Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > (Verizon) Galaxy Note 3 - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 1st, 2013, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Potential critical error when doing rooting please help

hello there! I was using this tutorial:Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting instructions - YouTube

and I encountered an error:

http://i.imgur.com/p7fQ0jG.png?1


the program ran for a good 5 seconds and then I was met with that error, my phone looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/60f0iZL.jpg?1

so it appears that it may have something to do with...my...Cache? I'm not really sure that would really mean, though.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

Zabrak999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 1st, 2013, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BlueBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,533
 
Device(s): Note 3; formerly Rezound, Droid Charge, and OG Droid
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 1,699
Thanked 1,437 Times in 820 Posts
Default

This thread belongs in the Verizon rooting subforum. You can flag your own post to request an admin move it there for you. Good luck!
__________________
Veni, Vidi, Droidi!
BlueBiker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBiker View Post
This thread belongs in the Verizon rooting subforum. You can flag your own post to request an admin move it there for you. Good luck!
How?
Zabrak999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BlueBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,533
 
Device(s): Note 3; formerly Rezound, Droid Charge, and OG Droid
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 1,699
Thanked 1,437 Times in 820 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabrak999 View Post
How?
If you're viewing this forum in a web browser there should be a triangular sign shaped "Report Post" button on the left where you can flag the post to an admin, add a message like "Please move this thread to the Note 3's Verizon rooting forum." I'm not sure if the same button is in the Android Forums mobile app.
BlueBiker is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueBiker For This Useful Post:
Mikestony (December 1st, 2013)
Old December 1st, 2013, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

You tried flashing De la vega MI9 root over MJ7 (current firmware).. This causes a softbrick.. secure check fail because you cant go backwards once you update.. the condition youre in now.

Download the .pit file from this link and and use that and the MJ7 odin file to flash back to stock...
[GUIDE] VZW Note III Edition[Return to Stock or recover from a Soft Brick and More] - xda-developers

Only way to root MJ7 currently is with Kingo.. look in The_Chief's guide for links.

Let this be a notice- Don't flash older firmware files over newer ones unless you want this to happen!
__________________
"Executing Sudo Command"
William T Riker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
You tried flashing De la vega MI9 root over MJ7 (current firmware).. This causes a softbrick.. secure check fail because you cant go backwards once you update.. the condition youre in now.

Download the .pit file from this link and and use that and the MJ7 odin file to flash back to stock...
[GUIDE] VZW Note III Edition[Return to Stock or recover from a Soft Brick and More] - xda-developers

Only way to root MJ7 currently is with Kingo.. look in The_Chief's guide for links.

Let this be a notice- Don't flash older firmware files over newer ones unless you want this to happen!
Ah okay interesting. I must say though, I asked this on another forum (to fetch more replies), and a user suggested I download this:

HLTE_USA_VZW_32G.pit | by BeansTown106 for Galaxy Note 3

to fix it


Should I download and use both?
Zabrak999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 04:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

That is the .pit file, and that was me that linked you to that- yes if you want to unbrick your phone
William T Riker is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William T Riker For This Useful Post:
BlueBiker (December 1st, 2013)
Old December 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
That is the .pit file, and that was me that linked you to that- yes if you want to unbrick your phone

LOL WHAT. Holy ****, nice. Amazing coincidence

okay well anyway..Hmm anyway if I properly root the phone with that MJ7 link...Wouldn't that immediately restart (and unbrick) my phone?

In other words, I'm still able to hold the home button, the power putton, and volume down to go into the rooting mode. If I were to use Kingo and use that MJ7 file and properly root that, that would unbrick my phone, right?

I suppose I'll find out after this is done downloading.
Zabrak999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

NO, you dont use kingo thru download mode. MI9's root method was the one that did this kingo you use while hooked up thru debugging, the only thing you should flash thru download mode in odin is the pit file by itself, or with the MJ7 tar thru AP.. otherwise you risk making your situation worse or you may hard-brick it! Also you use Kingo after the fact, flashing the stock files only returns you to stock, it does not give root
William T Riker is offline  
Last edited by William T Riker; December 1st, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,959
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,486
Thanked 6,921 Times in 3,277 Posts
Default

Zabrak, this is NOT a race. Take your time and understand what you're doing and what you're about to do. William is right: you don't want to make a bad situation worse. If your phone is down, remove the battery to save energy for fixing it.

Read up on Odin and get the MJ7 .tar file. Understand what you're doing and ask questions BEFORE you do it. Then once you're back to normal, you can use my Guide to root and do whatever to it.

Good luck!

__________________



If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The_Chief is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
MrClean (December 3rd, 2013), ryancmatchett (December 1st, 2013)
sponsored links
Old December 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
NO, you dont use kingo thru download mode. MI9's root method was the one that did this kingo you use while hooked up thru debugging, the only thing you should flash thru download mode in odin is the pit file by itself, or with the MJ7 tar thru AP.. otherwise you risk making your situation worse or you may hard-brick it! Also you use Kingo after the fact, flashing the stock files only returns you to stock, it does not give root
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Zabrak, this is NOT a race. Take your time and understand what you're doing and what you're about to do. William is right: you don't want to make a bad situation worse. If your phone is down, remove the battery to save energy for fixing it.

Read up on Odin and get the MJ7 .tar file. Understand what you're doing and ask questions BEFORE you do it. Then once you're back to normal, you can use my Guide to root and do whatever to it.

Good luck!


okay I downloaded the MJ7 file, then tried to use Odin with it, and got this error:

http://i.imgur.com/HLJmHnA.png?1


as you can see in the message box, it says:

MD5 hash value is invalid

Anybody know what this means?


EDIT: I googled the error, and got this page:

http://donandroid.com/fix-odin-md5-hash-value-is-invalid-error-1060

can anybody check out this page, and help me decipher what's going on?

Filename is:

N900VVRUBMJ7_N900VVZWMJ7_N900VVRUBMJ7_HOME.tar.md5



EDIT 2:

okay, apparently the uploader added that ".md5" at the end of the filename, which, as the link above mentioned, I should re-name with a ".tar" at the end




ANYWAY people, after I go ahead and do this, I'll check to see if it'll work properly (if it's not bricked or what have you), will get back to you guys once it's done
Zabrak999 is offline  
Last edited by Zabrak999; December 1st, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 05:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Did you try flashing just the .pit file alone in the PIT box before trying both? Try that first you should only need to use both if you are really hosed

Looks like a bad download maybe

** Dude before you flash anything just flash the .pit alone and see if that unbricks you. Dont worry about the tar unless that fails first because doing that it will set it back to how it was out the box at least if the .pit flash works all your data should still be there
William T Riker is offline  
Last edited by William T Riker; December 1st, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 05:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
Did you try flashing just the .pit file alone in the PIT box before trying both? Try that first you should only need to use both if you are really hosed

Looks like a bad download maybe

** Dude before you flash anything just flash the .pit alone and see if that unbricks you. Dont worry about the tar unless that fails first because doing that it will set it back to how it was out the box at least if the .pit flash works all your data should still be there
yeah I edited an update in my latest post above, just had to re-name the filename.

Anyway I figured I'll start with the MJ7 file before I flash the .pit

however, It just stopped mid way and I was met with this error message:

http://i.imgur.com/U3PpDL3.png?1

So i'll start again, this time by flashing it first


EDIT: should I solely flash it first with that .PIT, and then start again through AP? or, should my screen look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/67HhRvR.png?1
Zabrak999 is offline  
Last edited by Zabrak999; December 1st, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 05:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabrak999 View Post
yeah I edited an update in my latest post above, just had to re-name the filename.

Anyway I figured I'll start with the MJ7 file before I flash the .pit

however, It just stopped mid way and I was met with this error message:

http://i.imgur.com/U3PpDL3.png?1

So i'll start again, this time by flashing it first
Again.. just click the PIT box and navigate to where you saved the .pit file and select it alone then click Start- Report back what happens... dont worry about the tar just yet! If that fails then worry about getting the tar working


** YES solely flash it first with that .PIT, nothing in AP slot
William T Riker is offline  
Last edited by William T Riker; December 1st, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 06:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
Again.. just click the PIT box and navigate to where you saved the .pit file and select it alone then click Start- Report back what happens... dont worry about the tar just yet! If that fails then worry about getting the tar working


** YES solely flash it first with that .PIT, nothing in AP slot

Okay I'm in the menu right now, here are my options:

http://i.imgur.com/ufgZ19G.jpg?1

I clicked on Reboot System Now, and it took me back to the main menu...Should I do a factory reset? I won't choose an option until I get a reply back, to not screw anything up.
Zabrak999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 06:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Did this occur after you flashed the .pit? It should reset and boot why are you in the recovery mode? You should have been in download mode to flash, the one with the Android that says DOWNLOAD (Vol down+home button+power)
William T Riker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 06:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
Did this occur after you flashed the .pit? It should reset and boot why are you in the recovery mode? You should have been in download mode to flash, the one with the Android that says DOWNLOAD (Vol down+home button+power)
Yeah, I went to download mode, connected the phone to the computer, and flashed the .PIT


once flashed, it automatically went into Recovery Mode.

Once there, I clicked on Reboot System Now, and it still took me back to Recovery Mode

I pulled the battery, and tried powering the phone, and it went into Recovery Mode as well...

Should I just to a factory reset? Everything on my phone is saved to my computer
Zabrak999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabrak999 View Post
Yeah, I went to download mode, connected the phone to the computer, and flashed the .PIT


once flashed, it automatically went into Recovery Mode.

Once there, I clicked on Reboot System Now, and it still took me back to Recovery Mode

I pulled the battery, and tried powering the phone, and it went into Recovery Mode as well...

Should I just to a factory reset? Everything on my phone is saved to my computer
Wouldn't hurt, if that doesnt work, battery pull and put it back into download mode .. redownload the MJ7 odin file you shouldnt have to rename anything the file name should be N900VVRUBMJ7_N900VVZWMJ7_N900VVRUBMJ7_HOME.tar.md5 size 2.13GB.

It should look like you have it in this picture http://i.imgur.com/67HhRvR.png?1
except in the AP box it shouldnt be .tar.tar it should be .tar.md5 ..shouldnt give any error when you load it into AP if it downloaded ok flash both and it should reboot you back to complete stock


** I uploaded a picture of what my odin looks like if I were to put mine back to stock. As you can see comparing to your pic it looks like your binary size is wrong, yours says 1401 whereas it should be 2183.4MB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bts.jpg (229.6 KB, 12 views)
William T Riker is offline  
Last edited by William T Riker; December 1st, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
Wouldn't hurt, if that doesnt work, battery pull and put it back into download mode .. redownload the MJ7 odin file you shouldnt have to rename anything the file name should be N900VVRUBMJ7_N900VVZWMJ7_N900VVRUBMJ7_HOME.tar.md5 size 2.13GB.

It should look like you have it in this picture http://i.imgur.com/67HhRvR.png?1
except in the AP box it shouldnt be .tar.tar it should be .tar.md5 ..shouldnt give any error when you load it into AP if it downloaded ok flash both and it should reboot you back to complete stock
Right, it won't let load it into AP when it's titled with .md5 at the end

indeed, on this page:


it suggests that I remove .md5 and title it .tar


however when I tried loading hte renamed .tar file, it'll load for a long while, and then it'll fail:


http://i.imgur.com/eDOt1IY.png?1


as you can see, it'll say that it failed, however it won't exactly say why it did in the message box
Zabrak999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

You shouldn't have to rename anything, see the picture I posted above. Redownload the file, it looks like the one you tried didnt complete, as the binary size only says 1401, it should be 2.13GB (2183.4 in binary size)
William T Riker is offline  
Last edited by William T Riker; December 1st, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
Wouldn't hurt, if that doesnt work, battery pull and put it back into download mode .. redownload the MJ7 odin file you shouldnt have to rename anything the file name should be N900VVRUBMJ7_N900VVZWMJ7_N900VVRUBMJ7_HOME.tar.md5 size 2.13GB.

It should look like you have it in this picture http://i.imgur.com/67HhRvR.png?1
except in the AP box it shouldnt be .tar.tar it should be .tar.md5 ..shouldnt give any error when you load it into AP if it downloaded ok flash both and it should reboot you back to complete stock


** I uploaded a picture of what my odin looks like if I were to put mine back to stock. As you can see comparing to your pic it looks like your binary size is wrong, yours says 1401 whereas it should be 2183.4MB

Ahhh yes okay, it does say my binary is invalid, when I load my file..Which is odd, because it's the EXACT file that you gave me..

anyway, do you know how I can change the binary? it looks like this is all i need to do..




EDIT: Oh no, I actually forgot...

in the link you gave me earlier, this one:

File Contents of evs/Hashcode0f/note3/hltevzw - theCF Hosting

when I click on the file, it'll take me to a page and i'll be met with this:

http://i.imgur.com/vkm9BsP.png?1

as a result, I had to google that filename, and I downloaded this one:

N900VVRUBMJ7_N900VVZWMJ7_N900VVRUBMJ7_HOME.tar.md5 | by jsdecker10@gmail.com for Galaxy Note 3

which has the invalid binary


anyway, if the link you gave me earlier doesn't work..Would you be willing to upload the file?
Zabrak999 is offline  
Last edited by Zabrak999; December 1st, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Redownload the file again from here:

File Contents of evs/Hashcode0f/note3/hltevzw - theCF Hosting

Dont rename or change anything!!! Just download it and then load it into AP if you got the whole file and nothings wrong it should load just as it did in my picture
William T Riker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Heres a backup link

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B26pk_eeJ6EbaXBlcGxxODREVlk/edit
William T Riker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
Got it, downloading now. Will give an update in about 30 minutes to an hour, but before I leave for a bit...

Why did we all go through these hoops, instead of just doing this, the first time around?

How to easily root an Android device | How To - CNET
Zabrak999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zabrak999 For This Useful Post:
ryancmatchett (December 1st, 2013)
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
William T Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 474
 
Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 128 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Exactly hopefully you learned the lesson - DONT FLASH ANYTHING MI9,DE LA VEGA or MI9 tar ONCE ON MJ7.
William T Riker is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William T Riker For This Useful Post:
ryancmatchett (December 1st, 2013)
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William T Riker View Post
Exactly hopefully you learned the lesson - DONT FLASH ANYTHING MI9,DE LA VEGA or MI9 tar ONCE ON MJ7.
Alright done

But anyway yeah, would this just have worked:

How to easily root an Android device | How To - CNET

like, no youtube tutorials, no xda tutorials, or anything..But rather just that quick CNET thing with kingo?
Zabrak999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
ryancmatchett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,118
 
Device(s): VZW Note 3 Retired: LTE Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid and BB Perl
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 2,195
Thanked 708 Times in 458 Posts
ryancmatchett@gmail.com
Default

Now that you've got root, make sure to install SuperSU from the Play store... And enjoy.
Glad it worked out for you.
You can check the guide here...
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=801070

For more info now that it's rooted. There are several Roms available with safestrap installed as well.

Have fun!
__________________
Site Rules & Guidlines // Android Forums FAQ
If someone helped, hit Thanks! If you see Spam or need staff Guidance, hit Report!
ryancmatchett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2013, 04:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,959
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,486
Thanked 6,921 Times in 3,277 Posts
Default

Congratulations on reviving your phone!
The_Chief is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > (Verizon) Galaxy Note 3 - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.