Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Verizon

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Retrieving MEID of lost phone

I recently lost my Droid 4, but I have Asurion coverage on it, so I'm filling out the claim to get a replacement. However, the claim requires you to report the MEID of your lost phone (presumably so they can add it to their "blacklist"). Seeing as I no longer have the phone, does anyone know if I can look up somewhere what the MEID was? I've already checked previous bills and it's not listed there.

Advertisements
nickf77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Air Bender
 
DragonSlayer95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,457
 
Device(s): Moto G, LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,513
Thanked 3,296 Times in 2,141 Posts
DragonSlayer8724
Default Re: Retrieving MEID of lost phone

I'm not sure if Verizon will or won't, but you could try giving them a call and explaining the situation to them and they might be nice enough to help you out with this.
__________________
Has someone helped you? Dont forget to hit the "thanks" button!
Seen an offense or bad post? Hit the /!\ button!
Android Forums Site Rules/Guidelines
DragonSlayer95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,236
 
Device(s): LG G3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 29
Thanked 245 Times in 193 Posts
Default

If you have more than one line on your account, or have activated another phone on that line, you should be able to pull the MEID from your online account. Just go to "Activate or switch device", choose a line, choose "Activate Device", then choose "I am activating a device that I previously used with this account". Then choose the device from the dropdown menu, and the MEID should be shown. I *think* that will work.
hilmar2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,352
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts
Default

or just look on the box the phone came in..... its on the outside
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,236
 
Device(s): LG G3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 29
Thanked 245 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
or just look on the box the phone came in..... its on the outside
That's too easy. (I assumed from the question that the box was long gone)
hilmar2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
That's too easy. (I assumed from the question that the box was long gone)
Quite right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
If you have more than one line on your account, or have activated another phone on that line, you should be able to pull the MEID from your online account. Just go to "Activate or switch device", choose a line, choose "Activate Device", then choose "I am activating a device that I previously used with this account". Then choose the device from the dropdown menu, and the MEID should be shown. I *think* that will work.
Wow, that's brilliant, and yes, it does show my history of activated phones. From it arises another problem, though - I've owned and activated 2 different Droid 4's because one malfunctioned under warranty and needed replacing, and so they both show up there and are basically indistinguishable (both say Droid 4 and the MEID). Any guesses as to whether the more recent one would be listed first or second?
nickf77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,236
 
Device(s): LG G3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 29
Thanked 245 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickf77 View Post
Wow, that's brilliant, and yes, it does show my history of activated phones. From it arises another problem, though - I've owned and activated 2 different Droid 4's because one malfunctioned under warranty and needed replacing, and so they both show up there and are basically indistinguishable (both say Droid 4 and the MEID). Any guesses as to whether the more recent one would be listed first or second?
No idea.

However, now that you have it narrowed down to two MEIDs, I bet you could call VZW and they would tell you which one was most recently activated.
hilmar2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Verizon
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.