Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root

Like Tree140Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

Developed by Romanbb & Team Kang

This version is for the Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus

Official AOKP site

Rootz forum link

Build 40/B40: (6/25/12) - Download & Changelog

Milestone 6/M6: (7/7/12) - Download & Changelog


Alternative Launchers: Trebuchet & MIUI Launcher


ROM install instructions:


Mods/Themes/Theme Chooser Themes (6/25)





*image property of aokp
Trooper, mruno and TheWenger like this.

Advertisements
__________________
All the Thanks!, go to Him <))><
jbdan is offline  
Last edited by jbdan; July 21st, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post:
45droid (February 22nd, 2012), alprazolam (January 31st, 2012), AndroidFanKyle (January 12th, 2012), BabyBlues (January 13th, 2012), breadnatty08 (January 4th, 2012), CaptainRon (January 26th, 2012), Caveman419 (January 24th, 2012), cheko_lokz (February 18th, 2012), chiph411 (January 29th, 2012), chordate (February 17th, 2012), ClaytonBigsbee1 (June 19th, 2012), darkcyber (January 28th, 2012), Desertbum (July 19th, 2012), Droid_Junky (May 25th, 2012), DSG04lightning (March 12th, 2012), dyoungprod (May 2nd, 2012), elmerjr128 (February 14th, 2012), foo (January 4th, 2012), GalaxyNexus (February 16th, 2012), in2uition (February 13th, 2012), jackburnt (February 3rd, 2012), jhawkkw (April 29th, 2012), jkc120 (January 31st, 2012), jmar (March 1st, 2012), krouget (June 5th, 2012), magpullin (January 21st, 2012), metlcat (March 7th, 2012), mistermojorizi (January 28th, 2012), Mr. Link (April 2nd, 2012), Mr. Orange 645 (April 1st, 2012), Namrak (January 31st, 2012), Outatime (March 4th, 2012), overbyc1 (February 7th, 2012), oxfat (May 14th, 2012), quiklives (January 26th, 2012), quikric (June 4th, 2012), rlh445 (March 26th, 2012), Rovian (April 6th, 2012), ryancmatchett (January 18th, 2012), Steven58 (March 1st, 2012), Sushibagel (March 9th, 2012), TexDaddy57 (April 17th, 2012), TheRoosevelt (December 30th, 2011), TheWenger (February 13th, 2012), Tman450 (July 23rd, 2012), Trooper (February 8th, 2012), trophynuts (January 31st, 2012), viper689 (March 27th, 2012), VoidedSaint (February 1st, 2012), xmike (February 6th, 2012), ymDroid (February 25th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old December 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
chevyrado14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Verizon Droid Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 55 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Love this rom. The tweaks are awesome. Also the Boot screen is sweet!
chevyrado14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevyrado14 For This Useful Post:
GalaxyNexus (April 10th, 2012), jbdan (December 31st, 2011)
Old December 28th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
ArXane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 113
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 27 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Anybody having issues reading NFC tags with M1?
ArXane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArXane View Post
Anybody having issues reading NFC tags with M1?
I've read people are having this issue with all ICS roms at the moment. Some tags work better than others I've read as well.

I have not got mine yet, can't wait!
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrado14 View Post
Love this rom. The tweaks are awesome. Also the Boot screen is sweet!
lol I agree! Although I did just change to the optimized ICS GN boot ani it looks gorgeous!
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArXane View Post
Anybody having issues reading NFC tags with M1?
Member Stigy posted this in the lounge....might be helpful for some:

For those ordering tags from Tagstand, there seems to be some issue with ICS and Type 2 tags. So it seems like any Mifare stickers work perfectly with the Nexus -- I am using them at my desk and at my apartment right now to trigger tasks.

Trying to think of some fun and creative ways to use them now.

The only ones I can get to read 100% of the time are these (from the hobby pack):
tagstand - Mifare Classic Sticker - Square (35mm x 35mm)
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post:
ArXane (December 29th, 2011)
Old December 29th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Nightly/Build 11 additions

OP updated!


build 11 - December 29
initial implementation of LED light picker (I plan on making it be ON while picking it to be able to see the color)
Added 4.0.3 Tag.apk from Google. Let me know if this fixes reading NFC tags. I have no tags to test on so you guys have to let me know
Keyboard: volume keys will act as a cursor while typing -- disable in keyboard options
Power Saver: won't turn on if Google Music is playing, won't turn on if phone is charging
Power Saver: added some checks to make sure it's switching to a proper network mode to help with CDMA devices
Power Saver: added 1x (CDMA) toggle for CDMA devices, now comes with a warning when you turn it on! If you have time, please test this. Make a nandroid before.
Nav Bar: added new layout (thanks brucekey for the idea!) Back - Home - Search. Long press home to get recent apps
Toro: attempted (!!) to disable VZW tethering and enable native tethering. Please let me know if this works.
jbdan is offline  
Last edited by jbdan; December 29th, 2011 at 06:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Reformed PH
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,921
 
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,948
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
Default

This is one of the top if not THE top rom right now.

I am pairing it with imoseyan's lean (experimental) kernal. This baby is fast and stable.
dogy513 likes this.
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven58 For This Useful Post:
jbdan (December 29th, 2011)
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven58 View Post
This is one of the top if not THE top rom right now.

I am pairing it with imoseyan's lean (experimental) kernal. This baby is fast and stable.
I've really enjoyed it. I think romans builds remind me most of CM out of all the ICS .3 roms out at the moment and I think that is why I like his tweaks and customization. If I was a developer (lol!) this is how I would customize ICS .3. He's also on top of things and replies to inquiries most often.

I'm using Lou's on it now it's smooth. Will move to Imo's 1.1.0 UV'd tomorrow!

Glad you're enjoying it Steven seems like yesterday we were all waiting tooth and nail for that imminent release



One other thing. Let me know how you like the imo experimental and how it does battery wise for you. It looks most interesting with the lower and higher slots and also the interactiveX gov. Is that the gov you're using?
jbdan is offline  
Last edited by Steven58; December 30th, 2011 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Reformed PH
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,921
 
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,948
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
Default

love it! battery seems good. I don't go over 1350.
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven58 For This Useful Post:
jbdan (December 30th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

I'm gonna switch from Android Revolution HD 2.1.2 to this. I loved ARHD but I was missing FB sync and I wanted to taste 4.0.3.

Backing up now, I'm excited!
__________________
You should follow me on Twitter.



TheRoosevelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Reformed PH
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,921
 
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,948
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
Default

Yeah, I have FB sync. I think not including it in the stock rom is stoopit.
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoosevelt View Post
I'm gonna switch from Android Revolution HD 2.1.2 to this. I loved ARHD but I was missing FB sync and I wanted to taste 4.0.3.

Backing up now, I'm excited!
Let us know how you fare with it Teddy
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

It was working great until I restored my apps from Titanium backup. Now I'm being assaulted with "unfortunately, process android.process.acore has stopped" and "unfortunately, process [insert japanese words here] has stopped". On top of that, the signal bars had turned gray instead of blue.

I dunno if this is a common problem, the Gnex is my first Android phone, so I'm just getting the hang of flashing on Android (used to do it Winmo all the time). Anyway, I guess I'll do a data wipe and restore apps one by one to see if I can find the problem. Did anyone else encounter this?
TheRoosevelt is offline  
Last edited by TheRoosevelt; December 30th, 2011 at 05:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoosevelt View Post
It was working great until I restored my apps from Titanium backup. Now I'm being assaulted with "unfortunately, process android.process.acore has stopped" and "unfortunately, process [insert japanese words here] has stopped". On top of that, the signal bars had turned gray instead of blue.

I dunno if this is a common problem, the Gnex is my first Android phone, so I'm just getting the hang of flashing on Android (used to do it Winmo all the time). Anyway, I guess I'll do a data wipe and restore apps one by one to see if I can find the problem. Did anyone else encounter this?
You must have restored apps and data? Just restore the app if so.

It is a common problem if one is restoring data with the app. Very common.

Or if still giving you issues do an app at a time, with NO DATA. What a pain I know. I only have around 25-35 apps at a given time so it's no issue for me, but I know some of you have upwards of 100's of apps!
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post:
TheRoosevelt (December 30th, 2011)
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
You must have restored apps and data? Just restore the app if so.

It is a common problem if one is restoring data with the app. Very common.

Or if still giving you issues do an app at a time, with NO DATA. What a pain I know. I only have around 25-35 apps at a given time so it's no issue for me, but I know some of you have upwards of 100's of apps!
Thanks, I got it fixed, all I did was refrain from restoring system apps, because I didn't need to restore them anyway (doh), and it was fixed (Edit: Wouldn't you know, I didn't see this thread until later: WARNING: Titanium System Restore + Google Server Sync/Gmail Issue)
My apps themselves restored fine, even with data. And I'm glad, because I had 60 some apps to restore

As for the ROM itself, it's awesome. Not too different from stock, but I like the notification tray widgets (though I'll keep using MoreQuicklyPanel for now as well) and the battery % mod. I'm running M1, not the nightly build, so I'm not able to use power saver, but hopefully that gets worked out in future milestone releases.

One problem though. FB sync is working, but pictures aren't syncing. I'm just getting the default "blank face" on all my facebook contacts... Am I the only one?

Edit: nvm, I just cleared data and forced stopped the FB app and resynced and it worked fine.
TheRoosevelt is offline  
Last edited by TheRoosevelt; December 31st, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheRoosevelt For This Useful Post:
jbdan (December 31st, 2011), SecondShot (December 31st, 2011)
Old December 31st, 2011, 09:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoosevelt View Post
Thanks, I got it fixed, all I did was refrain from restoring system apps, because I didn't need to restore them anyway (doh), and it was fixed (Edit: Wouldn't you know, I didn't see this thread until later: WARNING: Titanium System Restore + Google Server Sync/Gmail Issue)
My apps themselves restored fine, even with data. And I'm glad, because I had 60 some apps to restore

As for the ROM itself, it's awesome. Not too different from stock, but I like the notification tray widgets (though I'll keep using MoreQuicklyPanel for now as well) and the battery % mod. I'm running M1, not the nightly build, so I'm not able to use power saver, but hopefully that gets worked out in future milestone releases.

One problem though. FB sync is working, but pictures aren't syncing. I'm just getting the default "blank face" on all my facebook contacts... Am I the only one?

Edit: nvm, I just cleared data and forced stopped the FB app and resynced and it worked fine.
Glad you're able to troubleshoot some stuff yourself and learn about it. Good for teaching us newer folk some tips!

Yeah restoring sys apps has always been a no-no for me. Would have been good on me to include that in my last reply I apologize. I take for granted often the stuff I've learned rooting over the last 2 years.

The power saver does work if you use the LTE off on screen off edit: on build 11 not M1 (even though some have reported slow re-connects to LTE upon awaking). Just don't use the "drop down to 3G/1X" yet as roman doesn't have an LTE GN to test on he does everything on his GSM version and then we're the guineas

When/if he does get the "drop down to 3G/1X" when screen is off working flawlessly, wow what a power saving feature, something that should have been included in stock imo!
jbdan is offline  
Last edited by jbdan; December 31st, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post:
TheRoosevelt (December 31st, 2011)
Old December 31st, 2011, 11:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
Glad you're able to troubleshoot some stuff yourself and learn about it. Good for teaching us newer folk some tips!

Yeah restoring sys apps has always been a no-no for me. Would have been good on me to include that in my last reply I apologize. I take for granted often the stuff I've learned rooting over the last 2 years.

The power saver does work if you use the LTE off on screen off (even though some have reported slow re-connects to LTE upon awaking). Just don't use the "drop down to 3G/1X" yet as roman doesn't have an LTE GN to test on he does everything on his GSM version and then we're the guineas

When/if he does get the "drop down to 3G/1X" when screen is off working flawlessly, wow what a power saving feature, something that should have been included in stock imo!
Power saver works with Milestone 1? Or are you using build 11? Roman says not to use power saver with M1 so I've been too afraid to enable it
TheRoosevelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 03:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Reformed PH
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,921
 
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,948
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
Default Steven still approves!

Toro 11 plus leankernal is the ticket for me. It has all the mods I want and then some. It plays nicely with nova launcher. I like that. Additionally, it flies.

Very stable. I recommend this to newbs.
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven58 For This Useful Post:
45droid (February 20th, 2012), jbdan (December 31st, 2011), quiklives (December 31st, 2011)
Old December 31st, 2011, 03:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoosevelt View Post
Power saver works with Milestone 1? Or are you using build 11? Roman says not to use power saver with M1 so I've been too afraid to enable it
Sorry I will fix that post! It is on 11 not M1 you are correct and some have reported very long reconnects so still buggy on LTE.

What I can't wait for is when he gets the "drop to 3G or heck even 1X" when screen is off so we are still getting updates, push noti's, mms, etc... but only using the more efficient 3G and 1X radios. When screen is turned on we get blazing 4G
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 31st, 2011, 04:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Build 12 out Happy New Year everyone!

Updated OP
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 07:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 421
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus -AOKP Nexus 7 -AOKP
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 269
Thanked 195 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven58 View Post
Toro 11 plus leankernal is the ticket for me. It has all the mods I want and then some. It plays nicely with nova launcher. I like that. Additionally, it flies.

Very stable. I recommend this to newbs.
Being a newb, all I can say is: This. I was starting to suffer from the battery drain of the high keep awake times for Android OS, so after hunting through these forums last night, I chose the same setup, and I'm currently at 55% after 9hr 50min on battery. No performance issues at all, undervolted and overclocked, running smoother and faster than stock (which was running great to begin with except for the battery drain).

And this was my first ROM/kernel on the Nexus - I'm coming from a Droid X where kernels weren't an option and loading a ROM was scary business. This was quick and easy and I wasn't having heart palpitations about bricking it the whole time ;-)
quiklives is offline  
Last edited by quiklives; December 31st, 2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to quiklives For This Useful Post:
jbdan (December 31st, 2011)
Old December 31st, 2011, 10:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Reformed PH
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,921
 
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,948
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiklives View Post
Being a newb, all I can say is: This. I was starting to suffer from the battery drain of the high keep awake times for Android OS, so after hunting through these forums last night, I chose the same setup, and I'm currently at 55% after 9hr 50min on battery. No performance issues at all, undervolted and overclocked, running smoother and faster than stock (which was running great to begin with except for the battery drain).

And this was my first ROM/kernel on the Nexus - I'm coming from a Droid X where kernels weren't an option and loading a ROM was scary business. This was quick and easy and I wasn't having heart palpitations about bricking it the whole time ;-)
I should clarify. I am not on the kernal that comes with it. I flashed the leankernal latest experimental build over this. They play nicely (and fast) together. Good battery life, too.

I'm on Toro 12. Great stuff. Can't say enough about it. I did have a problem that seems to have been fixed with this new build... disappearing icons. The dev is fast and responsive.
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

To those who flash nightlies, how do you go about restoring data like call logs, sms, and apps? Titanium backup? Even though Titanium backup's made my life significantly easier, it still takes a good half an hour to an hour to manually confirm the installation of each of the apps I have backed up. I couldn't imagine going through that more than once a week... Is there a way to have it restore all the apps without input, a la Market restore? Or do you really need to press "install" for every app?
TheRoosevelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 06:16 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
chevyrado14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Verizon Droid Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 55 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Titanium pro does that
chevyrado14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrado14 View Post
Titanium pro does that
Ah, thanks. Plus I just realized that you probably don't have to wipe data before different builds of the same ROM.
TheRoosevelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoosevelt View Post
To those who flash nightlies, how do you go about restoring data like call logs, sms, and apps? Titanium backup? Even though Titanium backup's made my life significantly easier, it still takes a good half an hour to an hour to manually confirm the installation of each of the apps I have backed up. I couldn't imagine going through that more than once a week... Is there a way to have it restore all the apps without input, a la Market restore? Or do you really need to press "install" for every app?
Oh my gosh pay for the pro version so you can batch restore lol!

Anywho, if you are on 11, you just do a "wipe cache partition" and "wipe dalvik cache" you lose NOTHING you'll still have all your apps, phone logs, sms etc....

You only need to do a complete wipe (aka wipe data factory reset) when coming from a completely different ROM.
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 12:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 421
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus -AOKP Nexus 7 -AOKP
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 269
Thanked 195 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
You only need to do a complete wipe (aka wipe data factory reset) when coming from a completely different ROM.
So coming from the Milestone 1 build, this would still be true?
quiklives is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiklives View Post
So coming from the Milestone 1 build, this would still be true?
That would be a 'negative' or an affirmative confused lol quik

If coming from M1 and going to build 12 just wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik. Good to go
jbdan is offline  
Last edited by jbdan; January 1st, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post:
quiklives (January 1st, 2012)
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Thanks for the updated note in the OP
I'll probably still stick to the milestone releases. I know this isn't particularly buggy but I don't want my phone to embarrass me while I'm showing it off to my friends this coming week
TheRoosevelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRoosevelt For This Useful Post:
jbdan (January 1st, 2012)
sponsored links
Old January 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Romanbb has rewritten the toggles... looks slick!

Look for it in build13 eta 'unknownst' atm

Photo from roman:



Also, some great mods, including altimax98 key mods, are available. I'll update the OP with some available mods specific to this ROM.

A mod in the works... brucekey's center clock and horiz swiping task switcher with large icons.

Photo from brucekey:

jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 06:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

That task switcher looks delicious. Is there a thread on Rootzwiki for that or is he posting inside the AOKP thread?
TheRoosevelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 06:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoosevelt View Post
That task switcher looks delicious. Is there a thread on Rootzwiki for that or is he posting inside the AOKP thread?
He's just posting it in the rootz aokp thread so far. Cool isn't it! Swipe up or down to kill.
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 08:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
kk4df's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 153
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 222
Thanked 115 Times in 75 Posts
Default

I've installed the build 12 zip in CWR twice. Both times I wiped cache and davlik. Second time I factory reset. The About setting still shows build 11. Anyone else?
kk4df is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk4df View Post
I've installed the build 12 zip in CWR twice. Both times I wiped cache and davlik. Second time I factory reset. The About setting still shows build 11. Anyone else?
It's just a typo you're on build 12 if you did complete data wipe/factory reset.
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:49 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Mr. Orange 645's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 298
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 65
Thanked 135 Times in 74 Posts
Default

jbdan, have you tried Ulitmate Backup Pro by JRummy? Just found it in the market. Less than half price of Ti Backup Pro, and appears to be very full featured. And JRummy puts out quality apps.

I haven't tried it yet (as I'm unrooted in preparation of exchanging my GNex for a faulty volume button tomorrow), but will probably give it and this AOKP a try tomorrow night!
__________________
Romans 1:16 - I am not ashamed.

<(((><
Mr. Orange 645 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Orange 645 For This Useful Post:
jbdan (January 2nd, 2012)
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:25 AM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
jbdan, have you tried Ulitmate Backup Pro by JRummy? Just found it in the market. Less than half price of Ti Backup Pro, and appears to be very full featured. And JRummy puts out quality apps.

I haven't tried it yet (as I'm unrooted in preparation of exchanging my GNex for a faulty volume button tomorrow), but will probably give it and this AOKP a try tomorrow night!
I just checked it out thx to your post

I will definitely give it a go and see how I like it thanks Mr O!

gl on the exchange this ROM is gorgeous let us know how you like it!
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

OP updated with new brucekeys softkey mod for M1!
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM   #39 (permalink)
Reformed PH
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,921
 
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,948
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
Default

Unbelievable. This thing keeps getting better and better.

most recent changes

build 13 - January 2
Added an option for center clock
Added an option to color your clock, wherever it might be O_O
Added an option to hide alarm icon (note, you need to toggle your alarms off first, then back on)
Recoded data toggles to be super super clean (good for me, irrelevant for you!)
Added a mobile data toggle
Added option to long-press back button to kill process
Fix power-menu toggle options not toggling and such
Added super awesome advanced options to Power Saver. If you don't touch them, they won't touch you.
CHANGED MODVERSION TO BUILD 13 (this makes your phone faster)
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven58 For This Useful Post:
foo (January 4th, 2012)
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

OP updated with 3 new MOD's specific to this ROM
jbdan is offline  
Last edited by jbdan; January 2nd, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:23 AM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
kk4df's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 153
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 222
Thanked 115 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Has anyone tested the Power Saver features yet? I may test them later today.
kk4df is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:56 AM   #42 (permalink)
Pain de Cacao
 
breadnatty08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 19,535
 
Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6,379
Thanked 6,027 Times in 3,947 Posts
Default

Alright, finally have some free time today to check this out.
Does Wallet work with this ROM? (or is it a problem with all 4.0.3 ROMs?)
breadnatty08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk4df View Post
Has anyone tested the Power Saver features yet? I may test them later today.
Do not use the power saver with M1. I haven't tested it yet with 12 or 13 nightly's, but can't wait till it is confirmed working. Roman doesn't have our CDMA version so we become the testers

If you do try it, please just do a backup before you enable the setting and report here your findings so we can improve it if needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Alright, finally have some free time today to check this out.
Does Wallet work with this ROM? (or is it a problem with all 4.0.3 ROMs?)
Affirmative with M1 haven't used yet on 13, but read it worked for someone.
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post:
breadnatty08 (January 3rd, 2012)
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:40 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
chevyrado14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Verizon Droid Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 55 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Badass lockscreen mod for aokp 13 only

AOKP Build 13 Lockscreen Mod + two other goodies - RootzWiki
chevyrado14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chevyrado14 For This Useful Post:
jbdan (January 3rd, 2012)
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrado14 View Post
Ty kind sir added to OP!
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk4df View Post
Has anyone tested the Power Saver features yet? I may test them later today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
Do not use the power saver with M1. I haven't tested it yet with 12 or 13 nightly's, but can't wait till it is confirmed working. Roman doesn't have our CDMA version so we become the testers

If you do try it, please just do a backup before you enable the setting and report here your findings so we can improve it if needed!
Seriously, don't enable Power Saver. I did just to see what would happen and suddenly I kept getting "unfortunately process com.android.phone has stopped" and various other messages like that, and they were so frequent that I couldn't even use the phone. Thank god for CWM backups.
TheRoosevelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TheRoosevelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 815
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 693
Thanked 1,819 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Sorry for the double post, but brucekey "finally" (it's only been like 2 days haha) released that horizontal task switcher!!

[MOD][MULTITASKING][AOKP] WebOS-like horizontal app switcher - RootzWiki

(Build 13 only)
TheRoosevelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRoosevelt For This Useful Post:
jbdan (January 3rd, 2012)
Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoosevelt View Post
Sorry for the double post, but brucekey "finally" (it's only been like 2 days haha) released that horizontal task switcher!!

[MOD][MULTITASKING][AOKP] WebOS-like horizontal app switcher - RootzWiki

(Build 13 only)
Thank you! OP updated under "Mods"
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Zaphod's putting out some nice mods for this ROM (well a lot of folk are), but this looks hot! Sneak peak at some noti toggles:

jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
jaydotelloh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Current: Droid MAXX - Stock Rooted Asus TF300T - Rooted and ROM'd Nook Color - Rooted w/CM7 P
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 242
Thanked 431 Times in 195 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
Zaphod's putting out some nice mods for this ROM (well a lot of folk are), but this looks hot! Sneak peak at some noti toggles:

This looks awesome. A menu to customize which toggles you have would be nice too, though.
jaydotelloh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.