Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ViewSonic ViewPad 10

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #51 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Unfortunately, I provide the .exe file only, because I want to simplify the installation process.

Extract installation file, decompile img files, then create updater-script.
nicorojas likes this.

Advertisements
The Following User Says Thank You to [Legionnaire] For This Useful Post:
sevenn7pure (January 11th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Viewcomb 6.3

Hi, i love Viewcomb 6.3 ( good job ), but i still have a BT-problem ( no devices found), can you help me ?

thx
Old November 29th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi [Legionnaire],
Thanks for your great work and efforts.
I have been testing the 6.2 build for several days and can still confirm the annoying wifi problem, it is working normally but after 2-3 sleeps it does not want to reconnect (like the OS cannot access the wifi module, the menu shows connected but it is actually not, and you cannot disable/enable it).
As stated before only a reboot fixes it.
Do you have any ideas in that direction?
Thanks in advance
Best regards,
Old December 1st, 2011, 05:57 AM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default I can download

Hello [Legionnaire], I dont know why I cant download the links, maybe U can upload them to megaupload.com or some sort of online storage? please please
Old December 8th, 2011, 06:37 AM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hello

I have a Viewsonic 10s with Viewcomb 3.2 upgrade 5.1.

I got a Mini Mac with Lion X how i can upgrade Viewcomb 3.2 5.1 to 6.3??

Tanks
Old December 8th, 2011, 07:20 AM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s):

Installed 6.3 and results are good so far. Thanks very much for great rom environment. Makes a world difference with the other vegacomb website where installation is near rocket science. I did install the turbocharger script with option 6 & 9 and this improved the speed as well. Wifi and BT operate nicely together sofar but when wifi comes out of deep sleep I do find it to be "broken"... reboot and its working again. Anyway, thanks again for making this ROM available. Cheers Nanoe
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #57 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsimao View Post
Hello

I have a Viewsonic 10s with Viewcomb 3.2 upgrade 5.1.

I got a Mini Mac with Lion X how i can upgrade Viewcomb 3.2 5.1 to 6.3??

Tanks
Hi,

Just follow the instructions stated in the pdf file. The procedure is the same as for 5.1.
Old December 12th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s):

Is there any way to get viewcomb source code? I am very interested in it and I will gladly help to improve this project.
Old December 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #59 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutoks View Post
Is there any way to get viewcomb source code? I am very interested in it and I will gladly help to improve this project.
Here you go...
https://github.com/wooshy1/kernel_2.6.36_nvidia_base
Old December 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #60 (permalink)

Device(s):

It's amazing how easy is the setup of your rom... easier than CMW lol... thank you so much for your job legionnaire!!!!
sponsored links
Old December 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have installed this ROM and going from other ROMS on my phone which I could not install on this device, I really like this ROM.

I have a few issues, wireless not working after sleeping the device.
And google maps crashes the device and makes it reboot straight away and then after the reboot (which is very fast) wireless network is in an error state and a reboot again is needed to fix it.

I have reflashed twice and maps still does not work and causes the device to crash not longer after maps loads (it seems as the program loads the final frame of the image of the area you are looking at that the crash occurs).

Other than that, I won't be swapping from this ROM, it is awesome - the only thing with the maps crash that annoys me is because I purchased this viewpad and put the custom rom on it so I can use it in my car as a navigation system and media player (maps on a tablet might sound a bit weird without knowing the reason)

Anyone else able to confirm they get this problem?
Old December 18th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #62 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Build 7 is ready for download.
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #63 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Legionnaire] View Post
One more time i say thank you leg... Best rom
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s): Viewpad 10s

Default Problems in build 7

Quote:
Hi,
I installed it and having 2 problems:
  • calendar and contacts sync options are gone in the account settings. After asking google, I discovered this thread (Solution in post #7). I tried to install the calendar sync app and the calendar sync entry was shown again, but something crashed after clicking on it. Maybe I got the wrong version of the app, but it seems to be the problem.
  • browser crashes very often, e.g. every time viewing this thread. it loads, but after scrolling to the end of the page I see the page is cut off and a second later the browser is gone

It's to early to report back on the wifi issue.

None the less thanks for sharing your builds with us.

wegi
Old December 19th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #65 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Build 7.1 is ready for download. Boot issue fixed.
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:23 AM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s):

I installed build 7.1. Installation was successful. However during restoration of my applications my tablet hangs. I powered off the unit and booted it back up, however the only thing I got on the screen is "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol".

Any idea?
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM   #67 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Help!!!!

Hi,Ijust got a viewpad 10s yesterday and i am trying to install the ViewComb. I have hit a problem when it comes to installing the APX drivers, when selecting the file to install it does not allow me to go any futher to install them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old December 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM   #68 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayler500 View Post
Hi,Ijust got a viewpad 10s yesterday and i am trying to install the ViewComb. I have hit a problem when it comes to installing the APX drivers, when selecting the file to install it does not allow me to go any futher to install them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Just follow instructions in pdf.
Old December 28th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #69 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Problem with rebooting

Okay. My Viewpad froze. I turned it of with folding the powerbutton down for about 6 seconds and now when I'm trying to boot it up again, it only shows the message: Starting Fastboot USB download protocol. What to do now?
Old December 29th, 2011, 04:01 AM   #70 (permalink)

Device(s):

I follow the instractions(for maybe 5 hours yersteday evening) in pdf but no apx in other devices.Please tell me the dc must be in?the batterie must be full?the usb camble must be usb2?(mine usb3).I saw in youtube video somebody's upgrade i do the same but nothing happens.
Sorry for my english...
sponsored links
Old December 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #71 (permalink)

Device(s):

7.1 looks very good but im stuck on reboot with the "Starting Fastboot USB" error and tablet will not boot...gone back to 6.3
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #72 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Build 7.2 is online
  • 160 MB GPU (This should stop browser fc's)
  • New kernel (Ideally should be used with a 352 MB swap partition)
  • New WiFi drivers
  • Increase framebuffers to 8 MB each 720P HDMI output
  • Video playback grainy set to 32bit depth
  • Disabled allow nvmap to use system memory and reclaim iovmm which gives a slight performance boost
  • Keyboard power button debounce interval set to 50
  • Boot issue fixed
  • Some apps have been removed (OS Monitor, Terminal, ViewCOMB Screen)
  • System partition size: 160 MB
Dani2017 (January 9th, 2012)
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:33 AM   #73 (permalink)

Device(s):

Build 7.2 does not work with Google Maps 6.1.0
Old January 11th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #74 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Unfortunately, I provide the .exe file only, because I want to simplify the installation process.

Extract installation file, decompile img files, then create updater-script.

Thank you soooooo much, it makes things so much easier for noobs like myself, as long as the device is recognized on your pc your good to go.
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #75 (permalink)

Device(s):

ok first off im a noob here so bear with me. and second sorry for the book here. Thanks for everything your doing here Im sure it takes up a great deal of your time. I have a viewpad 10s and am currently running your ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_7.1 ROM. Where can i get the 7.2 ROM i didnt see a link, i will keep looking though. Im assuming its just an exe like the 7.1 ROM and thank you that makes things sooo much easier on a noob like me. A few things. This is the 4th time i have reflashed this ROM. The first time was because i didnt turn off USB Debugging and as soon as I rebooted i got the "Starting USB Fastboot" message. The second time i got it was when i used ROM Manager and tried to do a backup and got the starting fastboot message again (which i believe is a no no with this ROM but im not sure) If i can use ROM Manager please let me know maybe my dumbass did something wrong. I want to get clockwork mod installed on it and i tried the clockwork_recovery_3.0.2.4_vega_donotflash but it always says device not found. (And the driver for the tablet is installed and its called "Nvidia USB boot-recovery driver for mobile devices" and im thinking thats where the problem is. The first time i got the fastboot error the device showed up as something else and i couldnt get into "recovery mode" until i forced the a fore mentioned driver as it was showing up as "Nvidia android fastboot device" So i really want to be able to make an "image" of my tablet as it is a pain in the ass to keep tweaking the tab to my liking "bookmarks, the 5 windows set up, programs installed ect" so if i have to flash back to one of your roms i can just use the backup image and get back to where i was. To my understanding a nandroid backup is the only way to do this and that is through clockwork mod which i either cant get installed manually and had problems with using ROM manager. I installed titanium backup free version but it doesnt look like you can make an image that way it just backs up settings and programs installed. Maybe im wrong here i dunno. Lastly lol i know i know the netflix app doesnt work with the current rom im running. it installs fine but when i run it the netflix screen comes up and the loading circle just spins and wont go past that point. I tried just logging in through a browser but it tells me that flash needs to be updated to which i installed adobe 11 but that didnt fix the issue. Again so sorry for that book here and appreciate any direction you or anyone else can give me here. Now go have a cigarette after reading the longest post in the history of the internet.
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s):

Smile

Quote:
Build 7.2 is online
  • 160 MB GPU (This should stop browser fc's)
  • New kernel (Ideally should be used with a 352 MB swap partition)
  • New WiFi drivers
  • Increase framebuffers to 8 MB each 720P HDMI output
  • Video playback grainy set to 32bit depth
  • Disabled allow nvmap to use system memory and reclaim iovmm which gives a slight performance boost
  • Keyboard power button debounce interval set to 50
  • Boot issue fixed
  • Some apps have been removed (OS Monitor, Terminal, ViewCOMB Screen)
  • System partition size: 160 MB

hi..thank for the 7.2 rom..but for 10s 3g, 3g function still cannot use..at starting when put simcard..its detected 3g/Highspeed..but after 1min...it dissapear..and it said no internet connextion at the bar...is there any update/software to make 3g function?
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #77 (permalink)

Device(s):

Found the 7.2 Rom, going to install in a bit
Old January 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #78 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenn7pure View Post
Found the 7.2 Rom, going to install in a bit

Installed 7.2 and no more "starting fastboot" and USB debugging is on
Netflix app still doesnt work (the loading screen just sits there and i left if for like 20 mins) When i log in through a browser it says i need silverlight but its a .dmg file which is for MAC. You can download a silverlight app but they want like 6 bucks for it Anyone know of a workaround for this? Also i would like to make a nandroid backup so if i do have to reflash the ROM i dont have to start ALLL over with installing apps and getting everything set up how i want. Any help on using clockwork mod with the ROM to do this, and then how to install the backup. I have an SD card so im good there. Im currently doing some research on how to do this but not having much luck. Sorry i have been such a pain the last couple days just trying to get this bad boy all set up to i dont have to do any more tinkering. Until the next ROM comes out lol. Thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction here.
Old January 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s):

It was recommend by another poster to re-post my questions about CWM here. Here it is

So when i click on reboot into recovery is the screen supposed to go blank? Thats what my tab does every time. If so do i then just hit or press and hold the power button to get into CWM? This poor tablet. It should just be taken away from me I think my new nickname should be "The Tinkering Train-wreck" or am i supposed to flash clock work mod before i reboot into recovery each time? Yeah im back to where i was starting over lol I press the power button and a white/greyish screen pops up for a second then goes away and i know theres no button combination for these tabs to load CWM so i have to flash ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_7.2 again. What on God's Green Earth am i doing wrong here. This time i installed Titanium backup and was using that in conjunction so maybe it wont be so painful this time. Maybe i should just use the scheduled backup in ROM Manager lol. Well if anything i sure purchased the right tablet as far as soft bricking/un-bricking goes.

Is there any difference in the backup current ROM option (which i think i need "koush bootstrap", which i cannot find anywhere besides the market (i cannot afford the 2 bucks ) and i wouldnt know where to place the file if i did have it) and doing a backup through CWM? Sorry again ladies and gentlemen for being such a pain in the A$$ here and appreciate any time and knowledge you can lend a Noob with a capital N like myself.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:28 PM   #80 (permalink)

Device(s):

great build, found your build through a google search and tried version 7.1 but had that fastboot problem, but 7.2 seems rock solid, heck i created this account just to say thanks.... so a big thanks for a great rom

p.s. is it possible to offer power management options as part n parcel of the build? just curious.....
sponsored links
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #81 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi [Legionnaire],
Thank you for your awesome work the 7.2 build seems quite good though I have a very strange problem with it - the input interface (the touch screen) is performing very bad, sometimes it recognizes the touch or slide but sometimes not and typing on the keyboard is almost impossible.
I tried calibrating but without any success.
Did you or someone else experience the same behavior?
Thanks in advance
Best regards,
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #82 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi alligator1. I guess I'm having some problems similar to yours. I means, worse than yours !

7.2 was working perfectly, installed it as soon as I got the tablet out of the box, that is 2 weeks ago.

I had not been using it for a few days and this evening, I was browsing the Android market when suddenly, the touch screen stopped working. I figured it was just a temporary bug and I tried to reset the device. I hard to hard reset since the touch screen wasn't working. But that was the beginning of the end...

After the reboot, I could not unlock the screen anymore, the input still wasn't working.

Tried to flash again with 7.2. After booting, I'm prompted with the "Superuser request" popup, but of course, I cannot select "accept" or "deny".

However, the status bar accepts inputs ! The back button, the hide status bar button or usb icon can be clicked and the events are registered. Except, the rest of the screen is not working anymore.

So I'm fkin stucked, unable to flash with the original ROM. When I try to enter recovery mode (back and power button pressing), nothing happens. And whether the device is on or off, when I try to execute the original ROM .exe file, I get the message "USB device not found"...

By the way, great job you did here [Legionnaire]
Last edited by 0liveO1; February 7th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #83 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default usb disks problem !!!

hi guys ...
first of all thanks for the honeycomb release ...
i allready install in to my 10s tablet and work just fine ...

<<<<one problem only ... and one question ...
first i cant see any usb drive ... i can't see it at all ... i try via astro or via other software ... nothing ... any help about that ?>>>>>
sorry i allready find this ...

and second question ...
does any one now if i can use any usb or bluetouth - gps device to my 10s tablet ?!

thanks again for the downloads and for descriptions ...
hope have news soon ...

respect ...
Last edited by lsourtzo; February 10th, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #84 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Bluetooth Audio issue

Thank you for all your hard work.
I am using build 7.2 and facing some issues with Bluetooth.

On the original OS (Android 2.2) the Bluetooth on the device was connecting to my Audio system and working in the whole range of the house.

With the build 7.2 the Bluetooth connects but is only working in a range of 1 to 1.5 meters. there is also a slight lag in the audio.
Perhaps the drivers can be updated.

If this will be solved in a future release it would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #85 (permalink)

Device(s):

Cool wifi disconnect

Thanks so much!!! Fine quality build. I am really looking forward to seeing a fix for the wifi disconnect on sleep, and also to get Netflix up and running. Once again thank you and I'll be watching close for a new release. Btw. Any chance you are looking at getting it to recognize the card reader on square? Right now, it is not recognizing it.

Also, I just started having screen touch response issues, and the keyboard is typing multiple letters as though it is very sensitive or something.

- wifi disconnect on deep sleep
- apparent issue with touch screen. Very unresponsive at times for no reason, but mouse woks great
- market updated to play. Getting f.c. upon opening.
- occasionally getting crash to restart while displaying through HDMI.
Last edited by captain150; March 10th, 2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: update
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #86 (permalink)

Device(s): LG Esteem ZVB Stock Rom w/ mts oc rom @ 1.5ghz Viewsonic gTab 1.2 bl Vegan Tab GingerEdition @ 1.4gh

hi does this work on the viewsonic gtablet on the 1.2 bootloader?
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #87 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Bluetooth not receiving incming files

Running 7.2 a few issues some maybe with apps themselves.
Bluetooth lets me sends files to other devices like my Galaxy S but it won't receive files sent to it.
It doesn't ask for conformation or show anything but the sending device says that viewpad rejected it.

Also can't get the latest version of Facebook for android (V1.8.4)to run, just sits there loading. It will load V1.7.1 though. My favourite browser Miren won't run properly keeps crashing same with Maxthon mobile browser.
I did have problems with the Market or should I say Play but that seems to have settled down.Google maps crashes the tablet putting it into soft reboot as soon as it has loaded.
Sort these issues out and it will be excellent.

Correction the preinstalled version of Maps runs fine, it's only after the update from the market that it crashes the tablet.

Barney
Last edited by barneyuk; March 16th, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #88 (permalink)

Device(s):

can i use this on a VP10 (not a 10s)?

if so, can this version of android be used with navionics?

many thanks
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #89 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default honeycomb or ICS for 10pro

Hello,
I am new to this site. I just got a Viewsonic 10pro dual OS with bluestack. Can I use this ROM and instructions to upgrade my 10pro (this is not a 10s).

I want to keep the dual OS option and Android on the fly.

thanks for any help
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #90 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Vpad10

Hi,

Does anyone know how to install this onto a vpad10 (win7 dual boot). If i open windows on the machine I can browse the android partition but when I run the exe file, I get the error message saying ot cant cant the usb device.

Anyone found a work around for this as the usb cable method doesnt seem to work on these.
sponsored links
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #91 (permalink)

Device(s):

Can I use this custom rom as an upgrade from 2.3 gingerbread?
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:46 PM   #92 (permalink)

Device(s):

I got my viewpad10s model vs14006 (wifi).. Android Version :3.2, Buildnumber:7.2
It have error
"Error downlaoding "Google Play"
Update for "Google Play" could not be download due to an error. (941)
can anyone tell me what is wrong or what should i do?

Can this device be install with WhatsApp? If yes how to go about it?

Please help thank you.
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #93 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default vegabean beta 1

This is the latest ROM out for the Vega/view pads very fast and stable

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/5294-%5Brom%5D-jellybean-advent-vega-pov-mobii-tegra-other-p10an01-clones.html
Last edited by larryba; August 8th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #94 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

[ROM] JellyPad (JellyBean for ViewPad 10s)

More here.
ben789 (October 14th, 2012)
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #95 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanks for putting up the 4.0 software here. I installed it and it works great until I power on again, it just stuck in the initial screen and won't go to the screen you post above. Any possible reason you can think of ?

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > ViewSonic ViewPad 10