Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > ZTE U960 > U960 - All Things Root

Like Tree48Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #251 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Could someone answer me on this question - how to update firmware of radio modem in ZTE U960?

Advertisements
Muero is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #252 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterfips View Post
Hallo catty,
I can flash 1.5.0 BUT NOT 1.5.1 Rom
First i flash 1.5.0 --that is ok
After i will flash 1.5.1-BUT I CAN NOT FLASH this rom after 1.5.0
So i can not flash the new Kernel.
I dont now what i must do.
I think is better when i wait of ics 4.0
Thank you
You don't have to flash all entire rom 1.5.1 but only the update that you can find here. (with this update you have 379Mb of ram and the overclock to 1.4Ghz)
If you can try it you can see if it's working ...
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catty62 For This Useful Post:
hmvs (May 8th, 2012)
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #253 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): Fujitsu Loox F-07C, ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to auktionadm Send a message via Skype™ to auktionadm
Default

Does the ZTE U960 have Bluetooth 4.0 and how long does the Bluetooth stand by with CATTY 1.5.1 ROM?
auktionadm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #254 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
why you can't ? Do you mean that the installation of the new kernel is refused or what ?
Yes, i can not flash the kernel!!!

Only i can flash catty 1.5.0

Not 1.5.1 and not the kernel

First i flash 1.5.0 after flash i reboot the phone then i go into recovery.and then, when i will flash 1.5.1 it is not going.

I dont no why is not going
scooterfips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #255 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 26
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 45
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Hi, i have flashed Catty's ROM 1.5.1 (with wipe), all is ok.
I flashed it with hope to fix problems with freezes on connecting to wi-fi...
I had Etotalk rom 1.5c, and 1.5e, they all have freezes, when i connecting to wi-fi, but not often, maybe one or two times per day, sometimes even rarely...
And problems occurs on different wi-fi spots.
Anyone have such problem or suggestions?
hmvs is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #256 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterfips View Post
Yes, i can not flash the kernel!!!

Only i can flash catty 1.5.0

Not 1.5.1 and not the kernel

First i flash 1.5.0 after flash i reboot the phone then i go into recovery.and then, when i will flash 1.5.1 it is not going.

I dont no why is not going
with the 1.5.0 installed have you tryied the update that you can find here?
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #257 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmvs View Post
Hi, i have flashed Catty's ROM 1.5.1 (with wipe), all is ok.
I flashed it with hope to fix problems with freezes on connecting to wi-fi...
I had Etotalk rom 1.5c, and 1.5e, they all have freezes, when i connecting to wi-fi, but not often, maybe one or two times per day, sometimes even rarely...
And problems occurs on different wi-fi spots.
Anyone have such problem or suggestions?
the problem seems to be the launcher. in the etotalk rom it is the adw ex launcher... which i also installed with cattys rom... since 2 days i am running the golauncher which seems more stable so far...
zteu960 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zteu960 For This Useful Post:
hmvs (May 8th, 2012)
Old April 29th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #258 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): ZTE u960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi All,
I have two quick questions to see if an issue i'm having with an app being incompatible with my phone is rom related. The below message is a reply i got from google play support team.

Quote:
Whenever a device manufacturer releases a new update of the Android OS, it
must be submitted to Google for approval. Until the update is approved,
devices that receive the new update are unable to access copy-protected
apps.

According to our records, the version of the Android OS that is installed
on your device has not been approved. For more information, I recommend
contacting your device manufacturer or your carrier directly.


1. Is this an issue due to the current ROM I'm running or is this an issue I need to contact ZTE about?

2. Is there anyway of getting around this issue?
howdoyouknow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #259 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoyouknow View Post
Hi All,
I have two quick questions to see if an issue i'm having with an app being incompatible with my phone is rom related.
What about telling US the name of the app ?
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #260 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmvs View Post
Hi, i have flashed Catty's ROM 1.5.1 (with wipe), all is ok.
I flashed it with hope to fix problems with freezes on connecting to wi-fi...
I had Etotalk rom 1.5c, and 1.5e, they all have freezes, when i connecting to wi-fi, but not often, maybe one or two times per day, sometimes even rarely...
And problems occurs on different wi-fi spots.
Anyone have such problem or suggestions?
Frankly I never had a WIFI related problem even with the oldest ROM (B08) that was preinstalled on my phone.

I had just some random freezes, that are comppletely vanished with the latest Catty's ROM (with owr w/o the OC kernel installed.

So I can't help a lot here.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Solutor For This Useful Post:
hmvs (May 8th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #261 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): ZTE u960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I emailed google support again today and asked...

"Is this an issue with the actual phone or is it to do with the software
on the phone?
I am using the software that came with my phone from my supplier but it may be a custom rom as the phone is rooted.
Could this this software be the issue?"

Their reply..

"I understand that this issue might be
frustrating. I will work to resolve this issue. Please be aware that
unauthorized operating systems (custom ROMs) may have limited
functionality due to the compatibility of the device. For best results, I
recommend using the authorized Android operating system provided by your
manufacturer that can be obtained from their website or your carrier.

Have a great day, and if I can assist you further, please let me know."


My reading of the above reply is Hmmmm maybe it is but who knows.

The app in question is the "ulster bank ireland" online banking app
howdoyouknow is offline  
Last edited by howdoyouknow; April 29th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #262 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoyouknow View Post
I emailed google support again today and asked...

"Is this an issue with the actual phone or is it to do with the software
on the phone?
I am using the software that came with my phone from my supplier but it may be a custom rom as the phone is rooted.
Could this this software be the issue?"

Their reply..

"I understand that this issue might be
frustrating. I will work to resolve this issue. Please be aware that
unauthorized operating systems (custom ROMs) may have limited
functionality due to the compatibility of the device. For best results, I
recommend using the authorized Android operating system provided by your
manufacturer that can be obtained from their website or your carrier.

Have a great day, and if I can assist you further, please let me know."


My reading of the above reply is Hmmmm maybe it is but who knows.

The app in question is the "ulster bank ireland" online banking app
Surely any device that comes w/o the google apps preinstalled is not "approved" by google.

The open source part is free to use for everyone.


Now is possible that a bank, for security reasons will grant the access only to a their own database of phones to avoid security concerns. It's perfectly understandable.

BTW the devices are usually recognized by what's is written on the build prop file, you can try to experiment with it using the descrtiption and the signature taken from a well known phone, (say the desire HD that is based on the same cpu)

It's also possible that the mentioned app is checking for the presence of su and/or superuser.apk to understand if the phone is rooted
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:04 AM   #263 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am sorry this question is a bit out of tpic, but I would like to know where have you bought a case that suits this mobile, or a similar mobile case that suits it.

Thanks a lot, I am a very happy u960 user from Spain (vodafone)
jpeich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:08 AM   #264 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Wholesale u960- China Wholesale u960 Electronics from China

I got the nillkin, perfect. and cheap (after the registration wait for the welcome mail for a discount code)

Edit: Just noticed they have also a new andida battery, that brand seem well known from the Galaxy S2 owners
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; May 1st, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Solutor For This Useful Post:
EmilF (May 3rd, 2012)
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM   #265 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): Fujitsu Loox F-07C, ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to auktionadm Send a message via Skype™ to auktionadm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
How do you order a black one of Nillkin Ultra Slim Hard Shield Faceplate for ZTE U960 (I can only choose red colour)? And do you have to pay taxes? Sorry for OT.
auktionadm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:03 PM   #266 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auktionadm View Post
How do you order a black one of Nillkin Ultra Slim Hard Shield Faceplate for ZTE U960 (I can only choose red colour)?.
On obostore the nillkin cover is available only in red (brownish red), the black and brown ones are available on etotalk.

Quote:
And do you have to pay taxes?
At least in Italy, no import fees are due for items (meant for personal use) below the 40 value.

Btw tiny packages shipped in letter like envelopes (usually) aren't checked at all.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:27 PM   #267 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Dear The Solutor and Catty62

Some time ago I post the question about the problems with device and ROMat Malshenzu .
Pls help to keep that post active and under attention of Malshenzu and Zte developers.
It is the shortest way for getting answers and solutions to our problems

thank you
Am2am is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:36 PM   #268 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): ZTE u960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks solutor for your replies so far ive found out from another forum that the build prop change doesnt work for the u960. Ive contacted etotalk to see if they can advise any solutions. I think that it is possibly rom related though as when i updated to one of etotalks newer roms from the original one that came on my phone i lost compatability with the vodafone app which i could previously use.
howdoyouknow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:29 AM   #269 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
nothingman76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 97
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domin6 View Post
Thanks i will test this over the next few days, loud volume on headset is a must for me as i work in a loud enviroment from time to time, and the headset volume on the ZTE is really low compared to when i use the same headset with the old phone.
Did you managed to increase the volume by using the app suggested by The Solutor ? I've tried but the volume does not increase...

--
Nothingman
nothingman76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:26 AM   #270 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
with the 1.5.0 installed have you tryied the update that you can find here?
Hi,

I am new to the forum and just received my ZTE U960. In reality, I have exactly the same problem but I can describe better what happens.

I downloaded your catty 1.5.1 wipe and nowipe ROMs. From my received and working phone, I rebooted to recovery and installed the zip from sdcard. So far so good, installation completed, so rebooted. However, when the phone reboots and should display the starting splash screen, you get a very weird "white" screen and phone is frozen. In reality, it's not a white screen but a scrambled image of pixels of different colors. For those older to remember, it's like setting up a MS DOS game with an S3 video card instead of a voodoo one. Looks like a video hardware problem.

So rebooted to recovery and installed The Solutor ROM on post #6: installation completed and phone can boot (no more white screen). Tested again with your catty 1.5.0 ROM: again, installation completed and phone working. So looks like related to 1.5.1. The main difference I see is the baseband version: most people on this thread have V1.0.2B03 but I have V1.0.1B13

Not sure this is related. I need to update the baseband but need an XP computer for that.

Thanks to Catty and The Solutor for their precious help on this thread.
ablogik is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:57 AM   #271 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablogik View Post
Hi,

I am new to the forum and just received my ZTE U960. In reality, I have exactly the same problem but I can describe better what happens.

I downloaded your catty 1.5.1 wipe and nowipe ROMs. From my received and working phone, I rebooted to recovery and installed the zip from sdcard. So far so good, installation completed, so rebooted. However, when the phone reboots and should display the starting splash screen, you get a very weird "white" screen and phone is frozen. In reality, it's not a white screen but a scrambled image of pixels of different colors. For those older to remember, it's like setting up a MS DOS game with an S3 video card instead of a voodoo one. Looks like a video hardware problem.

So rebooted to recovery and installed The Solutor ROM on post #6: installation completed and phone can boot (no more white screen). Tested again with your catty 1.5.0 ROM: again, installation completed and phone working. So looks like related to 1.5.1. The main difference I see is the baseband version: most people on this thread have V1.0.2B03 but I have V1.0.1B13

Not sure this is related. I need to update the baseband but need an XP computer for that.

Thanks to Catty and The Solutor for their precious help on this thread.
thanks for your appreciation...
yes the baseband that I have installed is V1.0.2B03 ... I don't know if it is related, too.
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM   #272 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablogik View Post
Hi,

I am new to the forum and just received my ZTE U960. In reality, I have exactly the same problem but I can describe better what happens.

I downloaded your catty 1.5.1 wipe and nowipe ROMs. From my received and working phone, I rebooted to recovery and installed the zip from sdcard. So far so good, installation completed, so rebooted. However, when the phone reboots and should display the starting splash screen, you get a very weird "white" screen and phone is frozen. In reality, it's not a white screen but a scrambled image of pixels of different colors. For those older to remember, it's like setting up a MS DOS game with an S3 video card instead of a voodoo one. Looks like a video hardware problem.

So rebooted to recovery and installed The Solutor ROM on post #6: installation completed and phone can boot (no more white screen). Tested again with your catty 1.5.0 ROM: again, installation completed and phone working. So looks like related to 1.5.1. The main difference I see is the baseband version: most people on this thread have V1.0.2B03 but I have V1.0.1B13

Not sure this is related. I need to update the baseband but need an XP computer for that.

Thanks to Catty and The Solutor for their precious help on this thread.
Hallo,
this is my Problem,too. (After flashing i see the same picture)
I have the same Problem with flashing catty-rom 1.5.1.
Only I can flash catty-rom 1.5.0
Not 1.5.1 and
Not a new Kernel
My Baseband is U960V1.0.2B03T
SIM2 baseband version is U960V1.0.2B03W
Kernel-Version 2.6.35.7-perf+

--ablogik can you flash catty-rom 1.5.1?
Or only 1.5.0?
scooterfips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM   #273 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterfips View Post
Hallo,
this is my Problem,too. (After flashing i see the same picture)
I have the same Problem with flashing catty-rom 1.5.1.
Only I can flash catty-rom 1.5.0
Not 1.5.1 and
Not a new Kernel
My Baseband is U960V1.0.2B03T
SIM2 baseband version is U960V1.0.2B03W
Kernel-Version 2.6.35.7-perf+

--ablogik can you flash catty-rom 1.5.1?
Or only 1.5.0?
can you try to install this kernel update and tell if it is working?
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM   #274 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablogik View Post
Hi,

I am new to the forum and just received my ZTE U960. In reality, I have exactly the same problem but I can describe better what happens.

I downloaded your catty 1.5.1 wipe and nowipe ROMs. From my received and working phone, I rebooted to recovery and installed the zip from sdcard. So far so good, installation completed, so rebooted. However, when the phone reboots and should display the starting splash screen, you get a very weird "white" screen and phone is frozen. In reality, it's not a white screen but a scrambled image of pixels of different colors. For those older to remember, it's like setting up a MS DOS game with an S3 video card instead of a voodoo one. Looks like a video hardware problem.

So rebooted to recovery and installed The Solutor ROM on post #6: installation completed and phone can boot (no more white screen). Tested again with your catty 1.5.0 ROM: again, installation completed and phone working. So looks like related to 1.5.1. The main difference I see is the baseband version: most people on this thread have V1.0.2B03 but I have V1.0.1B13

Not sure this is related. I need to update the baseband but need an XP computer for that.

Thanks to Catty and The Solutor for their precious help on this thread.
can you try to install this kernel update and tell if it is working?
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #275 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
can you try to install this kernel update and tell if it is working?
Installing update... ZTE U960 Kernel 379Mb ram-overclock-init.d

rebooted and.... "white noise" screen

Need to re-install 1.5.0 and restore all...

What looks weird is that the phone seems active and NOT frozen with the "white noise" screen. Altough adb can't see the device.
ablogik is offline  
Last edited by ablogik; May 3rd, 2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Missing info
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM   #276 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablogik View Post
Installing update... ZTE U960 Kernel 379Mb ram-overclock-init.d

rebooted and.... "white noise" screen

Need to re-install 1.5.0 and restore all...

What looks weird is that the phone seems active and NOT frozen with the "white noise" screen. Altough adb can't see the device.
befor flash the 1.5.0 try to wipe cache and dalvik and try to reboot ...
I'm sorry that ou have this problem ... :-(
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catty62 For This Useful Post:
ablogik (May 3rd, 2012)
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:16 AM   #277 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablogik View Post
Need to re-install 1.5.0 and restore all...
No need to reflash the whole rom, you can extract the working kernel (boot.img) from the working rom, and replace it on the kernel package you just flashed.

Don't unpack and recompress the zip, just open the zip with 7zip (or similar program) and drag the working boot.img on the same folder where the not working one is present, replacing it.

given the problem seem kernel related newer kernel you can try flash Catty's rom with the older kernel (replacing it in the same way), this is not a proper solution, but at least you should end with all the userland updated.

In the mean time we should try to understand what's changed on the unflashable phones.
The Solutor is offline  
Last edited by The Solutor; May 3rd, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Solutor For This Useful Post:
ablogik (May 3rd, 2012)
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:19 AM   #278 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
befor flash the 1.5.0 try to wipe cache and dalvik and try to reboot ...
I'm sorry that ou have this problem ... :-(
Not better, still the same... and no need to say sorry, this things happen
ablogik is offline  
Last edited by ablogik; May 3rd, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM   #279 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
No need to reflash the whole rom, you can extract the working kernel (boot.img) from the working rom, and replace it on the kernel package you just flashed.

Don't unpack and recompress the zip, just open the zip wit 7zip (or similar program) and drag the working boot.img on the same folder where the not working one is present, replacing it.

given the problem seem kernel related newer kernel you can try flash Catty's rom with the older kernel (replacing it in the same way), this is not a proper solution, but at least you should end with all the userland updated.

In the mean time we should try to understand what's changed on the unflashable phones.
Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. I think we need to get the whole specs/info of a working flashed U960 and compare with mine to see the difference. I need also to update the baseband but need some time to mount a Win XP (on another hdd).

Added: looks like this does not work. Using 7zip, I can easily copy the boot.img from the working archive to the 1.5.1 archive, but when I try to install the new zip (7zip did not try to recompress), I get "Can't open /sdcard/ZTE....zip" (bad). Or did I make it wrong? So I'll go back to 1.5.0 for now and try to check why I can't flash 1.5.1. There must be some hardware/driver difference but what...? In the meantime, installing a brand new XP to update the baseband...
ablogik is offline  
Last edited by ablogik; May 3rd, 2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:02 PM   #280 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 131
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablogik View Post
when I try to install the new zip (7zip did not try to recompress), I get "Can't open /sdcard/ZTE....zip" (bad)
This error may be due to one of the apk files in the zip file is detected as virus by antivirus software on your PC. Try to see if you can unzip the file with windows extractor (not 7-zip or other). Simply right click and choose "Extract here ...". I know that Kaspersky and Bitdefender recognize the virus and destroy the file ...

Try to disable antivirus and download again. Transfer the file to your phone before you turn the antivirus back on. You can also download directly to your phone.

I have had the above antivirus problem with multiple ROM images to my U960, where an SMS apk was indicated as viruses.
EmilF is offline  
Last edited by EmilF; May 3rd, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:12 PM   #281 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 131
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
Edit: Just noticed they have also a new andida battery, that brand seem well known from the Galaxy S2 owners
Just ordered the 1700 mAh battery... :-)
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:13 PM   #282 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilF View Post
This error may be due to one of the apk files in the zip file is detected as virus by antivirus software on your PC. Try to see if you can unzip the file with windows extractor (not 7-zip or other). Simply right click and choose "Extract here ...". I know that Kaspersky and Bitdefender recognize the virus and destroy the file ...

Try to disable antivirus and download again. Transfer the file to your phone before you turn the antivirus back on. You can also download directly to your phone.

I have had the above antivirus problem with multiple ROM images to my U960, where an SMS apk was indicated as viruses.
Scanned 873 files (McAfee Enterprise): no virus found. Looks like it's something else.
ablogik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM   #283 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
can you try to install this kernel update and tell if it is working?
No, i can not flash the new kernel.
scooterfips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:38 PM   #284 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 131
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablogik View Post
Scanned 873 files (McAfee Enterprise): no virus found. Looks like it's something else.
Well the error you are getting means one of two things:
  • The file/folder structure in the zip is not correct. E.g. when you open the zip you should see folders data, META-INF and system directly.
  • that the .zip file is coruptet, e.g. because of a bad DL, antivirus etc.

In either chase the update process stops before the actual flash process starts. You wont be able to use that .zip on any phone...
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #285 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

EmilF: I have retried it, and this time, it worked. I don't know why it didn't work the first time. I was able to unzip on both the PC and the phone. I did it again with 7zip, and this time I have updated the phone.

Catty/The Solutor: now I have:
1- Used Catty 1.5.1 wipe image
2- Replaced the boot.img from 1.5.1 by the one in 1.5.0. Not sure what I lose from 1.5.1 with the 1.5.0 boot.img.

So far so good. Win XP computer almost ready for baseband update. I'll try to get an exact info list of the ZTE U960 I have which cannot be flashed with the original 1.5.1.
ablogik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #286 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablogik View Post
EmilF: I have retried it, and this time, it worked. I don't know why it didn't work the first time. I was able to unzip on both the PC and the phone. I did it again with 7zip, and this time I have updated the phone.

Catty/The Solutor: now I have:
1- Used Catty 1.5.1 wipe image
2- Replaced the boot.img from 1.5.1 by the one in 1.5.0. Not sure what I lose from 1.5.1 with the 1.5.0 boot.img.
Surely you will loose the init.d support at bootime,

this is not a biggie, you can use script manager to launch the init.d scripts you may need.

You will lose also any other improvement introduced in that kernel, I'm not sure if Catty's ROM never freezes because the kernel, because the userland or because both. I've never tried personally the combination of kernel and userland yuo have in your phone, now.

So that part is something you have to discover yourself.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #287 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default anyone bought a ZTE U960 from Fastcardtech.com?

there is this ZTE U960 from Fastcardtech.com which they claim ships with Android 4.0.4

I asked them: "can you ship it with Android 2.3.5 instead of 4.X.X ?"
Their reply: "This is only has facotry original Rom we can not exchanged for you"

Now does anyone have experience with their particular ROM? Is it smooth, stable, or does it have any issues?
If not, do you think we could install Catty's 1.5.1 ROM on devices that they sell?
asc3asc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #288 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi all,

For some reason, I don't get voicemail notification on both SIMs.

Sim 1 - Orange UK
Sim 2 - Three UK

Any Ideas? Cheers
Blackpac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #289 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpac View Post
Hi all,

For some reason, I don't get voicemail notification on both SIMs.

Sim 1 - Orange UK
Sim 2 - Three UK

Any Ideas? Cheers

Likely the same reason because the SMS w/o a caller number are ignored.

Try to install handcent sms.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #290 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
Likely the same reason because the SMS w/o a caller number are ignored.

Try to install handcent sms.

I thought you said Catty's ROM fixes that with no need for handcent sms? Please confirm
asc3asc is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #291 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post
I thought you said Catty's ROM fixes that with no need for handcent sms? Please confirm
I never said that, sorry.
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #292 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
I never said that, sorry.
Do you think the Android 4.0.4 ROM from Fastcardtech.com
fixes that ?

Anyone have experience with Ice Cream Sandwich for the ZTE U960?
asc3asc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #293 (permalink)
lli
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
 
Device(s): HTC Desire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post
Do you think the Android 4.0.4 ROM from Fastcardtech.com
fixes that ?

Anyone have experience with Ice Cream Sandwich for the ZTE U960?
This one has been asked and sort of answered. Don't put too much trust in the 4.0 version by fastcardtech, so you won't be disappointed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lli View Post
Fastcardtech claims to sell it with Android 4.0 on it. (299 USD).
Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilF View Post
99,9999999999999% it is fake - the probably just changed the version number so that it shows 4.0.3...
lli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #294 (permalink)
Member
 
The Solutor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 324
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post

Anyone have experience with Ice Cream Sandwich for the ZTE U960?
No, and frankly I don't want it
The Solutor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #295 (permalink)
lli
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
 
Device(s): HTC Desire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If it were really written for oe adjusted to the U960, I might be interested (but first have to buy the phone!).

It is repoted that ICS speeds up the phone.
lli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #296 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 131
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lli View Post
It is repoted that ICS speeds up the phone.
Could you please inform us of your sources, that states that someone have ICE running on a U960?
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #297 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 131
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc3asc View Post
Do you think the Android 4.0.4 ROM from Fastcardtech.com
fixes that ?

Anyone have experience with Ice Cream Sandwich for the ZTE U960?
Well fastcardtech is (in my experience) not a seller you can trust... Anyway, they have now changed the specs on the page to Android 2.3... (looks like they have copy-pasted from etotalk )

I haven't seen any 4.0 ROM's for the U960, not even early alpha... I do not believe that it is out there.

The official ROM is stille 2.3 according to the official ZTE site (here)
EmilF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #298 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
Ok.

"My" B13 rom is uploaded.

Download U960-B13-TS-v0.1.7z (part1)

Download U960-B13-TS-v0.1.7z (part2)

use 7zip or winrar to unpack it

It's password protected

The PW is

zte_u960

It has just the root and the market preinstalled.

I added the SE style launcher (you can use it optionally)

The standard locale is set to IT and the timezone is set to central Europe (just set your preference during the initial wizard, if you are living in a different nation/timezone)

The Chinese apps should be all removed, and the cracked SW is removed too (sorry )

In the 7z file is also present the recovery and the updated baseband (you can update it, but is not mandatory, nor suggested to newbies).

I added the nexus one animation, and replaced the absurd Chinese ringtones with something more standard and more international (Please check your ringtones/alert settings after the initial configuration).

Keep in mind that installing that ROM will wipe your phone, so backup your data and preferences with titanium backup before updating.

Keep also in mind that I don't have the time (and the will) to support that ROM, consider it a one time gift, but I don't want to be the unoffical ZTE support.

Thanks.
Hi Solutor,
please can you tell me how i can install this file. (U960 B13 Part 1 and 2)
What i must do, step by step. Because is not a zip file how 1.5.0
After unpack with 7zip, i see many fils, but i dont now what i must do with this fils.
Thank you for your help.
scooterfips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #299 (permalink)
Member
 
catty62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): ZTE U960
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 84 Times in 35 Posts
Default

In the The Solutor's 7z file you find a folder ROM and inside there is the UPDATE-U960_B13-TS.zip file that can be flashed via recovery.
catty62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:56 AM   #300 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty62 View Post
In the The Solutor's 7z file you find a folder ROM and inside there is the UPDATE-U960_B13-TS.zip file that can be flashed via recovery.

Only flash the update-zip? Or more?
Can i after flashed the update-zip. Your rom (catty 1.5.1 ) flashen?


--so, I have flashed with U960-B13-TS-v0.1.7z
Only this zip file. Or I must more installed?
But after them i cannot flash with catty-rom 1.5.1 and new Kernel.

What must I do, that I have catty-rom 1.5.1 and a new Kernel???
Have every body a zip-file was going? So how 1.5.0 from catty
scooterfips is offline  
Last edited by scooterfips; May 5th, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > ZTE U960 > U960 - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.