Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Verizon

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 431
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default purchased S3 before 28th, activated on Sat, now on shared plan

I had a charge, upgraded on the 21st for S3, bill says unlimited data plan.

Got S3, called vzw to activate as old sim card was too big.

She gets it activated, and tells me that I am now on shared plan.

I asked why, I purchased before 28th. See puts me on hold, comes back and says the only way to activate is to put on shared, and that she will put in service request to change back. Should take a day or 2.

It is now 48 hours, i get a text message saying I am 75% data usage.

So I call vzw, ask about status thinking that they were shining me on, CSR tells me now that it takes 5-7 days for this request to process?

Anybody else have this issue? Is this because I used the new sim? Still, should I believe they are rectifying this? Thanks,

boatman is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
I had a charge, upgraded on the 21st for S3, bill says unlimited data plan.

Got S3, called vzw to activate as old sim card was too big.

She gets it activated, and tells me that I am now on shared plan.

I asked why, I purchased before 28th. See puts me on hold, comes back and says the only way to activate is to put on shared, and that she will put in service request to change back. Should take a day or 2.

It is now 48 hours, i get a text message saying I am 75% data usage.

So I call vzw, ask about status thinking that they were shining me on, CSR tells me now that it takes 5-7 days for this request to process?

Anybody else have this issue? Is this because I used the new sim? Still, should I believe they are rectifying this? Thanks,
Call Back and try a new CSR. Unfortunately some just don't know what they are doing in regards to the Share plan. (other rumor is they are getting hefty commission for switching customers to share plan... But let's keep that as a rumor) you absolutely should have kept unlimited.
__________________
Site Rules & Guidelines
Got some help? Hit Thanks!
See something you like? Hit Like!
See something you hate? Hit Report!
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 622
 
Device(s): Droid X @ 1.3GHz UV
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 54 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Should have done it in a store, as CSRs on the phone can get away with this and give you the run around. The person in the store could have simply deactivated your old sim to let you register the new. The data plan had no bearing.
rehpyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
vr4
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 183
 
Device(s): razr
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

In store csr has no ability to change data plans back to unlimited. I recently went thru this with a razr maxx. Ordered from Costco on the 27th. Order wasnt sent to vzw until the 1st.got put on 2gb plan. Half a dozen phone calls, couple emails, and a fax...finally got unlimited back. I had to prove that i actuality ordered the phone before the 28th because i ordered it from a 3rd party and they didn't place the order until the 1st of July.

Keep calling until you find one willing to help. I've found seattle call center is the most helpful.

After they finally got proof i ordered in time it was just a couple days. Checked online. Still 2gb. Called again and 10 minutes later got it back. She had to find the notes and info from previous calls.
vr4 is offline  
Last edited by vr4; July 17th, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34
 
Device(s): Droid Razr
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I also had to go through this when I purchased a new Rezound for my husband back in April (way before the 6/28 cutoff). We bought it at Best Buy and the rep wrote down that we had unlimited and $20 per month data credit, but she didn't call Verizon when she activated it. I didn't notice until about a week later when the bill came. We did get both back, but it took about 2 weeks because the request has to go to an outside group to activate the old code.
lmarine6523 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 431
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Ok. good to know that you did get it resolved. I have the emails from when I purchased the upgrade that says , 'unlimited data plan' so I can prove it.

So it really does take time to correct? Odd, because I think if I called an wanted to change to the shared data plan, they can do that before I get off the phone with them.
boatman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
K4KAI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 128
 
Device(s): DROID RAZR MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 77
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Something similar happened to me. I called CSR right away and they, too told me it would take a couple of days to be changed back. It actually took more like 2 weeks, but it did get changed back, and without my calling Verizon CSR to try to expedite the process.

Why it takes so long, I can only guess is that they are totally SWAMPED with similar situations and with their existing workforce, it takes much longer to resolve.

Good luck and enjoy your new "toy".
__________________
Sam....
U.S. Navy (Retired)
K4KAI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34
 
Device(s): Droid Razr
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

They explained to me that if I had noticed that my unlimited and discount were gone within 24 hours, they could still fix right from their screen, but any longer and the request has to go through an outside department that has access to the old codes. The code for unlimited data no longer exists in the regular csr's computer.
lmarine6523 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lmarine6523 For This Useful Post:
AntimonyER (July 18th, 2012)
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GandalfTehGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 844
 
Device(s): Kyocera KX414, LG vx8300, LG Voyager, Droid X Retired, Galaxy Nexus Custom Moto X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 92
Thanked 96 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarine6523 View Post
They explained to me that if I had noticed that my unlimited and discount were gone within 24 hours, they could still fix right from their screen, but any longer and the request has to go through an outside department that has access to the old codes. The code for unlimited data no longer exists in the regular csr's computer.
Im curious as to if they can enter it if they memorized it.
__________________
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udn.

How to SBF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0jrXqqiepI
GandalfTehGray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
tdperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 103
 
Device(s): Samsung S3, Motorola RAZR MAXX (x2), HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid X (x2)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4 View Post
In store csr has no ability to change data plans back to unlimited. I recently went thru this with a razr maxx. Ordered from Costco on the 27th. Order wasnt sent to vzw until the 1st.got put on 2gb plan. Half a dozen phone calls, couple emails, and a fax...finally got unlimited back. I had to prove that i actuality ordered the phone before the 28th because i ordered it from a 3rd party and they didn't place the order until the 1st of July.

Keep calling until you find one willing to help. I've found seattle call center is the most helpful.

After they finally got proof i ordered in time it was just a couple days. Checked online. Still 2gb. Called again and 10 minutes later got it back. She had to find the notes and info from previous calls.
Incorrect. All they have to do is make one phone call to get it done. I recently went through this when I got the S3 on a spare line, put my old MAXX on my son's line (required a SIM for him since he was coming from a Droid X). In the change out the CSR inadvertently removed my unlimited. I knew something was wrong when he said "oops" and grinned at me (we are all on first name basis at the store - they frequently call me when they have a customer with a problem they can't answer to ask if I can stop by and answer it). 5 minutes later it was fixed.
tdperry is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
vr4
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 183
 
Device(s): razr
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdperry View Post
Incorrect. All they have to do is make one phone call to get it done. I recently went through this when I got the S3 on a spare line, put my old MAXX on my son's line (required a SIM for him since he was coming from a Droid X). In the change out the CSR inadvertently removed my unlimited. I knew something was wrong when he said "oops" and grinned at me (we are all on first name basis at the store - they frequently call me when they have a customer with a problem they can't answer to ask if I can stop by and answer it). 5 minutes later it was fixed.
Purchase done in store? Im speaking from experience at 3 different vzw corporate stores. The simple fact that he had to pick up the phone and call vzw proves my statement that they can't do it. What likely happened its he lost unlimited, made the call to explain, and had them put it back.


so what makes my statement about in store reps not being able to put unlimited back on the account incorrect?
vr4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 431
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

update: got an email from vzw saying to check documents. Looks like I am back on unlimited. So I guess it can be changed but does take a few days (6 in my case).
boatman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 44
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

same thing happened to me, i called them up, they changed it back and gave me a credit to my next bill for my time.
Perch_44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Verizon
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.