Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > TV/Film
TV/Film Talk about tv shows and movies.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree13Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Destroying Balls Everyday
Thread Author (OP)
 
Vihzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 5,369
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 190
Thanked 1,061 Times in 673 Posts
Default What Shows Are You Watching This Season

With the regular shows coming back this fall, what're you guys going to watch? Any new ones you want to see?

My must watch shows:

The Office
30 Rock
Community
Modern Family
Outsourced (New - looks hilarious from the promos)
Parenthood
The Event (New - could be potentially really intriguing)
No Ordinary Family (New - giving it a shot)
Medium
The Simpsons
Family Guy
American Dad

Vihzel is offline  
Last edited by Vihzel; September 8th, 2010 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,433 Times in 975 Posts
Default

I'll be watching Glee, Chuck, Modern Family, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and The Office.

EDIT: Forgot to add Community
__________________
I talk to corporate like a BAWSS!

DEVICE ► Nexus 5 / Nexus 7
ROM ► Dirty Unicorns
KERNEL ► Franco / Glitch
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Last edited by NYCHitman1; September 11th, 2010 at 07:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Aiyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 423
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 132
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Rubicon and Burn Notice, those are my safers. Rest will be on my schedule. The new series that is written by the person that wrote the story for sopranos looks really promising as well.

But in the end, we will see how it goes!
Aiyan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
shizzy1427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 467
 
Device(s): Droid CM6 RC2 1Ghz Launcher Pro, Beautiful Widgets, Sexiness
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Send a message via AIM to shizzy1427
Default

The Office, House, Man vs. Wild, Fringe
__________________
"Man's mind, once stretched by an idea, never regains it's original dimensions."
shizzy1427 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Blame it on me
 
DaSchmarotzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,087
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 442
Thanked 1,558 Times in 783 Posts
Default

The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. The two funniest shows I've ever seen.

I used to watch House and Man vs Wild, they are cool shows but I guess I grew tired of them.
DaSchmarotzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ballisticn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 760
 
Device(s): VZW Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 190
Thanked 157 Times in 97 Posts
Default

sons of anarchy, also dvr'd this new show called terriers, the previews made me laugh so i figured i would check it out.
__________________
*Insert witty line here*
ballisticn8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Aiyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 423
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 132
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Oh, I might go for a rewatch of scrubs. But those are on DVDs, so not really fall view. I'm also waiting for the season 2 of Spartacus which was for me the surprise package of last year. One show I had no great thought about at all, but in the end loved.

This fall, I think Rubicon have shown great promises - I really enjoy how the show unfolds and grow on you, must say I'm also in love with the great cast and music. It's a suspense series without being too fancy.
Aiyan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
OFWGKTA
 
CRPercodani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: M A dub'l dolla sign
Posts: 2,942
 
Device(s): EVO, DROID
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 569 Times in 237 Posts
Default

Sons of Anarchy first episode of season 3 was good, the ending really has me itching for next week. Top of my list is Dexter though, last seasons ending was out of this world so I can't wait to see what they do with it.
__________________
So I'm guessin' there's questions that need addressin' like how he fresh in the adolescence and wreckin em'
Rules & Guidelines, Zero Tolerance Policy.
CRPercodani is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CRPercodani For This Useful Post:
tommy_ed (September 15th, 2010)
Old September 12th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
android.convert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 217
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid X Blackberry 8530
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

The Office (getting tired of it though)
30 Rock
Community
Modern Family
Outsourced (New - looks hilarious from the promos)
The Event (New - could be potentially really intriguing)
Family Guy
Big Bang Theory
Detroit 187 (well it's film where I'm from!)
android.convert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jamor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,677
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (retired galaxy nexus, htc incredible)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 643
Thanked 841 Times in 516 Posts
Default

I'm praying for NBC to bring "To Catch a Predator" back.

Fantastic show.. it was canceled because a guy blew his brains out after being caught. His sister sued NBC and got millions.
jamor is offline  
Last edited by jamor; September 13th, 2010 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,433 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamor View Post
i'm praying for nbc to bring "to catch a predator" back.

Fantastic show.. It was canceled because a guy blew his brains out after being caught. His sister sued nbc and got millions.
Lmfao! Well, he did what he felt he deserved.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Last edited by NYCHitman1; September 13th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
savoxis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 811
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (CM10 Nightlies) and too many old devices to list
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 259
Thanked 707 Times in 265 Posts
Send a message via MSN to savoxis Send a message via Skype™ to savoxis savoxis@gmail.com
Default

September 20, 2010

How I Met Your Mother - Season 6

To hold me over until that comes out I have been watching the following on Hulu:

Eureka
Warehouse 13
Firefly
Testees
Always Sunny in PA
Doogie Howser MD
__________________
Come join us on IRC!
The mAndroid Connection
VZW Galaxy Nexus CM9 Nightly
There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
Donate
savoxis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Fringe
House
Dexter (season ender floored me)
Weeds
Sons of Anarchy (Halfway through the second season so I have to catch up)

I'm really looking forward to AMC's The Walking Dead. Love the comic, its amazing btw if you've never read it.
zombies8mybrain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,433 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombies8mybrain View Post
Dexter (season ender floored me)
I need to catch up on Dexter so bad.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VegasOnAcid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,759
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 130
Thanked 188 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Weeds and the new HBO show. Boardwalk Empire.
VegasOnAcid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
tommy_ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): iPhone 4s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 590
Thanked 146 Times in 100 Posts
Default

-Always Sunny
-Weeds
-Dexter
-Tosh.0
-Southpark

and lately ive been hooked on "six feet under" and "rome" although i have them downloaded so it doesnt reall count as fall viewing
tommy_ed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ninja Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southeast MI
Posts: 712
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 445
Thanked 314 Times in 181 Posts
Default

Shows I watch:
Fringe
Smallville
House
Law & Order SVU
Stargate Universe
Family Guy
American Dad

New shows I will give a shot:
The Event
Outsourced
Outlaw

Second seasons I can't wait for:
Justified
Spartacus

I don't really like most comedies on TV. I've tried many times to watch The Office but I just don't find it funny. 30 Rock and Modern Family are funny but I just can't stay interested in comedies. I can take them or leave them. Family Guy and American Dad always make me laugh.
__________________
Welcome to your life.....There's no turning back.
Ninja Monkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,433 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasOnAcid View Post
Weeds and the new HBO show. Boardwalk Empire.
OMG! I forgot about Boardwalk Empire too!
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VegasOnAcid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,759
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 130
Thanked 188 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
OMG! I forgot about Boardwalk Empire too!
Starts this sunday, I am hyped, looks great and you cant go wrong with Scorsese.
VegasOnAcid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Modern Family

Eastbound and Down

Southpark
Azzurri is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,433 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasOnAcid View Post
Starts this sunday, I am hyped, looks great and you cant go wrong with Scorsese.
How was the episode last night? I missed it. I was watching my Colts stomp all over the Giants lol. I'm gonna have to check it out sometime this week over HBO On Demand.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VegasOnAcid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,759
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 130
Thanked 188 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
How was the episode last night? I missed it. I was watching my Colts stomp all over the Giants lol. I'm gonna have to check it out sometime this week over HBO On Demand.
It was pretty good, jumped right into things. I will surely be keeping up with the show.
VegasOnAcid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,433 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasOnAcid View Post
It was pretty good, jumped right into things. I will surely be keeping up with the show.
I did happen to catch a small part during halftime which all I saw was a lady getting smacked up and a guy questioning where some lump sum of $ came from lol.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've heard good things about Hawaii Five O.
Azzurri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPercodani View Post
Sons of Anarchy first episode of season 3 was good, the ending really has me itching for next week. Top of my list is Dexter though, last seasons ending was out of this world so I can't wait to see what they do with it.
Could NOT get over how dexter ended!!
spoiler>even though i didn't like her much
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
I need to catch up on Dexter so bad.
yes, you really do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Monkey View Post
Shows I watch:
Fringe
Smallville
House
Law & Order SVU
Stargate Universe
Family Guy
American Dad

New shows I will give a shot:
The Event
Outsourced
Outlaw

Second seasons I can't wait for:
Justified
Spartacus

I don't really like most comedies on TV. I've tried many times to watch The Office but I just don't find it funny. 30 Rock and Modern Family are funny but I just can't stay interested in comedies. I can take them or leave them. Family Guy and American Dad always make me laugh.
+1, can't really get into any 30min shows(guess most/all of those are comedies) It's like thats not long enough to get emotionally involved in or something.
Btw, what was outlaw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
I've heard good things about Hawaii Five O.
Set on DVR along with a slew of new shows +
House
Castle
NCIS
Smallville (guilty pleasure)
Survivor
Justified
Lie to me
Pysch
Burn notice
Royal pains
Covert AFFAIRS
list goes on and on...
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
gochewontinfoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): motorola droid, verizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Always Sunny
Sons of Anarchy
Louie (I love FX)
Fringe
Cougar Town (actually very funny)
Community
The Office
gochewontinfoil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
gochewontinfoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): motorola droid, verizon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamor View Post
I'm praying for NBC to bring "To Catch a Predator" back.

Fantastic show.. it was canceled because a guy blew his brains out after being caught. His sister sued NBC and got millions.
"Have a seat over there."
"I just came to talk!"
gochewontinfoil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 77
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Returning Shows I watch:
Chuck
Bones
Fringe
Dexter
Smallville
Glee
One Tree Hill
Criminal Minds
Modern Family
The Good Guys
The Cleveland Show
Family Guy
Bored to Death

New Shows I'm going to watch:
No Ordinary Family
The Event
Undercovers

I know my list is kind of all over the place and feel free to make fun of me for watching One Tree Hill. I also just recently finished watching summer shows Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs and a few others. I'm also trying to catch up via DVD on Leverage having just finished Season 2 but will be a while until Season 3 (which just ended) comes out on DVD.
Potvin63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx, back up Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Default

So psyched for back to back premieres of my 2 favorite shows Big Bang Theory and 30 Rock. Also been watching glee, parenthood, and I may continue Boardwalk Empire if I can find it online
Exiled is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,433 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potvin63 View Post
Returning Shows I watch:
Chuck
Bones
Fringe
Dexter
Smallville
Glee
One Tree Hill
Criminal Minds
Modern Family
The Good Guys
The Cleveland Show
Family Guy
Bored to Death

New Shows I'm going to watch:
No Ordinary Family
The Event
Undercovers

I know my list is kind of all over the place and feel free to make fun of me for watching One Tree Hill. I also just recently finished watching summer shows Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs and a few others. I'm also trying to catch up via DVD on Leverage having just finished Season 2 but will be a while until Season 3 (which just ended) comes out on DVD.
I wish I could still watch Smallville without having the feeling of vomiting at the terrible plot of each episode. After Season 3 the show went totally downhill.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 24th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
pantlesspenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Overland Park, KS
Gender: Female
Posts: 640
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 254
Thanked 106 Times in 59 Posts
Send a message via AIM to pantlesspenguin Send a message via Yahoo to pantlesspenguin dopplergaydar
Default

HIMYM
BBT
Criminal Minds
Eureka
Parenthood (even though I'm pretty lost, lol)
The Event

That's about it, really. I need to Hulu Warehouse 13. It sounds right up my alley.
pantlesspenguin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
Be nice!
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,290
 
Device(s): AOKP 4.4.2 (Kit Kat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,567
Thanked 26,456 Times in 6,829 Posts
Default

I watch various Star Trek (TNG, Voyager, TOS, STE,) repeats and started back up watching Fringe, last night.
__________________
==============================


My old signature went here ^^
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #33 (permalink)
Destroying Balls Everyday
Thread Author (OP)
 
Vihzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 5,369
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 190
Thanked 1,061 Times in 673 Posts
Default

After the Wednesday and Thursday premiers from the comedies (Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, The Office, Modern Family, Community, and Outsourced)... I'd have to say that Modern Family won in best season premier. I cracked up laughing... as in lol and not a "heh"...
Vihzel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
MysteryloverAnne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 75
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt LG Revolution-returned (POS) Droid-Retired
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
HIMYM

That's about it, really. I need to Hulu Warehouse 13. It sounds right up my alley.
You really should - very enjoyable characters and storylines if you can suspend your disbelief just a little bit.

Returning shows: Chuck, Castle, Big Bang Theory.

New Shows: Hawaii 5-0 and No Ordinary Family

Current Netflix Addiction: Buffy The Vampire Slayer
MysteryloverAnne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 77
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
I wish I could still watch Smallville without having the feeling of vomiting at the terrible plot of each episode. After Season 3 the show went totally downhill.
Well in all honesty every season has been filled with bad plot episodes with the exception of Season 2, which was phenomenal all the way around. Season 1 had its moments but week to week wasn't that great. Season 3 is when it started going downhill but at that point I had been watching for so long that I couldn't justify stopping with all the time I had put in.

I actually stopped watching halfway through last season but since this is the final season and a lot of favorite characters will be making cameos I figured I might as well finish what I started.

Also, The Event was AWFUL. I actually liked Hawaii Five-0 also.
Potvin63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #36 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potvin63 View Post
Well in all honesty every season has been filled with bad plot episodes with the exception of Season 2, which was phenomenal all the way around. Season 1 had its moments but week to week wasn't that great. Season 3 is when it started going downhill but at that point I had been watching for so long that I couldn't justify stopping with all the time I had put in.

I actually stopped watching halfway through last season but since this is the final season and a lot of favorite characters will be making cameos I figured I might as well finish what I started.

Also, The Event was AWFUL. I actually liked Hawaii Five-0 also.
I almost stopped watching smallville halfway through last season, thats when the old lady finally gave up on it. Had last 5 episodes on my dvr all summer, finally did watch them though.
On the fence with 'The Event' so far, i'll give it a chance.
Also 'Lonestar' i thought had potential but was poorly done, its been canceled already after just 2 episodes.
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 77
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmayer79 View Post
I almost stopped watching smallville halfway through last season, thats when the old lady finally gave up on it. Had last 5 episodes on my dvr all summer, finally did watch them though.
On the fence with 'The Event' so far, i'll give it a chance.
Also 'Lonestar' i thought had potential but was poorly done, its been canceled already after just 2 episodes.
It boggles my mind when a network will cancel a show after just two episodes. Not every show will be a smash ratings hit right from the beginning and to be quite honest I have a suggestion for the networks.

I think they should ban any more cop/spy and medical shows for a while and really try to produce "new" programming. I can't count how many of the new summer and fall shows fit into those two categories. I heard Josh Schwartz (creator of the O.C.) just got a pilot greenlit about a female character who talks to the dead/ghosts. How much more of a Ghost Whisperer/Medium stereotype show could this be?
Potvin63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Lost faith in the networks when Life got canceled. Charlie Crews was the MAN!!

*goes all zen like
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
bword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 261
 
Device(s): Skyrockets in flight
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Boardwalk Empire
Bored to death
KENNY EFFIN POWERS
Family guy
The Office
Venture Brothers
Robot Chicken
__________________
Skyrocket on a Slim Bean rom
bword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Really loving Hawaii 5-0
Also am enjoying The Event so far
No Ordinary Family too
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 77
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
Really loving Hawaii 5-0
Also am enjoying The Event so far
No Ordinary Family too
I'm enjoying Hawaii 5-0 as well and really only tuned in because I am a big Alex O'Loughlin fan since Moonlight a few years back. Glad to see he's in a better vehicle than his hospital show last year about transplant surgeons.

I gave up on the The Event after the first episode as I just had flashbacks of Heroes and Flash Forward and wasn't going down that road again.

Watched the first two episodes of No Ordinary Family last night On Demand and like what I've seen so far. The supporting cast is excellent and I've been a Greg Berlanti fan since Everwood on the WB and will give anything he writes a fair shake.
Potvin63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Potvin63 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (October 26th, 2010)
Old October 25th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ninja Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southeast MI
Posts: 712
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 445
Thanked 314 Times in 181 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
+1, can't really get into any 30min shows(guess most/all of those are comedies) It's like thats not long enough to get emotionally involved in or something.
Btw, what was outlaw?
Outlaw was canceled after 2 episodes so it doesn't matter. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
I need to Hulu Warehouse 13. It sounds right up my alley.
It's a solid but quirky little show. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
I almost stopped watching smallville halfway through last season, thats when the old lady finally gave up on it. Had last 5 episodes on my dvr all summer, finally did watch them though.
I think the last season has been really good so far. I've been with the show from the beginning.
Ninja Monkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:37 AM   #43 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potvin63 View Post
I'm enjoying Hawaii 5-0 as well and really only tuned in because I am a big Alex O'Loughlin fan since Moonlight a few years back. Glad to see he's in a better vehicle than his hospital show last year about transplant surgeons.

I gave up on the The Event after the first episode as I just had flashbacks of Heroes and Flash Forward and wasn't going down that road again.

Watched the first two episodes of No Ordinary Family last night On Demand and like what I've seen so far. The supporting cast is excellent and I've been a Greg Berlanti fan since Everwood on the WB and will give anything he writes a fair shake.
Was on the fence about event at first too. its been enjoyable but dont see what they can really do with it if it lasts for future seasons. Loved Moonlight and it was one of the reasons i started watching 5-0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Monkey View Post
Outlaw was canceled after 2 episodes so it doesn't matter. LOL.
I think the last season has been really good so far. I've been with the show from the beginning.
I think i missed first season or 2 but have caught most of them via re-runs on hdnet. I am WAY behind this season, got all but the first episode still on dvr unwatched
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #44 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Posts: 52
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Fringe
Modern Family
It's Always Sunny
How I Met Your Mother
Glee

R.I.P. - Scrubs
ryanmmacoustic is offline  
Last edited by ryanmmacoustic; October 26th, 2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: add context
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Destroying Balls Everyday
Thread Author (OP)
 
Vihzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 5,369
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 190
Thanked 1,061 Times in 673 Posts
Default

I see The Event being cancelled after this season with how it's ratings have just plummeted after the season opener. The writing and acting is just not good enough to sustain it. They started out with 11.2 million viewers and last episode is at 5.9 million. I'm worried at what it's going to be like in spring.
Vihzel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #46 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 77
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmmacoustic View Post
Fringe
Modern Family
It's Always Sunny
How I Met Your Mother
Glee

R.I.P. - Scrubs
Fringe deserves to be put in bold as I think it's one of the best shows on TV that not enough people are watching. It explores things most of us only dream about and contains one of the most entertaining characters on television in a long time with Dr. Walter Bishop. John Noble does a fantastic job playing him and he has so many quirks that make him endearing when far too many lead characters have quirks that make them almost unlikeable.

It's almost too late for me to catch up on episodes of HIMYM because I barely have enough time to watch the dozen or so shows I'm committed to now.

I suddenly have a lot of free time on my hands because I no longer have Fox as a Cablevision subscriber so I missed Glee last night and will miss the start of the World Series too. I need Verizon FIOS to wire my building!
Potvin63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Potvin63 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (October 28th, 2010)
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #47 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Posts: 52
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potvin63 View Post
Fringe deserves to be put in bold as I think it's one of the best shows on TV that not enough people are watching. It explores things most of us only dream about and contains one of the most entertaining characters on television in a long time with Dr. Walter Bishop. John Noble does a fantastic job playing him and he has so many quirks that make him endearing when far too many lead characters have quirks that make them almost unlikeable.

It's almost too late for me to catch up on episodes of HIMYM because I barely have enough time to watch the dozen or so shows I'm committed to now.

I suddenly have a lot of free time on my hands because I no longer have Fox as a Cablevision subscriber so I missed Glee last night and will miss the start of the World Series too. I need Verizon FIOS to wire my building!
I love Fringe, it really makes you think. Not enough shows do that nowadays. Heck, I even like Joshua Jackson on the show.

HIMYM was great when it started, but i think it's starting to run it's course. NPH makes me laugh though.

The Rocky Horror episode was really good last night, i thought it was hilarious. Sorry you are going to miss the first game of the Wolrd Series, I will be parking my butt in front of the tv all night, I can't miss this series.
ryanmmacoustic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 06:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BiGMERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,080
 
Device(s): Transformer Prime and GSM Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 273 Times in 208 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BiGMERF Send a message via Yahoo to BiGMERF Tainosolja@gmail.com
Default

Smallville
Always Sunny in Philidelphia
The league
Mentalist
SVU
Greys anatomy
Private practice
Desperate Housewives
CSI Miami

Waiting for the return of
Royal pains
Covert affairs
Burn Notice
__________________
Twitter= BiGMERF
Google Plus = http://bit.ly/vfQSe8
BiGMERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:10 PM   #49 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGMERF View Post
Smallville
Always Sunny in Philidelphia
The league
Mentalist
SVU
Greys anatomy
Private practice
Desperate Housewives
CSI Miami

Waiting for the return of
Royal pains
Covert affairs
Burn Notice
Like the way you think Bigmerf... Love all the USA shows including Psych.
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #50 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: in a home
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Super Natural
Smallville
The Event
Survivor
sweetums is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > TV/Film
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.