February 29th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Clemson, SC
Device(s): VZ Galaxy Nexus, B&N Nook Color, Viewsonic g-Tab, Logitech Revue
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1,676 Times in 659 Posts
Originally Posted by sx4dude2013
Just got my Nex today.
So far its good.
I have many questions after all of this reading....
1) Im coming from a Blackberry. Before that I had a Droid X and a Bionic.
I used the superuser app and could just go straight into CWM to "flash" new ROMS....Is there no way to do that here?
2) What is a GOOD rom? I NEED something that "works" and is final....no bugs. I would stick with stock but I need more customizable options and battery life.
3) When I find a ROM. I DL to my computer and then do what?
It just seemed sooo much eaiser with MOTO
1) new roms can still be flashed in CWM on the GNex. to get into recovery, download ROM manager from the market and select "reboot to recovery", or power down then holdvolume + and - while booting back up and select "recovery".
sounds like the ROM you are looking for.
3) you don't need to download to your computer at all. download to your GNex, reboot into CWM recovery, wipe data/cache/dalvik, and flash your new rom from there.