Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Verizon

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By euph_22

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So. East FL & Long Island
Posts: 216
 
Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default Letter to VZW's Daniel S. Mead

6/26/12


Daniel S. Mead & Executive Team
President and CEO
Verizon Wireless
1 Verizon Way
Basking Ridge NJ 07920-1025


Dear Mr. Mead & Verizon Executive Team,


I was eligible to get a new phone from VZW back in July of 2011. When I saw the Samsung Note, I knew that was the phone for me. So, I waited and waited and Verizon never said a word about when or if you were getting the phone.



Now I have to buy a phone by Thursday or I lose my unlimited data plan and yet still no word about the Note. You can't be that clueless that many people want it and there is a big market for a phone that size and so easy to read.


I saw the S3 on Saturday in Time Square and I didn't like it, too narrow. It's as narrow as my Blackberry Storm but just as long as the Note. Because of the S3's length it can still fall out of shallow pockets, like the Note can, but the Note has the extra width that might keep the phone from falling out.



I don't text with one hand so why would I need a phone that is harder to read than the Note and the S3 was not easy to read for a phone that size. I think, once many consumers decide to go longer with a larger phone, a large part of those people would also go wider if it meant the screen would be easier to read, albeit a drop slower.



Feeling pressured by the unlimited data plan sun-setting is not really fair to those of us waiting so long for the Note or a phone like it. Even T-Mobile is getting it and Verizon doesn't have the decency to tell us whether or not you'll be carrying the phone?



So, I decided to wait and not renew and not buy the S3, a phone that I don't care for. I'll probably get a Note or Note 2 from ATT because your company is impossible about providing information so that we can make informed decisions that affect the next 2 years. By then ATT will probably have LTE service where I need it and Goodbye Verizon.



It would have been fair and appropriate to allow anyone qualifying for an updated phone, to be able to wait to get a phone they want rather than a phone you want us to buy. NONE of the new crop of phones compares at all with the Note. Either they don't have interchangeable batteries, no SD cards or they're smaller. Most people who wear suits have no problem putting it in their inside pocket. It fits in most trouser pants and almost all pocketbooks. Plus, there are millions of baby boomers who want a larger phone that they can actually read from and on which they can use the internet. The S3 and all the others are too small for surfing the web for baby boomers. Good marketing job! Hopefully, one of your people will get this posting to you.



DLCPA

Advertisements
dlcpa is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wolverine Lake, MI
Posts: 1,154
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 173
Thanked 178 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Lololololol. I can read just find on my maxx. Maybe you need glasses? Maybe Verizon never has intentions of getting the note? You can't be mad at them for that. You just assumed that they would make an announcement about it and noe you're mad that they didn't.
carracerz14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So. East FL & Long Island
Posts: 216
 
Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
Maybe Verizon never has intentions of getting the note? You can't be mad at them for that. You just assumed that they would make an announcement about it and noe you're mad that they didn't.
VZW is a business and they and ATT and all the carriers don't have an ounce of sympathy for it's customers. Communications companies are like utilities, you just have to pay and have no recourse.

VZW knew how long we've all been waiting and they are giving up on a large potential customer base. Don't assume all businessmen are smart. The idiots at Microsoft introduced WP 7.0 and 7.5 without any regard for the people who wanted great connectivity and features from the Windows Office Suite programs. These morons decided it wasn't important and they lost a big customer bases that came from WM 6.0. Perhaps the ole idea to give the customers what they want really works.

As far as the Maxx, it's too small for a lot of reading and it has a permanent battery so if you forget to charge the phone at night, you're out of luck. I will say it ran very smoothly at the Verizon store under 4G LTE. However, Motorola gave the customer what it wanted to give rather than what customers want, swappable batteries.
dlcpa is offline  
Last edited by OfTheDamned; June 26th, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Friendly Undead
 
OfTheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 9,696
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3,714
Thanked 8,839 Times in 3,067 Posts
Default

Verizon has halted the release of just about any phone until after the data plan change. They do not want people staying on unlimited data. As a business move, it isn't a bad one for them. It forces anyone waiting for a specific phone to change to the new plans.

As far as the Note goes, I've seen nothing that says Verizon ever plans to get it. Overall they like their Droid line and push that more than anything else. If you don't like the plans or the phones they are offering then it probably is time for you to pick another carrier.

BTW, I'm moving this to the Verizon forum.
__________________
Site Rules and Guidelines - Learn them, live them and love them.

Does a post have your blood boiling? Make a instead of a retort.
OfTheDamned is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OfTheDamned For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (June 26th, 2012), suXor (June 29th, 2012)
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 296
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Default

No offense but he won't give it a second thought...probably won't even read it. The only small rumor is that Verizon might get an HTC Note-like phone. That rumor might have zero basis to it though.
Cares is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Gender: Male
Posts: 889
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2 iPhones 5's
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 57
Thanked 116 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
Lololololol. I can read just find on my maxx. Maybe you need glasses? Maybe Verizon never has intentions of getting the note? You can't be mad at them for that. You just assumed that they would make an announcement about it and noe you're mad that they didn't.
I think you're 100% correct carracerz14. I don't think any of the carriers are in the habbit of issuing press releases regarding phones they will NOT be releasing.

Best of luck to all of us when upgrading our phones,
__________________
Dirk
The government can't give you anything until it first takes it from someone else!
dirkbonn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wolverine Lake, MI
Posts: 1,154
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 173
Thanked 178 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcpa View Post

As far as the Maxx, it's too small for a lot of reading and it has a permanent battery so if you forget to charge the phone at night, you're out of luck. I will say it ran very smoothly at the Verizon store under 4G LTE. However, Motorola gave the customer what it wanted to give rather than what customers want, swappable batteries.
I have never heard of anyone having any trouble reading anything on the maxx, or any other 4.3 inch phone. It is plenty bug enough. And if i don't charge my battery at night, then oh well. Because I can still go the entire next day with out charging anyway.
carracerz14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carracerz14 For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (June 26th, 2012)
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Codec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 440
 
Device(s): Google Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Default

how can the GS3 be to small for surfing the web? that's like the biggest phone they have
Codec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 437
 
Device(s): VZN Moto X DE Nexus 7 '13
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 58 Times in 43 Posts
Default

I think you're the first person I've seen complain that the S3 is too small!

I think the Note sized phone are more of a niche market than mainstream. Remember the Del Streak? It was going to be the business man's phone, but didn't take hold either.

The S3 is about as big as I want to go for a phone. I have a laptop and a Touchpad if I need a bigger screen.
svensett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensett View Post
I think you're the first person I've seen complain that the S3 is too small!

I think the Note sized phone are more of a niche market than mainstream. Remember the Del Streak? It was going to be the business man's phone, but didn't take hold either.

The S3 is about as big as I want to go for a phone. I have a laptop and a Touchpad if I need a bigger screen.
I like to say that the Note is the WORST of both a Tablet and a Phone. It's far too big to be a good phone for most people, and far too small to be a good tablet. I might be exactly what some people like the OP want, but it will never be a mainstream device.

Oh, and as for the letter. That is a discordant mess that is far to long, way too unfocused, and mostly way beyond Daniel S. Mead of Verizon's interest. He doesn't need to know what you like the Note so much or don't like the Galaxy S3.

Quote:
I saw the S3 on Saturday in Time Square and I didn't like it, too narrow. It's as narrow as my Blackberry Storm but just as long as the Note. Because of the S3's length it can still fall out of shallow pockets, like the Note can, but the Note has the extra width that might keep the phone from falling out.
Why would the CEO of a company with $28Billion in revenue last quarter care about this?




He should care that you're not happy about the current phone choices, not happy that there has been no announcement either way about the Note (or a note-like phone) coming to verizon, not happy about the deadline for losing the unlimited data, and are taking your business elsewhere. You would have been better served with a shorter letter that had a laser-like focus on those key points. This is definitely a situation where less is more.
euph_22 is offline  
Last edited by euph_22; June 26th, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 458
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 7, Droid DNA
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 132 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Euph22, I agree with everything you said, except the part about the note not being a mainstream device. They've sold over 7 million units to date, and expect to sell over ten million by the end of the year. Not bad for only being available in limited markets. If the rumored note 2 comes to Verizon, i will be selling my s3 on craigslist and buying it unsubsidized.
rivera02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivera02 View Post
Euph22, I agree with everything you said, except the part about the note not being a mainstream device. They've sold over 7 million units to date, and expect to sell over ten million by the end of the year. Not bad for only being available in limited markets. If the rumored note 2 comes to Verizon, i will be selling my s3 on craigslist and buying it unsubsidized.
Don't confuse mainstream with popular/successful. Just because something isn't mainstream, that is something the average consumer would buy, doesn't mean that there isn't a market. And at the moment the only player in the Phablet market is the Note. And that market is large enough, no pun intended, that it will probably support some competition (especially since if you build a larger version of one of your normal phones, you don't need to spend alot on R&D). But I really don't expect the market for Phablets is much larger then that 10 million or so.

Oh, and the Galaxy SII has sold over 24 Million phones thus far.
euph_22 is offline  
Last edited by euph_22; June 27th, 2012 at 12:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 458
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 7, Droid DNA
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 132 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Ten million devices sold is a huge number in the android world. Definitely more than just a niche market. The galaxy s2, like the s3, was sold worldwide in many more markets than the note. I'm sure if you told HTC or Motorola that they would sell 10 units of any of their phones, they would say yes please. Samsung thought the note was mainstream enough to run a minute and a half super bowl commercial to promote it.
rivera02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 622
 
Device(s): Droid X @ 1.3GHz UV
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 54 Times in 50 Posts
Default

So.. you're mad that they aren't releasing, and may never release, a particular phone on another carrier that YOU want? And you're mad that they are making a business move to remove unlimited data plans with how the data market is growing?

It sounds like you should simply take your business elsewhere.
rehpyc is offline  
Last edited by OfTheDamned; June 27th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): RIP Droid Incredible Droid 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Letters like this usually don't go anywhere because there is too much emotion involved. The fact that the OP jumps from a rant about VZW not offering the Galaxy Note to the loss of unlimited data to his dislike of the S3 back to the Galaxy Note makes him seem angry, disjointed, maybe even a little crazy. If you're upset about a certain phone not being available on carrier X then the solution to that problem is to go to carrier Y. If you're upset about the loss of unlimited data then you're pretty much SOL as the entire industry is going in this direction. The next time you're thinking about writing a letter to the CEO of any company, sleep on it, keep the emotions checked, and stick to logic so you can at least sound intelligent before s/he hits the delete button.
live311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So. East FL & Long Island
Posts: 216
 
Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live311 View Post
Letters like this usually don't go anywhere because there is too much emotion involved. The fact that the OP jumps from a rant about VZW not offering the Galaxy Note to the loss of unlimited data to his dislike of the S3 back to the Galaxy Note makes him seem angry, disjointed, maybe even a little crazy. If you're upset about a certain phone not being available on carrier X then the solution to that problem is to go to carrier Y. If you're upset about the loss of unlimited data then you're pretty much SOL as the entire industry is going in this direction. The next time you're thinking about writing a letter to the CEO of any company, sleep on it, keep the emotions checked, and stick to logic so you can at least sound intelligent before s/he hits the delete button.
Letters like this do go far, especially when you question the judgment of management. Certainly, I can take my business elsewhere and that $400 for two phones won't lift any eye lids but examine the particulars for a second of the overall mgmt decision.

How many different kinds of phones are out there right now. One is 4.2, one is 4.3 or 4.4. One has a permanent battery and one doesn't. One has 1 GB of memory and another may have 2GB. One has Amoled and others Amoled+. One has an 8mp camera and one was a 9 mp camera. One has a little better sensor than others. However, the Note is so hugely different than everything else/. What kind of management cannot see that? Are they willing to give that up even though their network blows the competition away and would fit perfectly for this phone?

You can say what you want about the $125 billion company (VZ) but I think VZW ignoring the Note was shortsighted. Perhaps they will come out with the Note2 in a month or so and I'll get it or perhaps ATT gets LTE in South Florida and many other places and help make VZW management pay for their decisions. Do they care, of course not because their golden parachutes are more important to them than their company's success. How smart was Detroit in the 70s and 80s when the multi millionaire CEOs took good care of themselves but let their industry die.

I have no doubt that if ATT had more LTE coverage they'd blow Verizon away with that certain segment that has no trouble with a larger phone. I felt a little frustrated because of the ending of the unlimited data plan but now I don't believe it will make that much of a difference for me now and by the time it would, Verizon will get rid of all of them.

dlcpa
dlcpa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 437
 
Device(s): VZN Moto X DE Nexus 7 '13
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 58 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Here's another spin on this. It might not even be VZNs fault. Has Samsung actually made a CDMA version of the Note? There were rumors of the Journal, but was that speculation or is this out there? Maybe Samsung made the GSM version to test the waters and the next version will be available on both systems.
svensett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So. East FL & Long Island
Posts: 216
 
Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensett View Post
Here's another spin on this. It might not even be VZNs fault. Has Samsung actually made a CDMA version of the Note? There were rumors of the Journal, but was that speculation or is this out there? Maybe Samsung made the GSM version to test the waters and the next version will be available on both systems.
That would make them even more clueless. If that were the case, they should have leaked it so as not to seen as nasty SOBs.
dlcpa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcpa View Post
That would make them even more clueless. If that were the case, they should have leaked it so as not to seen as nasty SOBs.
There is no upside to telling everybody what phones you WON'T be carrying. Besides making themselves look more open and honest (which will almost certainly do NOTHING for their balance sheet), how would him announcing that they weren't planning on selling the Note help his business?
euph_22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Friendly Undead
 
OfTheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 9,696
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3,714
Thanked 8,839 Times in 3,067 Posts
Default

When I read over your posts it really comes across as though you are taking this very personal. There are a lot of phones that Verizon doesn't carry. The HTC One X, EVO Lte, 99% of the Windows Mobile phones, etc. They also carry phones that others don't like the Razr, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Rhyme, etc. When the original iPhone came out you had to switch to At&t to get it. This happens all the time. Carriers and manufacturers reach a deal and decide which phones they will carry. Sometimes the carrier you are on gets an amazing phone that everyone else does and sometimes they don't.
OfTheDamned is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So. East FL & Long Island
Posts: 216
 
Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
I like to say that the Note is the WORST of both a Tablet and a Phone. It's far too big to be a good phone for most people, and far too small to be a good tablet. I might be exactly what some people like the OP want, but it will never be a mainstream device.

Oh, and as for the letter. That is a discordant mess that is far to long, way too unfocused, and mostly way beyond Daniel S. Mead of Verizon's interest. He doesn't need to know what you like the Note so much or don't like the Galaxy S3.



Why would the CEO of a company with $28Billion in revenue last quarter care about this?




He should care that you're not happy about the current phone choices, not happy that there has been no announcement either way about the Note (or a note-like phone) coming to verizon, not happy about the deadline for losing the unlimited data, and are taking your business elsewhere. You would have been better served with a shorter letter that had a laser-like focus on those key points. This is definitely a situation where less is more.
Euph, unlike rivera, I don't agree with anything you wrote but that's why we're all here and that's good. Do you have any idea how many people didn't buy the Note because it was on ATT? In a 4G LTE world, most towns are at least a year away.

Miami, West Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Portland, Denver, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Long Island, Boca Raton, Charleston, Ann Arbor, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Louisville, New Orleans, Richmond, etc etc etc have no LTE on ATT but does on Verizon. This is what the 4G LTE Note is up against.

I don't know your background and how much you know about business but I am a CPA/Forensic Accountant and I do business valuations and evaluations. I'm only mentioning this because for a young kid with great eyes and in school the S3 is enough and maybe a little better for gaming because it's a little faster than the Note. For people in business, it's mixed but I can tell you many people would prefer the Note of the S3. I was surprised myself when my friend who is a neuro-psychologist and a female told me how much she loved her Dell Streak. An internist I know was a devout IPhone user until he saw the Note and showed me how much easier it is to read patient records on it than on a small phone. Other people like to read on the Note, do inventory on the Note, use the Note as a GPS, etc. There are so many things the Note does better than the S3 and for those who have big pockets and who don't want to carry around a tablet, the Note is perfect. Maybe not for you but for many it is. Just think about all the uses..it's endless.

If you are getting an S3 I wish you all the luck in the world with it and hope it's exactly what you need. I didn't go to the VZW store tonight because it's not what I want.

dlcpa
dlcpa is offline  
Last edited by OfTheDamned; June 27th, 2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Let's leave the politics out of this.
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcpa View Post
Euph, unlike rivera, I don't agree with anything you wrote but that's why we're all here and that's good. Do you have any idea how many people didn't buy the Note because it was on ATT? In a 4G LTE world, most towns are at least a year away.
Do you have any idea how many people didn't buy the Note because it was on ATT? Really, do you? Can you give me a number supported by market research, or any quantitative backing?

You're a CPA. You certainly know, like I do as an Applied Mathematician, that anecdotes aren't evidence (certainly not quantitatively useful evidence). (This is just a rhetorical response. I actually have little to no interest in discussing the market feasibility of Samsung building a CDMA Note or Verizon selling it. And we have nowhere near enough data to have a meaningful analysis)

And everybody on here wishes that every device was available on every network. We all want you to have your Verizon Note. It's just not possible for the time being, no one on here has the power to make it possible (atleast in the short term). And nobody on here is responsible for deciding what versions of the Note Samsung will make or what phones Verizon will sell. You can stop pushing so hard.
rivera02 and dirkbonn like this.
euph_22 is offline  
Last edited by euph_22; June 28th, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to euph_22 For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (June 28th, 2012)
Old June 28th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So. East FL & Long Island
Posts: 216
 
Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default To: Mr. Mead and Euph

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
Do you have any idea how many people didn't buy the Note because it was on ATT? Really, do you? Can you give me a number supported by market research, or any quantitative backing?

You're a CPA. You certainly know, like I do as an Applied Mathematician, that anecdotes aren't evidence (certainly not quantitatively useful evidence). (This is just a rhetorical response. I actually have little to no interest in discussing the market feasibility of Samsung building a CDMA Note or Verizon selling it. And we have nowhere near enough data to have a meaningful analysis)

And everybody on here wishes that every device was available on every network. We all want you to have your Verizon Note. It's just not possible for the time being, no one on here has the power to make it possible (atleast in the short term). And nobody on here is responsible for deciding what versions of the Note Samsung will make or what phones Verizon will sell. You can stop pushing so hard.
Anything I would say would be totally subject however, here is a very interesting Poll taken on Facebook. It is entitled if there could only be 1

Note 10,341
S3 17,541

NOTE is available on one Carrier w/ very limited 4G LTE
S3 available on all the big 4 with VZW's huge 4G LTE network.

It's a shame the geniuses at Verizon can't understand that. Maybe they were too busy negotiating their golden parachutes.

You have to draw your own conclusions. It's been obvious to me since Sept 2011 that Note had a huge following, too bad the Executive Team from Verizon Wireless wasn't reading what so many of us knew.
dlcpa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Resident Ninja
 
VoidedSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,193
 
Device(s): LG G3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,291
Thanked 2,166 Times in 1,377 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfTheDamned View Post
There are a lot of phones that Verizon doesn't carry. The HTC One X, EVO Lte, 99% of the Windows Mobile phones, etc. They also carry phones that others don't like the Razr, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Rhyme, etc. Carriers and manufacturers reach a deal and decide which phones they will carry. Sometimes the carrier you are on gets an amazing phone that everyone else does and sometimes they don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcpa View Post
Anything I would say would be totally subject however, here is a very interesting Poll taken on Facebook. It is entitled if there could only be 1

Note 10,341
S3 17,541

NOTE is available on one Carrier w/ very limited 4G LTE
S3 available on all the big 4 with VZW's huge 4G LTE network.

It's a shame the geniuses at Verizon can't understand that. Maybe they were too busy negotiating their golden parachutes.

You have to draw your own conclusions. It's been obvious to me since Sept 2011 that Note had a huge following, too bad the Executive Team from Verizon Wireless wasn't reading what so many of us knew.

OTD's response should be your answer, i also saw in one of the previous posts, and they stated does smasung even make a cdma galaxy note? its not all verizon's fault you have to take into consideration about samsung, and the phones they make.
VoidedSaint is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Gender: Male
Posts: 889
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2 iPhones 5's
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 57
Thanked 116 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcpa View Post
6/26/12


Daniel S. Mead & Executive Team
President and CEO
Verizon Wireless
1 Verizon Way
Basking Ridge NJ 07920-1025


Dear Mr. Mead & Verizon Executive Team,


I was eligible to get a new phone from VZW back in July of 2011. When I saw the Samsung Note, I knew that was the phone for me. So, I waited and waited and Verizon never said a word about when or if you were getting the phone.
Like posters have said before, Verizon is not in the habbit of announcing phones they will NOT be carrying.


Now I have to buy a phone by Thursday or I lose my unlimited data plan and yet still no word about the Note. You can't be that clueless that many people want it and there is a big market for a phone that size and so easy to read.
No you don't. Do nothing and you keep your unlimited data.


I saw the S3 on Saturday in Time Square and I didn't like it, too narrow. It's as narrow as my Blackberry Storm but just as long as the Note. Because of the S3's length it can still fall out of shallow pockets, like the Note can, but the Note has the extra width that might keep the phone from falling out.
Now you've switched topics and are complaining about the size of the S3 which Verizon has nothing to do with. SamSung made the phone.


I don't text with one hand so why would I need a phone that is harder to read than the Note and the S3 was not easy to read for a phone that size. I think, once many consumers decide to go longer with a larger phone, a large part of those people would also go wider if it meant the screen would be easier to read, albeit a drop slower.
More complaining about the S3, which again is a SamSung issue.


Feeling pressured by the unlimited data plan sun-setting is not really fair to those of us waiting so long for the Note or a phone like it. Even T-Mobile is getting it and Verizon doesn't have the decency to tell us whether or not you'll be carrying the phone?
Again with asking Verizon to announce which phone they will NOT be carrying.


So, I decided to wait and not renew and not buy the S3, a phone that I don't care for. I'll probably get a Note or Note 2 from ATT because your company is impossible about providing information so that we can make informed decisions that affect the next 2 years. By then ATT will probably have LTE service where I need it and Goodbye Verizon.
After complaing about Verizon not announcing whether or not they will be getting the Note, you have deciced to inform them that you will be leaving Verizon. What is Mr Meads incentive to asist someone who has already decided he will no longer be his customer?


It would have been fair and appropriate to allow anyone qualifying for an updated phone, to be able to wait to get a phone they want rather than a phone you want us to buy. NONE of the new crop of phones compares at all with the Note. Either they don't have interchangeable batteries, no SD cards or they're smaller. Most people who wear suits have no problem putting it in their inside pocket. It fits in most trouser pants and almost all pocketbooks. Plus, there are millions of baby boomers who want a larger phone that they can actually read from and on which they can use the internet. The S3 and all the others are too small for surfing the web for baby boomers. Good marketing job! Hopefully, one of your people will get this posting to you.
For a CPA who graduated college, and must have had a class in english composition, this letter does ramble and switch topics and then return to the original topic. It's probably best you posted it here and didn't mail it.


DLCPA
__________________________________________

Possibly some good news for you. The Note 2 has entered the rumor mill. It says it has LTE connectivity so maybe it will come to Verizon. Here's a link,

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 could be launched in September Unwired View

Best of luck to you in your quest to get the phone you desire, (seriously, I do mean that)
dirkbonn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So. East FL & Long Island
Posts: 216
 
Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkbonn View Post
__________________________________________

Possibly some good news for you. The Note 2 has entered the rumor mill. It says it has LTE connectivity so maybe it will come to Verizon. Here's a link,

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 could be launched in September Unwired View

Best of luck to you in your quest to get the phone you desire, (seriously, I do mean that)
Dirk,

I agree, I could have created a better letter but who has the time. Forums are for venting but also to make people aware of things.

It's possible that Samsung never made a Note capable for VZW's network but I feel, either VZW didn't ask or if it were true, VZW should have leaked it. However, it doesn't pass the smell test. Samsung makes this incredible and very different LTE phone but doesn't make one for the biggest, by far, LTE carrier. Isn't it possible that VZW "executive team" was inept in not seeing the potential market? I wish someone who knows, by being close to the decision making process, would write something about it. I'm fascinated at how wrong VZW was.

Sometimes we don't have all the facts but many times we deify CEOs and Executive Teams when their heads more into doing for themselves rather than doing for the company or perhaps someone makes it to the top, like a lawyer or CPA, with no background to be there. I can tell you stories!

I don't know anyone at VZW or any of the communications companies, but in my opinion, for whatever that's worth, they totally missed the boat. Lucky for them, there is still time to capture that market before ATT stretches it's LTE Network. Perhaps the Note 2 will do that for VZW.

The S3 discussion was relevant because of the sun-setting of the unlimited data plan put a possible penalty on waiting for a VZW Note or Note 2. I decided, after seeing, holding and using the S3, albeit a very nice phone, it's not what I've been waiting for since September of 2011, so, I took the penalty.
dlcpa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 437
 
Device(s): VZN Moto X DE Nexus 7 '13
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 26
Thanked 58 Times in 43 Posts
Default

VZN might be big, but GSM is way bigger globally than CDMA... This is the main reason "everyone else" gets more of the "cool" phones...
svensett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensett View Post
VZN might be big, but GSM is way bigger globally than CDMA... This is the main reason "everyone else" gets more of the "cool" phones...

Also Verizon likes to have more control over the devices they sell than the other networks. That is definitely a smaller factor, but it is a factor.
euph_22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 622
 
Device(s): Droid X @ 1.3GHz UV
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 54 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcpa View Post
I agree, I could have created a better letter but who has the time. Forums are for venting but also to make people aware of things.
I literally lol'd in the office over this. You express your credentials and imply the good education you've received, but your letter was simply atrocious. You say "who has the time," yet you've spent a good deal of time in this thread parading around that VZW is the big, bad, dumb wolf that didn't bring you your beloved Note when you have no idea if Samsung had any intentions in making a CDMA version. Furthermore, you neglect to understand that different carriers carry different phones. Do you see VZW with the beloved One X or the incredibly popular Galaxy S2 back when it was released? Do you see other carriers carrying the popular Razr/Razr Maxx?

tldr; you should have written a much better, more coherent letter with the time you've wasted over this thread.
rehpyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GandalfTehGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 846
 
Device(s): Kyocera KX414, LG vx8300, LG Voyager, Droid X Retired, Galaxy Nexus Custom Moto X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 92
Thanked 96 Times in 82 Posts
Default

I've been disappointed with Verizon's selection of phones many times even before smart phones, while it is their choice as to what phones they pursue it would be great if they would have a wishlist page available to the customers. It would help in customer relations a great deal.
__________________
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udn.

How to SBF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0jrXqqiepI
GandalfTehGray is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply
Tags
note, siii, unlimited plan, verizon


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Verizon
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.