Originally Posted by kmand
I downloaded and installed Kies 1.5.3 and all uppdates on Windows 7 (32 bit).
I plugged in my stock Tmobile (not rooted) Vibrant via USB and selected Kies. The Vibrant just sits there with a USB plug graphic taking over the screen and a series of dots going back and forth over the word connected.
On the Kies desktop there is a corresponding "Connecting the Device Box" with a cylon style glyph going back and forth.
Thats the way it stays forever, until I pull the usb cable. The Vibrant goes back to home screen and the Kies desktop connecting graphic goes away.
Did I miss some step?
if all you want is the gps fix here
1. Go to Settings > Location & Security > "Use Wireless Networks" > Disable it
2. Start the Dialer/Phone > Dial *#*#1472365#*#*
(more star codes: http://www.askvg.com...n-secret-codes/
). This will send you to the LbsTestMode menu
The LbsTestMode Menu is disabled in 2.1update1 because the "official" GPS patch is in place.
If you read this far and hit this problem, you should check the "applies to" lines I keep putting at the top of sections. Pay attention next time.
3. Go to Application settings > "Operation Mode" > Change it to MS Based
4. Hit Back, and go to SUPL/CP Settings > Server: > Change it to supl.google.com
. Don't put www in front of supl. Also note, this is why it may only work in the United States, since Google may not have network data for other countries.
5. Right under that, Port > Change to 7276
6. Back out to the Home Screen and reboot
7. Turn Use Wireless Networks back on
to submit your location data to your Google Overlords. The way MS Based works, it uses your network location to "hone in" on your GPS location, so you will need to turn it on
to see good things happen (and not break it even more).
8. IT'S GPS TIME. If it's still wonky, restart again
to make sure.