August 4th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very Excited About My New Vpad7!
Just got my VPad7 today. I am excited, even though I already have Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. It's very interesting to see different implementation of Android OS. I am able to run most of same apps as the GTab except Netflix.
-can run games like Angry Bird
- can play movies (must use iPod's lower resolution format, not iPad)
- very fast and responsive, this surprised me. The haptic feedback on keyboard is good, makes the tablet feel more secure. Did not expect Swype to be the default.
- can run Live Wallpapers...YAY!!!
- comes with app to run MS Office docs
- "Professional" reviews make a significantly bigger deal out of the crappy viewing angles than it actually is.
Cons so far:
-slow processor can be felt during movie playback and even web surfing as I scroll up and down the page. I did not expect this to be a big deal, even though I know it only has 600Mhz.
-built in app selection is sparse (outside of the Office Doc app), Viewsonic did very little help to make this a great user experience.
-screen resolution isn't so great but I kind of knew this already.
Well, hopefully I can make a review sooner than later.