Originally Posted by samwapp
Hey y'all, I've got a quick question for you guys. I currently have Jelly Belly, but I want to switch my ROM to CM10. How would I go about doing that while keeping all my data?
1. Backup all user apps and system data using Titanium Backup.
2. Reboot into recovery, make a nandroid backup.
3. Still in recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format /system.
4. Still in recovery, flash CM10, flash gapps.
5. Still in recovery, fix permissions.
6. Reboot. Sign in to Google on startup and stop the play store from automatically installing your apps. Install TiBu and paid license from the Play Store.
7. Open TiBu (if it asks about device ID, select restore previous ID, your phone will reboot). Select batch operations in the top right and select restore user apps and data. Go through and select which apps you want to restore.
8. Reboot and profit.
Optional: you can restore some system data from TiBu. I do Clock and SMS/MMS/APN.