Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > Velocity

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 7th, 2010, 01:54 AM   #101 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 965
 
Device(s): LG Ally (Retired), HTC Inspire 4g (Current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 244 Times in 190 Posts
kissarmy10001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegadragoonx0 View Post
Hey Trident, my market is acting up now, downloads initiate but then fail and will not allow me to download anything at all from the market, including updated apps. Any ideas as to why?
Did you flash the baseband?

Advertisements
__________________
Visit the LG Ally IRC Channel!
LG Ally IRC Channel
dots is offline  
sponsored links
Old October 7th, 2010, 02:21 AM   #102 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 3 (Liberty v2.0) LG Ally (Velocity 1.2) retired
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes I did
omegadragoonx0 is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 02:23 AM   #103 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 965
 
Device(s): LG Ally (Retired), HTC Inspire 4g (Current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 244 Times in 190 Posts
kissarmy10001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegadragoonx0 View Post
Yes I did
After flashing the baseband you have to reboot into recovery and wipe cache. Then your market should work.
dots is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to dots For This Useful Post:
omegadragoonx0 (October 7th, 2010)
Old October 7th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #104 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 3 (Liberty v2.0) LG Ally (Velocity 1.2) retired
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

That did the trick, thanks so much
omegadragoonx0 is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #105 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

First-time poster but have been lurking a while. Had been using and loving 0.2 for about a week then updated to 0.3. Works pretty well but does seem a tad sluggish compared to 0.2. My calc app also force closes whenever I open it. That's okay, I just uninstalled it and installed RealCalc instead! :-)
Overall, great work and thanks so much for turning the Ally into a decent little phone!
marsrunner is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Terryville, CT 06786
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Ally Froyo-Root-Fastboot running Velocity V1.1 Froyo OC'ed 768Mhz Smartass Governor Motorola Xoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fltblkvic dixey21
Default

Ok so my calculator works, I didn't have to do anything either it just works. I did have a couple of problems though when it came to certain pre-installed apps. After I did the V0.3 upgrade everything was working flawlessly, or at least everything I tried. I felt confident that I could do the A2SD by creating a partition on my (stock, class 4) SD card. I went through and followed the instructions provided by savoxis and I even tested it afterward and things seemed fine. A few of the pre-installed apps (barnacle, spare parts, astro, testing app, Velocity about app, Velocity tips widget) stopped working, matter of fact they only came up through the applications manager in the settings menu, and then they didn't have proper icons or proper names, so I uninstalled them, re-downloaded and re-installed them and now they work fine. Also, when I connect my phone to my computer (Windows XP Pro laptop) I can't see the application partition (ext3), however I do see it in Astro File Manager. Additionally, I can't seem to install the LG Clock & Weather Widget that I downloaded from the list on page one of this thread (Trident's links in the first post), I assume it's because I can't install it on internal memory. I did notice a sluggish response initially, then I re-installed Advanced Task Killer (Ayal Team application) and then things seemed to speed up. I know there is an "Optimized Native Process Manager" with "*No need to use task killers*", but perhaps something isn't working right with it and that's the cause for laggy installs. Like always, I'm just passing along observations. Great work Trident, another great leap for a side note device!
fltblkvic is offline  
Last edited by fltblkvic; October 7th, 2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old October 7th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 965
 
Device(s): LG Ally (Retired), HTC Inspire 4g (Current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 244 Times in 190 Posts
kissarmy10001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltblkvic View Post
Ok so my calculator works, I didn't have to do anything either it just works. I did have a couple of problems though when it came to certain pre-installed apps. After I did the V0.3 upgrade everything was working flawlessly, or at least everything I tried. I felt confident that I could do the A2SD by creating a partition on my (stock, class 4) SD card. I went through and followed the instructions provided by savoxis and I even tested it afterward and things seemed fine. A few of the pre-installed apps (barnacle, spare parts, astro, testing app, Velocity about app, Velocity tips widget) stopped working, matter of fact they only came up through the applications manager in the settings menu, and then they didn't have proper icons or proper names, so I uninstalled them, re-downloaded and re-installed them and now they work fine. Also, when I connect my phone to my computer (Windows XP Pro laptop) I can't see the application partition (ext3), however I do see it in Astro File Manager. Additionally, I can't seem to install the LG Clock & Weather Widget that I downloaded from the list on page one of this thread (Trident's links in the first post), I assume it's because I can't install it on internal memory. I did notice a sluggish response initially, then I re-installed Advanced Task Killer (Ayal Team application) and then things seemed to speed up. I know there is an "Optimized Native Process Manager" with "*No need to use task killers*", but perhaps something isn't working right with it and that's the cause for laggy installs. Like always, I'm just passing along observations. Great work Trident, another great leap for a side note device!
Did you partiton your sdcard after flashing velocity v0.3? If so thats the wrong method as i have encountered errors with downloaded apps. You should partion the sdcard before flashing velocity. You will not see the ext partiton in windows because windows does not support or use the ext file system, linux does. You will need some 3rd party program for that or install a linux distro.
dots is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Terryville, CT 06786
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Ally Froyo-Root-Fastboot running Velocity V1.1 Froyo OC'ed 768Mhz Smartass Governor Motorola Xoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fltblkvic dixey21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dots View Post
Did you partiton your sdcard after flashing velocity v0.3? If so thats the wrong method as i have encountered errors with downloaded apps. You should partion the sdcard before flashing velocity. You will not see the ext partiton in windows because windows does not support or use the ext file system, linux does. You will need some 3rd party program for that or install a linux distro.
Ugh!! Figures!! I was so excited to get this installed, of course I did it out of order!! Oh well, I'll re-flash and try again!! Man I just hate going through all the settings again. As for not seeing it through the computer, I thought it might be a Windows issue, not like that's uncommon! KAHN!!!!!!!!
fltblkvic is offline  
Last edited by fltblkvic; October 7th, 2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #109 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 965
 
Device(s): LG Ally (Retired), HTC Inspire 4g (Current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 244 Times in 190 Posts
kissarmy10001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltblkvic View Post
Ugh!! Figures!! I was so excited to get this installed, of course I did it out of order!! Oh well, I'll re-flash and try again!! Man I just hate going through all the settings again. As for not seeing it through the computer, I thought it might be a Windows issue, not like that's uncommon! KAHN!!!!!!!!
Stop by irc if you need any assistance.
dots is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #110 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GRZLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 527
 
Device(s): LG Ally running Rooted Froyo 2.2.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 211 Times in 93 Posts
Default

No offense to RedFury but I was REALLY not feeling the theme this time around. I found the notification icons hard to read in terms of if I had service or not and made a theme.

[MetaMorph] FFFFFF for Velocity 0.3





Follow the instructions, and make sure usb debugging is enabled.
GRZLA is offline  
sponsored links
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Terryville, CT 06786
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Ally Froyo-Root-Fastboot running Velocity V1.1 Froyo OC'ed 768Mhz Smartass Governor Motorola Xoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fltblkvic dixey21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dots View Post
Stop by irc if you need any assistance.
And you know I might just hit you up on that, I've been meaning to check it out for a while but just haven't had an issue to bug people with yet!
fltblkvic is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #112 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 965
 
Device(s): LG Ally (Retired), HTC Inspire 4g (Current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 244 Times in 190 Posts
kissarmy10001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltblkvic View Post
And you know I might just hit you up on that, I've been meaning to check it out for a while but just haven't had an issue to bug people with yet!
You can come just to talk to fellow ally owners.
dots is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 407
 
Device(s): LG Ally, Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 52 Times in 42 Posts
Default

I'm still curious if anyone else has had Youtube issues or if I'm the unlucky one.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to reflash v0.3 and see if that's fixes it.


Edit:

I've been stuck in a "Velocity" boot loop since I originally posted this 50 minutes ago. :-(
Valkerie is offline  
Last edited by Valkerie; October 7th, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old October 7th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #114 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just noticed that Youtube isn't on my phone at all. I don't normally use it so I'm not worried about it, just think I may look to download it.
draky is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Goonie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis
Posts: 177
 
Device(s): Samsung DROID Charge TW3@K3D 2.2 ; Samsung Fascinate; LG Ally running on bacon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 42 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
I'm still curious if anyone else has had Youtube issues or if I'm the unlucky one.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to reflash v0.3 and see if that's fixes it.


Edit:

I've been stuck in a "Velocity" boot loop since I originally posted this 50 minutes ago. :-(

I have no youtube search issues. But I do have the FC on the calc.
Goonie21 is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 407
 
Device(s): LG Ally, Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 52 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Dots is the best. Thank you for helping unstick my Ally.

The irc channel is great at giving helpful advice too.
Valkerie is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 407
 
Device(s): LG Ally, Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 52 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Dumb double post. I didn't even hit the submit button twice. Or so I think. :-p
Valkerie is offline  
Last edited by Valkerie; October 8th, 2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #118 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): LG Ally, Acer A500, kyros mid7014, Droid 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to spiritofjon
Default

I uninstalled the calculator, reinstalled it, and still fc's. So I just took it off and downloaded a different one from the market.

As for youtube mine is working fine, I think. I never really used it before so I have no basis for comparison but I don't get any errors or anything.
spiritofjon is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #119 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hey I would LOVE to get Velocity, I tried 2 and liked it. The only problem is that I am a big fan of the LG Home, I like the bottom launcher and how they organize the preinstalled and your apps. Is there a way I can get the LG Home with this? Also is it possible to get back a couple of the apps that were removed (like the lg messaging one maybe?)

thanks a lot for your help!
RobDaBomb is offline  
Old October 7th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #120 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GRZLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 527
 
Device(s): LG Ally running Rooted Froyo 2.2.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 211 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDaBomb View Post
hey I would LOVE to get Velocity, I tried 2 and liked it. The only problem is that I am a big fan of the LG Home, I like the bottom launcher and how they organize the preinstalled and your apps. Is there a way I can get the LG Home with this? Also is it possible to get back a couple of the apps that were removed (like the lg messaging one maybe?)

thanks a lot for your help!
I doubt lg home will ever put into any rom as it takes a lot of memory to run, why not just use launcherpro? As for any other lg apps, you will probably never see those in a rom either, sorry.
GRZLA is offline  
sponsored links
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:06 PM   #121 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): LG Ally, LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Talking Rom Manager

I know this was asked before. But there are still a few of us waiting to get V0.3 from Rom Manager.

P.S. -Love your work so far definitely makes you feel like you get your money's worth for the Ally with Velocity. Will definitely be donating soon. Thanks
Brian P. is offline  
Last edited by Brian P.; October 7th, 2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: needs to be deleted. double post.
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #122 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): LG Ally, LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Talking Rom Manager

I know this was asked before. But there are still a few of us waiting to get V0.3 from Rom Manager.

P.S. -Love your work so far definitely makes you feel like you get your money's worth for the Ally with Velocity. Will definitely be donating soon. Thanks
Brian P. is offline  
Old October 8th, 2010, 06:13 AM   #123 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well one of my favorite things about the ally is the way it groups the apps has preinstalled and post installed. just makes stuff so much easier to find, especially considering i dont use the home screen much. also how would i manage to get other apps that were removed back on? like City ID?
RobDaBomb is offline  
Old October 8th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #124 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): Samsung GNex
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
blaylok
Default

May be stupid question, but if I re-flash ROM, do I also need to re-flash -Baseband Version VS740MVB.5210.1015: (new radio.img)?
blay is offline  
Old October 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #125 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
swc2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): Droid Bionic, Droid 4, Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet (16GB)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 230
Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts
Default

All right so I have been converted to the dark side. I am now checking out this AWESOME rom made by Trident. I am only having one problem.
I cant seem to get the LG weather and clock Widget .apk that trident provided to work. I got think free to work I also got backup assistant to work. Just no weather widget. It says application not installed and goes about its merry way. LOL any help would be appreciated.
Thanks so Much

THANKS TRIDENT.
swc2001 is offline  
Old October 8th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #126 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi
I was reading all these.
So after downloading I will start installation, then I will loose all my staff (picture, doc)on SD? App? Pre-installed App?. I would like to keep weather, skype, alarm clock.
What is benefit of this application. I'm really very green in this. Only thing I want is keep app on SD card in order to have more of them.
Thanks
phlfly is offline  
Old October 8th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #127 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
swc2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): Droid Bionic, Droid 4, Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet (16GB)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 230
Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRZLA View Post
No offense to RedFury but I was REALLY not feeling the theme this time around. I found the notification icons hard to read in terms of if I had service or not and made a theme.

[MetaMorph] FFFFFF for Velocity 0.3





Follow the instructions, and make sure usb debugging is enabled.
Ok stupid question how are yall taking these great screen shots of your phone?
swc2001 is offline  
Old October 8th, 2010, 09:59 AM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Terryville, CT 06786
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Ally Froyo-Root-Fastboot running Velocity V1.1 Froyo OC'ed 768Mhz Smartass Governor Motorola Xoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fltblkvic dixey21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc2001 View Post
Ok stupid question how are yall taking these great screen shots of your phone?
There are apps in the market that take screenshots. Matter of fact one is called screenshot, just search for it in the market.
fltblkvic is offline  
Old October 8th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #129 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): LG Ally: Frunisher v1.0, OC=806
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

ok so when i try to boot into recovery to flash v .3 my phone gets stuck at the lg scree, but when i try and just regular boot, it goes right to the phone. any ideas?
Oblivious72 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Terryville, CT 06786
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Ally Froyo-Root-Fastboot running Velocity V1.1 Froyo OC'ed 768Mhz Smartass Governor Motorola Xoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fltblkvic dixey21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivious72 View Post
ok so when i try to boot into recovery to flash v .3 my phone gets stuck at the lg scree, but when i try and just regular boot, it goes right to the phone. any ideas?
Do you have Rom Manager installed? If not get it. Then flash (or reflash, if you already have Rom Manager) Clockwork Recovery Mod From the main menu in Rom Manager.
fltblkvic is offline  
sponsored links
Old October 9th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #131 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

So I did a little trial and error and discovered that my calc is only broken if I install GNM_TURBO4-Velocity.zip in addition to velocity_0.3_release.zip. Not sure why that would be, but I tested it twice.
marsrunner is offline  
Old October 9th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #132 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

How long should the first boot take? I flashed V.3 from V.2 and seem to be stuck at the velocity boot screen. I wiped data, cash, and dvalik and it's been at that screen for about 20 minutes.
dmoriarty is offline  
Old October 10th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #133 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Leogorath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bawlmer, Merlin
Posts: 18
 
Device(s): LG Ally (Velocity 1.0)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Leogorath
Default

Hi!

First off, Velocity and that GNM Turbo 4 thingie did wonders for performance, so thank you for that!

One thing though, and I'm not sure whether it was caused by Velocity or whether it's just a problem with my phone:

Every time I try to upload a picture to Picasa (from the Gallery, or from JustPictures), I get the "add a new Google account" screen. I can go through it successfully, but doing so just brings me back to the gallery, and the problem persists.

Am I missing something I should be doing?
Leogorath is offline  
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
netizenmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mansfield, OH
Posts: 490
 
Device(s): Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Rooted, unlocked Bootloader Running CM9 with Calls & Data (ICS 4.0.x)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 111 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay View Post
May be stupid question, but if I re-flash ROM, do I also need to re-flash -Baseband Version VS740MVB.5210.1015: (new radio.img)?
Not a dumb question, I was wondering the same thing. Another question I have is if you have to partition your card before you install Velocity 0.3, then what happens if you buy a new card? Gotta flash it again? That seems a little... extreme, weird, strange, unusual... not sure what word to use. Can someone please explain why this is necessary?
netizenmt is offline  
Old October 11th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #135 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): Samsung GNex
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
blaylok
Default

As far as a new card goes, I would imagine you just partition the new card, pop it in, and go. Not sure why you'd need to re-flash ROM for a new card.
blay is offline  
Old October 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #136 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 965
 
Device(s): LG Ally (Retired), HTC Inspire 4g (Current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 244 Times in 190 Posts
kissarmy10001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay View Post
As far as a new card goes, I would imagine you just partition the new card, pop it in, and go. Not sure why you'd need to re-flash ROM for a new card.
I would imagine you would need to re-flash flash the rom after partioning the new sdcard because all your apps are on the old sdcard. So if you have a new sdcard with a old rom you wont have any of your downloaded apps. Not sure if you can transfer them and they would work either.
dots is offline  
Old October 11th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #137 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): Samsung GNex
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
blaylok
Default

Right, I was just saying that assuming you'd have backed up ur data on old card, swapped it back to new card and it would work on newly partitioned card. Just an assumption tho, as I have no idea. =)
blay is offline  
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #138 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 61
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Velocity 0.4 announced in development on twitter.
mattrb is offline  
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:36 AM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
netizenmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mansfield, OH
Posts: 490
 
Device(s): Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Rooted, unlocked Bootloader Running CM9 with Calls & Data (ICS 4.0.x)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 111 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Made a donation. Thanks!
netizenmt is offline  
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
DoctorZaius68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): HTC THunderbolt; LG Ally (Retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default Question about Exchange Email Accounts

Sorry...Newbie question:

Before I flash this MOD I have a question: Will I still be able to set up and use my 2 microsoft exchange corporate accounts with this V.03? I use my phone for work and want to make sure that this will still be possble after flashing the ROM.
DoctorZaius68 is offline  
sponsored links
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
motorsport226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hampton, NH
Posts: 308
 
Device(s): LG Ally Rooted 2.2.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 55 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Everytime I try to reboot into recovery I'm stuck at a blue 'fastboot' screen. Help?
motorsport226 is offline  
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Terryville, CT 06786
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Ally Froyo-Root-Fastboot running Velocity V1.1 Froyo OC'ed 768Mhz Smartass Governor Motorola Xoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fltblkvic dixey21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorZaius68 View Post
Sorry...Newbie question:

Before I flash this MOD I have a question: Will I still be able to set up and use my 2 microsoft exchange corporate accounts with this V.03? I use my phone for work and want to make sure that this will still be possble after flashing the ROM.
I have a corporate account as well using Microsoft exchange and I don't have any problems at all. I would recommend writing down all the setting for them first since it can be a pain to re-input your account data but it should be good!
fltblkvic is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to fltblkvic For This Useful Post:
DoctorZaius68 (October 13th, 2010)
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Terryville, CT 06786
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Ally Froyo-Root-Fastboot running Velocity V1.1 Froyo OC'ed 768Mhz Smartass Governor Motorola Xoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fltblkvic dixey21
Default

Ok so here's something. Battery life with this ROM is extended dramatically. I was out of state for a couple of days and wasn't charging my phone like usual (I plug it in every night and unplug it in the morning) and it still was reading 80% after almost 2 days of typical use!! It used to be at about 40% at the end of the day before I ever installed anything, basically bone stock. I must say though, DAMN!! Great Rom Trident, keep up the great work!!
fltblkvic is offline  
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #144 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GRZLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 527
 
Device(s): LG Ally running Rooted Froyo 2.2.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 211 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Still haven't gotten a response to my inquiry on page 1 but I'll post it again as I just reflashed the ROM for the 3rd time and my phone is still SW Version V8.

I, of course, wiped both sets of caches and my data before installing. This is the 3rd time it has been v8.
GRZLA is offline  
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #145 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Has anyone noticed that screen proximity sensor is not working in .3?

Just noticed it myself, not a huge deal just wondering if its my Ally or the ROM.
justin153 is offline  
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #146 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): AT&T Xperia X10, Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default LG Apps

Hey everyone... new to the Ally but not android... so far im loving this device and this rom.... heres my problem though... Im downloading some of the lg apps in the post cause i want the messaging widget, socialite widget, and calendar... I download and try to install and all of them except the socialite apk keep giving me application not installed.... I tried pushing through adb but i cant seem to get it right maybe im doing it wrong... any help is greatly appreciated..
rcklss is offline  
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #147 (permalink)
Premium Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Trident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 3,036
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid, LG Ally, Logitech Revue, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 386
Thanked 2,333 Times in 414 Posts
Contact for info
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netizenmt View Post
Made a donation. Thanks!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport226 View Post
Everytime I try to reboot into recovery I'm stuck at a blue 'fastboot' screen. Help?
Reflash your recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltblkvic View Post
Ok so here's something. Battery life with this ROM is extended dramatically. I was out of state for a couple of days and wasn't charging my phone like usual (I plug it in every night and unplug it in the morning) and it still was reading 80% after almost 2 days of typical use!! It used to be at about 40% at the end of the day before I ever installed anything, basically bone stock. I must say though, DAMN!! Great Rom Trident, keep up the great work!!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRZLA View Post
Still haven't gotten a response to my inquiry on page 1 but I'll post it again as I just reflashed the ROM for the 3rd time and my phone is still SW Version V8.

I, of course, wiped both sets of caches and my data before installing. This is the 3rd time it has been v8.
This is because this ROM was not applied via OTA with the stock recovery, therefore it was unable to update the module that controls that section in the about phone. The ROM is based on VZB, I promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin153 View Post
Has anyone noticed that screen proximity sensor is not working in .3?

Just noticed it myself, not a huge deal just wondering if its my Ally or the ROM.
Works for me..
__________________



HTC Thunderbolt

Please do not PM me with phone related support queries, that's what the forums are for!

Site Rules/ Guidelines & Zero Tolerance Policy

Trident is offline  
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
motorsport226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hampton, NH
Posts: 308
 
Device(s): LG Ally Rooted 2.2.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 55 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Do I need to flash back to stock 2.1 before I flash to v0.3 or can I flash it over v0.2? I'm not sure because I flashed v0.2 when I was still running stock 2.1. Thanks for the help Trident.
motorsport226 is offline  
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #149 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 965
 
Device(s): LG Ally (Retired), HTC Inspire 4g (Current)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 244 Times in 190 Posts
kissarmy10001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport226 View Post
Do I need to flash back to stock 2.1 before I flash to v0.3 or can I flash it over v0.2? I'm not sure because I flashed v0.2 when I was still running stock 2.1. Thanks for the help Trident.
As long as you wipe data/cache/dalvik cache before flashing then yes you can flash it over v0.2
dots is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to dots For This Useful Post:
motorsport226 (October 13th, 2010)
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
motorsport226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hampton, NH
Posts: 308
 
Device(s): LG Ally Rooted 2.2.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 55 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Awesome, thank you!
motorsport226 is offline  
Closed Thread


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > Velocity
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.