, & LG Optimus V - All Hacked & Running CyanogenMod!
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 226
Thanked 194 Times in 129 Posts
Default Re: [DEV] Development of CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2.1) Progress

We made the Triumph jump years into the future. I don't like any of the 4.0 and up ROMs on the OV. Constant reboots and freezes. Never worked for me. Kind of why I switched to the Triumph back then... But now I am on the Nexus 4. The OV was my first Android phone. It was decent for its time. And it's still alright today. We may not have the camera 100% yet but I can assure you that MTDEV ROMs run much smoother than the ROMs I have seen on the OV.
MikeRL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
rebel69ization's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 193
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [DEV] Development of CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2.1) Progress

2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRL View Post
We made the Triumph jump years into the future. I don't like any of the 4.0 and up ROMs on the OV. Constant reboots and freezes. Never worked for me. Kind of why I switched to the Triumph back then... But now I am on the Nexus 4. The OV was my first Android phone. It was decent for its time. And it's still alright today. We may not have the camera 100% yet but I can assure you that MTDEV ROMs run much smoother than the ROMs I have seen on the OV.
I had the ov and passed it on to my son. I actually contemplated trading this piece of crap for that one back. Truth is that phone is light years ahead of this one. We don't even have the kernel they have because our devs can't get it to work on this shit.
rebel69ization is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 450
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7, Motorola Triumph, & LG Optimus V - All Hacked & Running CyanogenMod!
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 226
Thanked 194 Times in 129 Posts
Default Re: [DEV] Development of CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2.1) Progress

They had more luck. Somehow the camera wound up working. Moto sucks chunks. Do yourself a favor and whenever you buy another phone, don't get any of the Android phones that don't get updates. Also ditch VM. Either get a Nexus, Windows Phone, or anything besides mainstream non-Nexus Android. The carriers and OEMs pump out a gazillion models, charge premium price, and expect you to buy a new phone just to upgrade the OS. We should have at least got a Gingerbread update. But thanks to corporate greed, that will never officially happen. In my eyes, they are milking open source for profit, the low cost of open source should be passed on with quality support and hardware and software fixes to the consumer. Open source was in fact created to combat this very type of thing. Remember how Microsoft made us all get new PC's to run Vista and up? Linux was supposed to combat these evils, but I cannot help but think that Android is contradicting the spirit of free software. I can guarantee you when RMS and Linus Torvalds layed out the foundations for Linux and the free software movement, giving companies like Motorola more money was definitely NOT what they hoped to accomplish. Good thing is Motorola has competition. My dumb phone from years back had less issues than the Triumph. Signal was great, and every application worked. It is no wonder that Motorola is near bankruptcy. I say we throw a party then! What goes around comes around. But when I learn some C this semester, I may be able to provide assistance in development. I may seem like I'm doing nothing now, but I'm waiting for help on the FAQ and myself to learn programming, plus after going at this for six to nine months, I just need a damn break. I will return.
djboi2011 likes this.
MikeRL is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRL For This Useful Post:
rebel69ization (January 24th, 2013)
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 124
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph: Yes i still have one
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default

From what i've been told/heard usually any Android phone has only ever been upgraded one version higher than what it started at. This statement is not meant however, to release Motorola from it's duty to their loyal customers. They could at east have offered patches to cure some of the problems that this phone has been reported to have. The Triumph is capable of Gingerbread as we all well know. The fact that you guys almost have a fully working camera on ICS is testament to the dedication of weekend developers. All Hail the Devs like G60 and others that take time away from their families and regular lives to make our phones better.
andr2d2 is offline  
Last edited by andr2d2; January 23rd, 2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added more thoughts
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
pillbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): Asus TF700T, Motorola Triumph (Cyanogenmod 7)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I was really annoyed with Toyota when I bought the base model 2011 Camry and they didn't just give me the 2012 model with the sunroof and satellite radio the next year.
pillbug is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
redgjm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: La Puente CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 123
 
Device(s): Evo V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 18
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: [DEV] Development of CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2.1) Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillbug View Post
I was really annoyed with Toyota when I bought the base model 2011 Camry and they didn't just give me the 2012 model with the sunroof and satellite radio the next year.
That's not the same thing.
__________________
$25 credit when signing up to Virgin Mobile!
https://refer.virginmobileusa.com/3ZaBNmT
redgjm is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
rebel69ization's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 193
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [DEV] Development of CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2.1) Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgjm View Post
That's not the same thing.
Yeah
rebel69ization is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
pillbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): Asus TF700T, Motorola Triumph (Cyanogenmod 7)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgjm View Post
That's not the same thing.
Explain to me why it's not.

And, and always, thank you devs for all your hard work.
pillbug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Diego, Ca
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
 
Device(s): Optimus F3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 144
Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillbug View Post
Explain to me why it's not.

And, and always, thank you devs for all your hard work.
because when there was an issue with the toyota, toyota recalled them and fixed the issue, also toyota does stand by the workmanship of their products.
calitrippin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 Retired: SG Victory, Motorola Triumph, ZTE Warp, Intercept
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 122
Thanked 94 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillbug View Post
Explain to me why it's not.

And, and always, thank you devs for all your hard work.

Nope, it's not the same thing. In your example we would be asking Motorola to give us a newer more capable phone... no in our case we bought a 2011 Toyota that has a bug in the computer that causes it to stall every time we drive up a mountain above 4000 feet. We simply are asking that they fix a deficiency that causes our phones to run out of memory and lock up.

By the way, the 4000 foot analogy actually happened on my Yamaha motorcycle , and yes Yamaha did recall and correct the problem.
TheBritton likes this.
bob-st is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
BSydz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 951
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph Sharpened, Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 863
Thanked 937 Times in 365 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukin5197 View Post
For Devs:

Github Page

Again another update, and yet more dropped support for the msm7x30. A group named Andromadus has done a VERY good job with bringing in support for the msm7x30 boards. I'm currently in sync with their cm10.1 branch, and it seems to work pretty well, although the device files need more updating, specifically in headers.

Another problem we're facing is space, of course. If you look at the android_frameworks_base, android_build, and android_external_svox repositories, I have diet scripts that are getting me ~120mb zips at the end, which is really good compared to the before the scripts. To cut back, I need to cut ALL ringtones, notifications, and alarms except for the CyanogenMod ones, so not much diversity there. But all in all, they work fine for me.

Current Error:
Code:
target thumb C++: hwcomposer.msm7x30 <= hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwc.cpp
target thumb C++: hwcomposer.msm7x30 <= hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/hwc_video.cpp
In file included from hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/ionalloc.h:33:0,
                 from hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/alloc_controller.cpp:36:
bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:27:6: error: multiple definition of 'enum ion_heap_ids'
device/motorola/triumph/include/linux/ion.h:55:6: error: previous definition here
In file included from hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/ionalloc.h:33:0,
                 from hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/alloc_controller.cpp:36:
bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:85:8: error: redefinition of 'struct ion_flush_data'
device/motorola/triumph/include/linux/ion.h:449:8: error: previous definition of 'struct ion_flush_data'
bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:94:8: error: redefinition of 'struct ion_flag_data'
device/motorola/triumph/include/linux/ion.h:464:8: error: previous definition of 'struct ion_flag_data'
make: *** [/home/gannon5197/android/cm10.1/out/target/product/triumph/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/alloc_controller.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
What happened to the github?

Error: All you have to do is find the lines that are the same and either comment out the lines in our ion.h file or vice versa. It is either defined differently or just because there are duplicate definitions for the same thing. I could tell you more if I could see it.
__________________
"If somethings in your way, you gotta move it or use it." - Me

If you would like to thank me, beyond just saying thanks, you can donate to my coffee fund to keep my eyes open.
Donate
BSydz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
pillbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): Asus TF700T, Motorola Triumph (Cyanogenmod 7)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calitrippin View Post
because when there was an issue with the toyota, toyota recalled them and fixed the issue, also toyota does stand by the workmanship of their products.
No, I think some people here are missing the point. It's OK if you think your phone is crap. But you should have known what you were getting when you bought it, and there's no reason to assume that Motorola (or whoever actually made the thing) would give you updates and imrovements for free. My Toyota example wasn't for a recall where something didn't work (and even there, recalls are ONLY for safety, and are typically enforced by the government). What didn't work on your Android 2.2 phone when you bought it that you expected to work? Why didn't you quickly return it when you found out? Motorola owes us nothing. And they are going to give us just that. I do not begrudge them for it.

I am running an October build of Android 2.3 on my phone. I love it. My phone works flawlessly. I'm excited about ICS (and Jellybean), but I know the developers are only working on the phone because they want to, not because they have to. They too owe us nothing. But they're in it for love. We should respect that, not ask for ETAs, and at least occasionally maybe send our thanks in the form of some scratch.

I see people seemingly bitter and angry over their phones and their $25/mo plans. Heck, you don't like it? Verizon will be happy to sell you something better and much, much more expensive. Me? I'm happy enough. My phone works well. And it's better now than when I bought it due to very generous and brilliant developers. And I really find the development talk (and frequent products) here on this board fascinating reading. My appreciation to all.
pillbug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 124
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph: Yes i still have one
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Sorry pillbug, I disagree with you about Motorola. We know they could allow a simple update if they wanted to. Just simple patches to fix the known problems with the stock Rom. I would certainly agree that they are under no obligation to advance us to a higher version of the Android OS simply because that's what we want. Why not at least release the needed files so that someone else can though? But they don't care about us because we are prepaid. Plain and simple! Offer an update to a higher version of the OS as a paid subscription if you have to make a profit at every turn. They won't even give us any options!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pillbug View Post
No, I think some people here are missing the point. It's OK if you think your phone is crap. But you should have known what you were getting when you bought it, and there's no reason to assume that Motorola (or whoever actually made the thing) would give you updates and imrovements for free. My Toyota example wasn't for a recall where something didn't work (and even there, recalls are ONLY for safety, and are typically enforced by the government). What didn't work on your Android 2.2 phone when you bought it that you expected to work? Why didn't you quickly return it when you found out? Motorola owes us nothing. And they are going to give us just that. I do not begrudge them for it.

I am running an October build of Android 2.3 on my phone. I love it. My phone works flawlessly. I'm excited about ICS (and Jellybean), but I know the developers are only working on the phone because they want to, not because they have to. They too owe us nothing. But they're in it for love. We should respect that, not ask for ETAs, and at least occasionally maybe send our thanks in the form of some scratch.

I see people seemingly bitter and angry over their phones and their $25/mo plans. Heck, you don't like it? Verizon will be happy to sell you something better and much, much more expensive. Me? I'm happy enough. My phone works well. And it's better now than when I bought it due to very generous and brilliant developers. And I really find the development talk (and frequent products) here on this board fascinating reading. My appreciation to all.
andr2d2 is offline  
Last edited by andr2d2; January 25th, 2013 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,810 Times in 772 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSydz View Post
What happened to the github?

Error: All you have to do is find the lines that are the same and either comment out the lines in our ion.h file or vice versa. It is either defined differently or just because there are duplicate definitions for the same thing. I could tell you more if I could see it.
You may also want to replace all the files in the include from the updated kernel BSydz did. I don't believe we have gone back and updated those files from CM9-CM10.1.
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rukin5197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 623
 
Device(s): OV- MIUIgb with Suave HD theme, MT- AOKP with my own theme
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 102
Thanked 508 Times in 186 Posts
gannon050197@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSydz View Post
What happened to the github?

Error: All you have to do is find the lines that are the same and either comment out the lines in our ion.h file or vice versa. It is either defined differently or just because there are duplicate definitions for the same thing. I could tell you more if I could see it.
Sorry haven't been keeping this thread up to date much. I have gotten past all the errors and I'm now doing an Evervolv build due to the support for legacy devices and msm7x30 in particular.

https://github.com/MTEvervolv is where the source is at, and if you want to contribute I can make you and g60 co-owners as well.

Right now I'm just getting a black screen after the M logo and it's flashing randomly.
rukin5197 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
rebel69ization's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 193
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [DEV] Development of CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2.1) Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillbug View Post
No, I think some people here are missing the point. It's OK if you think your phone is crap. But you should have known what you were getting when you bought it, and there's no reason to assume that Motorola (or whoever actually made the thing) would give you updates and imrovements for free. My Toyota example wasn't for a recall where something didn't work (and even there, recalls are ONLY for safety, and are typically enforced by the government). What didn't work on your Android 2.2 phone when you bought it that you expected to work? Why didn't you quickly return it when you found out? Motorola owes us nothing. And they are going to give us just that. I do not begrudge them for it.

I am running an October build of Android 2.3 on my phone. I love it. My phone works flawlessly. I'm excited about ICS (and Jellybean), but I know the developers are only working on the phone because they want to, not because they have to. They too owe us nothing. But they're in it for love. We should respect that, not ask for ETAs, and at least occasionally maybe send our thanks in the form of some scratch.

I see people seemingly bitter and angry over their phones and their $25/mo plans. Heck, you don't like it? Verizon will be happy to sell you something better and much, much more expensive. Me? I'm happy enough. My phone works well. And it's better now than when I bought it due to very generous and brilliant developers. And I really find the development talk (and frequent products) here on this board fascinating reading. My appreciation to all.
Stop it already and go wash your face
rebel69ization is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
Resident Galaxy Cat
 
TheBritton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amarillo, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,253
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 (Retired: Galaxy Victory, Galaxy S2, Optimus V, Motorola Triumph)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Thanks: 1,354
Thanked 1,214 Times in 616 Posts
Default Re: [DEV] Development of CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2.1) Progress

This is a thread about development.
That means "progress"
TheBritton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.