Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE U960 > U960 - All Things Root

Like Tree48Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #151 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
If you are talking about slot1 it's normal... It's only GSM out of China where instead is TD-CDMA... Only slot 2 is wcdma...
thanks a lot

Advertisements
nitricjs is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #152 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitricjs View Post
thanks a lot
You are welcome
don't forget to use the thanks button ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catty62 For This Useful Post:
nitricjs (April 15th, 2012)
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #153 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Do the following problems still persist?

I'm looking to either buy this phone or some cheap clone or some non-OS even 4 sim phone- as from what i have gathered from reading this forum, the latter have better dual sim functionality, while U960 is still bugged by some problems. Could you please confirm if at this time the following stil exist?

1. When receiving sms from contacts, only number is shown not name (so you can't quickly tell who was it that sent the message). I know that there is a solution to duplicate numbers for each contact with or without intl. prefix, but this is simply unacceptable as I have contacts with say 5 numbers, and it would mean to have 10 numbers added for that contact, plus i want to transfer cantacts to/from other android phones which do not have this problem

2. No MMI codes for sim 1? That is bad because both of my sims are prepaid, so i need to constantly check credit and select options.

3. Phone still freezes from time to time even with the latest roms? I receive business calls on both sims so the lines need to be available at all times, and not constantly check the phone to see if it's frozen or not.
asc3asc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #154 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post
1. When receiving sms from contacts, only number is shown not name (so you can't quickly tell who was it that sent the message). I know that there is a solution to duplicate numbers for each contact with or without intl. prefix, but this is simply unacceptable as I have contacts with say 5 numbers, and it would mean to have 10 numbers added for that contact, plus i want to transfer cantacts to/from other android phones which do not have this problem
I never had that problem, I always see the name of the contact that send sms to me ... (I immediatly replaced the B08 rom with a new B13 rom..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post
2. No MMI codes for sim 1? That is bad because both of my sims are prepaid, so i need to constantly check credit and select options.
If your are talking about service sms from the provider, we use handcent to receive the notify of message and the standard sms app for answer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post
3. Phone still freezes from time to time even with the latest roms? I receive business calls on both sims so the lines need to be available at all times, and not constantly check the phone to see if it's frozen or not.
From when I install the my modified rom it never freeze ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:52 AM   #155 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ZTE U 960 or ZTE U 960 SKYPE?

hi everybody!

I want to buy ZTE U 960.

1.
may I know which is the correct name: "ZTE U 960" or "ZTE U 960 Skype", please?
I've found ZTE U 960 at US $182.85, and ZTE U 960 Skype at
US $349.99.

I'm affraid something is not the same, but I can't find the true.
in my 2nd post I'll send you that 2 different links.

I'm interested in that DUAL SIMS ACTIVE ZTE U960.

2.
is this ZTE U 960 a DUAL SIM ACTIVE, or a dual sim STAND BY only, please?
(according to the wikipedia:
Dual Stand By: It simply means that your mobile will be in connection with both mobile service providers at the same time and you can either place or receive a call on either of the mobile numbers. But, as you are busy with one number, the other number goes "Not reachable"
Dual Active: Your calling party will never hear "Not reachable" message if he calls you on second mobile number when you are busy on talking on first number. He will be just on "waiting" that time ....
Reason: Dual Active mobiles use TWO processors to handle both SIM where Dual Stand By mobiles uses only ONE processor to handle both SIM".

3.
please tell me which is the best processor:
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdrogan MSM8255 1GHz (on the ZTE U 960)
or
CPU: MT6575 Cortex-A9 40nm 1GHz (on the ZOPO ZP 200)?

thank you very much.
oalgvi17 is offline  
Last edited by oalgvi17; April 15th, 2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: details
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #156 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalgvi17 View Post

so, is ZTE U960 a dual sim ACTIVE or a dual sim STAND BY only?
it is a full active dual sim ... it is a real dual radio ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalgvi17 View Post
on the other hand please tell me which is the best processor:
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdrogan MSM8255 1GHz (on the ZTE U 960)
or
CPU: MT6575 Cortex-A9 40nm 1GHz (on the ZOPO ZP 200)?
the ZTE is provide with MSM8255 or MSM7630 ... (the mine have the 7630)
the MT6575 is a new cpu ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #157 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ZTE U 960 or ZTE U 960 SKYPE?

ZTE U 960 or ZTE U 960 SKYPE?

I've found 2 different prices:
ZTE U960 at US $182.85
and
ZTE U960 Skype at US $ 349.99

have you found any difference, please?
I remind you that I need that DUAL SIM ACTIVE only.

on the other hand, can you write 2, or 3 links where to order at the best price this phone?

thank you.
oalgvi17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #158 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
the ZTE is provide with MSM8255 or MSM7630 ... (the mine have the 7630)
As discussed earlier I believe this is just a glitch on some diagnostic program.

I just installed the latest "android system info" that reports MSM8255.

On the other and the MSM76xx and MSM86xx are dual standard SOCs (GSM/CDMA), while the MSM72xx and MSM82xx are (GSM only).

So the 76xx are probably slightly more expensive than the 72xx counterparts, it's hard to believe ZTE used the dual standard version given the CDMA part is not needed on this phone.
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 15th, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #159 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalgvi17 View Post
is this ZTE U 960 a DUAL SIM ACTIVE, or a dual sim STAND BY only, please?
As we said everywhere The U960 is actually (and likely in the next future) the only dual active smatrphone on the market.

Quote:
please tell me which is the best processor:
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdrogan MSM8255 1GHz (on the ZTE U 960)
or
CPU: MT6575 Cortex-A9 40nm 1GHz (on the ZOPO ZP 200)?
Surely the Qualcomm CPU comes from the market leader and end his architecture is proven and well known.

The Mediatek CPU comes from a newcomer, used to build cheap and weak CPUs for the low end market, the specs of that new CPU are promising, but have to be proven on the real world use.

Quote:
I've found 2 different prices:
ZTE U960 at US $182.85
and
ZTE U960 Skype at US $ 349.99
It's the same phone.

BTW is unclear what "condition = second" mean on the less expensive link.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #160 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post

3. Phone still freezes from time to time even with the latest roms? I receive business calls on both sims so the lines need to be available at all times, and not constantly check the phone to see if it's frozen or not.
With the latest ROM from Catty the phone is just rock solid.

No freeze and no spontaneous reboots at all, no matter if V6 supercharger is enabled or not.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #161 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thank you very much.

2 things I didn't understand, first of them due to my english:
"On the other and the MSM76xx and MSM86xx are dual standard SOCs (GSM/CDMA), while the MSM72xx and MSM82xx are (GSM only)"

ZTE U 960 is dual sim WCDMA (UMTS) + GSM.
according to you, "MSM82xx are (GSM only)".

but this phone has Qualcomm Snapdrogan MSM8255 1GHz ?!

the second,
I didn't understand these specifications about ZTE U960:
ZTE U960 at US $ 288.00 / piece :
"Chipset
MTK8825 1GMHZ

Quad-band
GSM850/900/1800/1900Mhz

Flash memory
Flash Card 4GB+DDR 2GB

Dimension
110.5mm58.5mm13.1mm
Weight
100g

sim
dual sim dual standby

back camera 3.2MP

and about ZTE U960 SKYPE, on the same market, but at US $ 349.99 / piece:

CPU: Qualcomm Snapdrogan MSM8255 1GHz
RAM : 512 MB / ROM : 4GB
MAX support 32GB
126 x 68.5 x 11.9 mm
160 g
Dual Sim Dual Standby G+W G+G
SIM1 Suppprts GSM
SIM2 Supports WCDMA/GSM
WCDMA 900/2100Mhz
Dual Antennas
Back 5.0 mega pixel

what do you think?
thank you.
oalgvi17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #162 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post

If your are talking about service sms from the provider, we use handcent to receive the notify of message and the standard sms app for answer ...
I'm talking about those short codes (e.g. *100# , *133# , *144# etc.), which are used by some prepay providers to enable the user to buy credit, activate minutes, check their balance and so on, then the phone displays "Requesting", then the user gets a sms message with the relevant information.
Is this functionality only fully available on SIM 2, or, as The Solutor was saying, you can still perform them on SIM 1 , but "blindly", and with truncated or unreadable feedback messages from the provider?


4.
And another question, if the latest ROM from Catty is the best update so far, does one still need to order the phone rooted & unlocked, or can the rooting and unlocking be done after flashing Catty's ROM?
I'm planning to use it on Vodafone Romania and Orange Romania, and maybe later on a 3G only network called Digi Mobil. Do you think the Chinese phone lock can affect operation on such networks in Europe?
asc3asc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #163 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default DIGI ROMANIA ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post
I'm talking about those short codes (e.g. *100# , *133# , *144# etc.), which are used by some prepay providers to enable the user to buy credit, activate minutes, check their balance and so on, then the phone displays "Requesting", then the user gets a sms message with the relevant information.
Is this functionality only fully available on SIM 2, or, as The Solutor was saying, you can still perform them on SIM 1 , but "blindly", and with truncated or unreadable feedback messages from the provider?


4.
And another question, if the latest ROM from Catty is the best update so far, does one still need to order the phone rooted & unlocked, or can the rooting and unlocking be done after flashing Catty's ROM?
I'm planning to use it on Vodafone Romania and Orange Romania, and maybe later on a 3G only network called Digi Mobil. Do you think the Chinese phone lock can affect operation on such networks in Europe?

I and my 3 friends, use now in ROMANIA 4 chinesse AT&T HD7 (bought on last december from that site).
all of them are unloked for free use in all the gsm/umts network around the world.

in slot 1 use DIGI MOBILE UMTS 2100 MZh, and in slot 2 use ORANGE 2 G.
I have voice calls on both, 3G data on 1st sim and 2G data on 2nd sim. WIFI, GPS (both igo 8, copilot 8.0, copilot 9.0, navigon), rear camera OK.
the worst for me is THE STAND BY dual sim.

taking in account these, I'm not affraid ZTE U960 will work propelly in DIGI+ORANGE romania.

By the way: I rooted all of them. I wasn't so inspired to ask for root when bought, after that I bought from seller, by about 25 USD $, the root - unlock program.
oalgvi17 is offline  
Last edited by oalgvi17; April 15th, 2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: details
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #164 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

I'm not on PC at the moment, so forgive the short answer.

For GSM i mean the standard, not the generation. An hspa+ phone is still a gsm phone.

The matter is confusing because CDMA is both the standard and the radio protocol, but GSM is just the standard, that use F/TDMA, WCDMA, HSPA... depending on the generation.
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 15th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #165 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
I'm not on PC at the moment, so forgive the short answer.

For GSM i mean the standard, not the generation. An hspa+ phone is still a gsm phone.

The matter is confusing because CDMA is both the standard and the radio protocol, but GSM is just the standard, that use F/TDMA, WCDMA, HSPA... depending on the generation.

ok, that means ZTE U 960 work ok on gsm+gsm, and in UMTS+gsm, as my chinesse dual sim AT&T HD7 I use now.

when on your PC, please check and answer me the second question in the same post #166.
oalgvi17 is offline  
Last edited by oalgvi17; April 15th, 2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #166 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

dear oalgvi17, I asked you about the clone HD7 on private message, not on the forum, so please let's stay on-topic here

So, i would kindly ask catty62 or The Solutor to give us the best of their knowledge on the following issues :

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post

If your are talking about service sms from the provider, we use handcent to receive the notify of message and the standard sms app for answer ...
I'm talking about those short codes (e.g. *100# , *133# , *144# etc.), which are used by some prepay providers to enable the user to buy credit, activate minutes, check their balance and so on, then the phone displays "Requesting", then the user gets a sms message with the relevant information.
Is this functionality only fully available on SIM 2, or, as The Solutor was saying, you can still perform them on SIM 1 , but "blindly", and with truncated or unreadable feedback messages from the provider?


4.
And another question, if the latest ROM from Catty is the best update so far, does one still need to order the phone rooted & unlocked, or can the rooting and unlocking be done after flashing Catty's ROM?
I'm planning to use it on Vodafone Romania and Orange Romania, and maybe later on a 3G only network called Digi Mobil. Do you think the Chinese phone lock can affect operation on such networks in Europe?
asc3asc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #167 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalgvi17 View Post
ok, that means ZTE U 960 work ok on gsm+gsm, and in UMTS+gsm, as my chinesse dual sim AT&T HD7 I use now.
I had a HD9 which is almost the same phone, the only difference from the European user point of view is that the main SIM is SIM2 on the ZTE.

HD7 and HD9 have also a more sophisticated sim management, and while the HDx display is too bright in the dark, the ZTE one is not so bright in the direct sunlight.

Other than that it's another planet: way better sensitivity, way more powerful cpu/gpu, way more speedier USB transfer, android market fully working, glass touch panel and so on.
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 15th, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #168 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post
dear oalgvi17, I asked you about the clone HD7 on private message, not on the forum, so please let's stay on-topic here

So, i would kindly ask catty62 or The Solutor to give us the best of their knowledge on the following issues :



I'm talking about those short codes (e.g. *100# , *133# , *144# etc.), which are used by some prepay providers to enable the user to buy credit, activate minutes, check their balance and so on, then the phone displays "Requesting", then the user gets a sms message with the relevant information.
They aren't working on SIM1, to say better the request is ent, so a command is received by the network, but the reply isn't correctly interpreted by the phone.

So one can't check the credit with *123# (this is standard for wind italy and other providers), but any switching command is interpreted correctly (eg: i can switch from SIM master or Slave on the BIS service offered by vodafone italy, with the command *101*1#)

[QUOTE=asc3asc;4229614]

Quote:
4.
And another question, if the latest ROM from Catty is the best update so far, does one still need to order the phone rooted & unlocked, or can the rooting and unlocking be done after flashing Catty's ROM?
Root process is easy enough for people with a minimal skill about PCs and Android
Quote:
I'm planning to use it on Vodafone Romania and Orange Romania, and maybe later on a 3G only network called Digi Mobil. Do you think the Chinese phone lock can affect operation on such networks in Europe?
I don't think that the lock will affect users outside China mainland
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 15th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #169 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post

I don't think that the lock will affect users outside China mainland
Are you saying you bought the phone from Etotalk without the Unlocked and Rooted ( +US$3.99 ) option, then you flashed catty's ROM, rooted with Zerg rush or similar, and you haven't bothered about the SIM locks and it's working just fine? If so, can one buy it from TaoBao also?
asc3asc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #170 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

I bought my phone "used" here in Italy. The previous owner bought it unrooted (because a misunderstanding during the order). I rooted it myself, but i haven't taken any action about unlock.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #171 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
As discussed earlier I believe this is just a glitch on some diagnostic program.

I just installed the latest "android system info" that reports MSM8255.

On the other and the MSM76xx and MSM86xx are dual standard SOCs (GSM/CDMA), while the MSM72xx and MSM82xx are (GSM only).

So the 76xx are probably slightly more expensive than the 72xx counterparts, it's hard to believe ZTE used the dual standard version given the CDMA part is not needed on this phone.
Thank for the explanation; I installed the "android system info" too and it say: CPU
Hardware MSM7X30 ZTE U960
Range frequenza: 122,88-> 1024,0MHz


catty62 is offline  
Last edited by catty62; April 15th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #172 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
Thank for the explanation; I installed the "android system info" too and it say: CPU
Hardware MSM7X30 ZTE U960
Range frequenza: 122,88-> 1024,0MHz


Mmm...

Interesting this is what I got in the past


Now I see this:



I thought it was because the new kernel or because a newer version of android system info.

I still doubt they use two different SOCs, even if they are the same chip sold for different frequencies..
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 15th, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #173 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
Mmm...

Interesting this is what I got in the past


Now I see this:



I thought it was because the new kernel or because a newer version of android system info.

I still doubt they use two different SOCs, even if they are the same chip sold for different frequencies..
my spec of "android system info" is that in the pic:

I don't now if it's the last version...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shot_000002.jpg (60.9 KB, 191 views)
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #174 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Yes it's the same of mine.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #175 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Looks kike on malshenzu they got a working overclocable kernel.

U960 miui

now the problem is to get it
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 15th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #176 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
Looks kike on malshenzu they got a working overclocable kernel.

U960 miui

now the problem is to get it
will keep open the eyes...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #177 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi all

I just got my phone from Etotalk, and thought i wouldt provide the system version here:

Modelnumber: EtTalk.com U960 2B03 V1.5d
Basebandversion: U960V1.0.2B03T
Sim2 Baseband: U960V1.0.2B03W
Kernelsystem
2.6.35.7-perf+
Versionnumber: EtoTalk.Com U960 2B03 V1.5d

I bought the phone without any additional programs, but it still cam installed with all the software you couldt select on their page.

As a new user i wouldt like to know if running the titanium backup program is enough to backup all systemfile so i can make a full recovery if i try catty62's version ?
Or if there is any more i need to do before doing that.

I hope i can get rid of a few annoying things by updating, for once the Location of number Query app is of no use since its trying to lookup numbers on a chineese page.
Also i wouldt like to get rid of the chineese search engiens that are included in the browser.

Thanks for the help girls and guys.

Ps. Android system info shows the same as catty62's screenshot.

Regards
Domin6
Domin6 is offline  
Last edited by Domin6; April 16th, 2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: added system info
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #178 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 131
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domin6 View Post
As a new user i wouldt like to know if running the titanium backup program is enough to backup all systemfile so i can make a full recovery if i try catty62's version ?
Or if there is any more i need to do before doing that.
Titanium Backup is for backup of apps, settings and user data. Before you flash a new ROM it is a good idea to backup all data and apps up using TB, but also backup the entire system. To do this you need to backup from recovery.

Reboot in recovery, and select -> Backup & Restore -> Backup. You need a SD card in the phone with appx. 500 - 800 MB free space.

I always make a full backup in both TB and from recovery before flashing a new ROM
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EmilF For This Useful Post:
Domin6 (April 16th, 2012)
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #179 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks i got the backup running, and succesfully enterede recovery mode by holding power and volume up untill recovery mode was enterede.

Tomorrow i will probably try to get the new build on it ;-)
Domin6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #180 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 131
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
Looks kike on malshenzu they got a working overclocable kernel.

U960 miui

now the problem is to get it
Also found this overclocked rom in the forum: U960 ROM-U׸Ƶ+ƵͨROM-MALֻ̳

Can't download as you need a chinese kayboard for validation when creating account a dl.dbank.com :-(

Edit: Got a user, downloading :-)
EmilF is offline  
Last edited by EmilF; April 17th, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #181 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): zte-t-u960 world's best dual sim mobile but now i think qmobile A10 better than u960 http://qmobile.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalgvi17 View Post
ZTE U 960 or ZTE U 960 SKYPE?

I've found 2 different prices:
ZTE U960 at US $182.85
and
ZTE U960 Skype at US $ 349.99

have you found any difference, please?
I remind you that I need that DUAL SIM ACTIVE only.

on the other hand, can you write 2, or 3 links where to order at the best price this phone?

thank you.
i bought zte u960 1850 yuan .but all applications was locked.with the help of catty62 i unlocked the mobile.
hellomnp is offline  
Last edited by hellomnp; April 18th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #182 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default KERNEL 1.4GHz ...

I tryied a new kernel with the cpu speed increased to 1.4GHz ...
This is the result of quandrant of this morning .
shot_000003.jpg

as always, is provided WITHOUT WARRANTY and install at your own RISK ...
This is the link of the update

PS: remain unchanged all the previous changes (ram, init.d etc..) Because only the kernel has changed, the ramdisk leaving the previous version ...

Thanks to The Solutor and EmilF for reporting on the work on progress for overclocking ...
and to Topogigi for the moral and material support ...
catty62 is offline  
Last edited by catty62; April 17th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catty62 For This Useful Post:
Domin6 (April 18th, 2012)
Old April 17th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #183 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Thanks to Catty62 and Tpopogigi for their efforts.

This is what I get. (the phone is still rocksolid)

The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 17th, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #184 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomnp View Post
i bought zte u960 185$.but all applications was locked.with the help of catty62 i unlocked the mobile.
please let us how much was the shipping to your country from that seller, and how long did it take to arrive?

can you elaborate on the issue of locking a bit - are you saying that all system applications were unusable, inaccessible, or only the custom applications?

and on one more thing: do the bugs reported on this thread still exist with the current stock ROM (like only number shown instead of name when receiving SMS from known contact, phone freezing from time to time, etc.?)
asc3asc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #185 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): zte-t-u960 world's best dual sim mobile but now i think qmobile A10 better than u960 http://qmobile.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post
please let us how much was the shipping to your country from that seller, and how long did it take to arrive?

can you elaborate on the issue of locking a bit - are you saying that all system applications were unusable, inaccessible, or only the custom applications?

and on one more thing: do the bugs reported on this thread still exist with the current stock ROM (like only number shown instead of name when receiving SMS from known contact, phone freezing from time to time, etc.?)
i think u buy u960 from ZTE U960 Skype Video Call Multi-Language Android Dual SIM Full Active (DSFA) [2796] - US$339.00 - Smartphone Professional - EtoTalk
hellomnp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #186 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): Fujitsu Loox F-07C, ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to auktionadm Send a message via Skype™ to auktionadm
Default

What CPU is displayed in the Android System Info of your 185$ ZTE U960? MSM8255 or MSM7X30 and which kernel have you installed?
auktionadm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #187 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auktionadm View Post
What CPU is displayed in the Android System Info of your 185$ ZTE U960?

As assumed before It depends on the kernel installed, my U960 with the 1.4 GHz kernel installed is showing 7x30 again.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #188 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello, i am satisfied with this phone(thanks solutor and catty for help) and a friend of mine wants to buy it also.
Is it possible for him to root and unlock this phone by himself - what tools does he need to unlock and root this phone?
Is it possible to install the catty Rom on a non rooted and unlocked phone?
If yes, is it afterwards unlocked and rooted?
In a few days i think i will try the catty Rom also - thanks for your work.
Does anyone know a relaese date of ICS for the ZTE U960?
zte user is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #189 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): zte-t-u960 world's best dual sim mobile but now i think qmobile A10 better than u960 http://qmobile.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default 1850 yuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by auktionadm View Post
What CPU is displayed in the Android System Info of your 185$ ZTE U960? MSM8255 or MSM7X30 and which kernel have you installed?
sorry my mistake i bought 1850 yuan not 185$
hellomnp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:45 AM   #190 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
I tryied a new kernel with the cpu speed increased to 1.4GHz ...
This is the result of quandrant of this morning .
Attachment 30745

as always, is provided WITHOUT WARRANTY and install at your own RISK ...
This is the link of the update

PS: remain unchanged all the previous changes (ram, init.d etc..) Because only the kernel has changed, the ramdisk leaving the previous version ...

Thanks to The Solutor and EmilF for reporting on the work on progress for overclocking ...
and to Topogigi for the moral and material support ...
Will i be able to go straight from EtoTalk rom and to this one or is it required to use your previous version before updating to this.
Sorry for the noob questions but this is my first android phone
Domin6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #191 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte user View Post
Hello, i am satisfied with this phone(thanks solutor and catty for help) and a friend of mine wants to buy it also.
Is it possible for him to root and unlock this phone by himself - what tools does he need to unlock and root this phone?
yes it's possible do anything by yourself with a little cution...
You can find all tools on this forum ... (if you don't found it you can ask but the search if the first way of course ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte user View Post
Is it possible to install the catty Rom on a non rooted and unlocked phone?
If yes, is it afterwards unlocked and rooted?
yes is possible but must install a mod recovery and yes it become rooted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte user View Post
In a few days i think i will try the catty Rom also -
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte user View Post
thanks for your work.
Don't forget to use the thank button to who helped you ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte user View Post
Does anyone know a relaese date of ICS for the ZTE U960?
No I doesn't know ... but I think it's hard ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catty62 For This Useful Post:
zte user (April 18th, 2012)
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #192 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domin6 View Post
Will i be able to go straight from EtoTalk rom and to this one or is it required to use your previous version before updating to this. Sorry for the noob questions but this is my first android phone
sorry, for previous answer ... I havn't test it on Etotalk rom ... I have test on my rom 1.5.1 version ...
if you have a mod recovery do a backup of your rom and then a data/app backup with titanium before trying ...
catty62 is offline  
Last edited by catty62; April 18th, 2012 at 04:10 AM. Reason: error misunderstanding post
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #193 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
sorry, for previous answer ... I havn't test it on Etotalk rom ... I have test on my rom 1.5.1 version ...
if you have a mod recovery do a backup of your rom and then a data/app backup with titanium before trying ...
But i will be able to flash you mod straight from EtoTalk version right, the phone is rooted and i got access to the recovery menu on boot.
I just want to know if i need to flash first your version from post #149
ZTE U960 ROM Discussion

Or if i can just choose the latest version without doing the previous one first.
Domin6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #194 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ahh wait i think i got it now, one is a ROM and the other is just an overclocked kernel right ?
So i will need both or just the first ;-)
Domin6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:53 AM   #195 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitricjs View Post
hi, need help
My phone shows 'G' when accessing the internet, how do I enable to 'H'?
which of the two slots?
SLOT1 is only working in GSM ...
SLOT2 is working in WCDMA ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #196 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Allright i succesfully installed Catty's mod and kernel upgrade, so fare it looks good, however i got one question, before i was able to select Danish as language, that is no longer availabel is that becouse it was a special etotalk hack ?
Domin6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #197 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hmm i now get an Error "software" could not be downloaded due to an error (492) not matter what i try to download from market.

I flashed the Catty wipe first, and then the kernel update after that hope thats the right way to do it.

Anyone that knows whats up with market ?
Domin6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #198 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

This happened to me too, the market started to work again after a while.

Btw I guess that, coming from a wipe and having the market not working, your phone should be practically virgin.

So wiping the phone from the privacy menu and starting over could be quicker/easier than cleaning the market related dbs.
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; April 18th, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Solutor For This Useful Post:
Domin6 (April 18th, 2012)
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #199 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
This happened to me too, the market started to work again after a while.

Btw I guess that, coming from a wipe and having the market not working, your phone should be practically virgin.

So wiping the phone from the privacy menu and starting over would be quicker easier than cleaning the market related dbs.
Before deleting all the data he can also try to delete the data of google play store from the application manager ... If not work, delete all data from privacy menu ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #200 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domin6 View Post
Allright i succesfully installed Catty's mod and kernel upgrade, so fare it looks good, however i got one question, before i was able to select Danish as language, that is no longer availabel is that becouse it was a special etotalk hack ?
I had verify it now: if I'm on right you have had installed before a rom from etotalk version 1.4 ... in fact in the v1.4 there is more translation than in the newer roms ... I'll see how to fix it ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catty62 For This Useful Post:
Domin6 (April 18th, 2012)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE U960 > U960 - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.