Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > Viewsonic ViewPhone 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default I want to uninstall Google + and viewSence 3D from ViewPhone 3

I bought ViewPhone 3 few days back. i want to uninstall some default applications from it. How can i uninstall?

sponsored links
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Viewsonic viewPhone 3,Samsung Galaxy

I Think That is only possible when you have root access and bit tuf.You to need work on android source code of your os.link: [URL="http://ap.viewsonic.com/in/downloads/"]

If you need to move internal app to sd( not all only some app) ,set priority to sd also.Follow the steps.You need to Install java jdk and Elipse.Connect usb to your pc ,cmd->goto android-sdk/tools -> adb device-> adb shell
You will be in shell mode
#pm setinstallionlocation 2
#exit
Install app2sd from googleplay, and settings ->select application ->move to sd
The Following User Says Thank You to mlrkumar For This Useful Post:
SRISRIANDROID (May 28th, 2012)
Old May 28th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrkumar View Post
I Think That is only possible when you have root access and bit tuf.You to need work on android source code of your os.link: [URL="http://ap.viewsonic.com/in/downloads/"]

If you need to move internal app to sd( not all only some app) ,set priority to sd also.Follow the steps.You need to Install java jdk and Elipse.Connect usb to your pc ,cmd->goto android-sdk/tools -> adb device-> adb shell
#exit
Dear Kumar,
Seems you are expert user. We are novice users. Could you please explain us a bit detail to root the phone...I downloaded the source code but dont know what to to and how to do...
step by step explanation would be appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas.
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

For that ,You Need to run in Elipse Android Emulator,Command in "c "programing and java also.Getting Root access is like breaking into Linux administrtor.Myself working on it and Let you know.Finding vulnerability in 2.3.7 is bit tuf(whatever bugs/holes are in previous versions are being fixed in 2.3.7) and working on particular device is another step too.I want you to try gingerbreak1.20.apk.Install gingerbreak in the device and run Root device . Download :

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CE8Q FjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D5 78771%26d%3D1303829207&ei=1mjDT_aIEcLjrAft-cXQCQ&usg=AFQjCNF2TINSX69TpK4EUhzbpwf4roiNGQ

If Works ,It will restart the device after some time. Else Uninstall It.
Last edited by mlrkumar; May 28th, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
For that ,You Need to run in Elipse Android Emulator,Command in "c "programing and java also.Getting Root access is like breaking into Linux administrtor.Myself working on it and Let you know.Finding vulnerability in 2.3.7 is bit tuf(whatever bugs/holes are in previous versions are being fixed in 2.3.7) and working on particular device is another step too.I want you to try gingerbreak1.20.apk.Install gingerbreak in the device and run Root device . Download :

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CE8Q FjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D5 78771%26d%3D1303829207&ei=1mjDT_aIEcLjrAft-cXQCQ&usg=AFQjCNF2TINSX69TpK4EUhzbpwf4roiNGQ

If Works ,It will restart the device after some time. Else Uninstall It.
Thanks Kumar..
I will give a try and let you know
Old June 1st, 2012, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:

#exit
Dear Kumar
Can you please explain where to install java jdk? In phone or in computer? Please explain step by step procedure. I am new for software and rooting things.

Thanks
Kapil
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Install Java JDK

Java SE Development Kit 7u3 Downloads

Install Elipse

Eclipse Downloads

For rooting I will tell you:
1) Download SUT LR

https://rapidshare.com/files/559763473/SUTLR_v1.8.2.7z

2) Download New Android Firmware for viewsonic with rooted.

www.rapidshare.com/files/253791827/firmware_root_MarcoCH.7z

( after downloading Extract it)

3) Install SUT LR in XP and Connect Mobile to PC(make sure usb debugging is ticked in the mobile).

4) Open SUT LR and Click Next-> Select the firmware.nb0 (options Leave "none" Next--> It will take some time Click -> Finish.

5) It Will automatically reboot the device.

6) Install Root Explorer.apk (download it from 4shared.com)

7) Open and goto system/app

8) click options select the app and delete.( but be careful before deleting ,if some appications are dependence ,It may crash , So Take a backup with root explorer and delete.
9) Only Drawback is can 't have multiple Ringtone for both sim card.
10) It Works Fine .
Last edited by mlrkumar; June 2nd, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

i got error when installing the firmware. my screen got exclamation point w/ android image.
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

There was Problem with the device ,while installing viewphone3 from SUT LR,It will restart the device and goes to recovery mode ,Starts Installing.Sometimes after restart the device ,it will go to recovery mode.Never installs it.Press home Button.you get recovery mode menu.what you do is :reboot normal

Open SUL TR and select the firmware ->( manual restart the device and when you get viewsonic logo.your system will popup) .device connected then click next..It works
Last edited by mlrkumar; June 13th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.

Viewsonic ViewPhone 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Viewsonic ViewPhone 3 is one of the most basic out of the company's MWC 2012 line-up. Like the other Viewsonic smartphones, it has dual-SIM functionality. This allows frequent travelers to use two SIM cards simultaneously, making it easier ... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > Viewsonic ViewPhone 3