January 27th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern AZ
Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Texting error from 9230, 2112 error?
I'm getting a "You rced this message because you sent a text to a number without the area code or used an invalid short code msg 2114." text when I send a text to ANYONE
in my contacts, it just started about 3 hours ago when I woke up.
I've even tried texting though the default program, GoSMS, and a free-texting program called "HeyWire", and I still get the message. (I even tried texting my phone's number through HeyWire, still got the message)
Things I have tried:
- Turning off phone, taking out battery for a few minutes then rebooting.
- Turning off phone, taking out battery and SD card, putting them back in, rebooting.
- Erased all of my text conversations.
- Erased all Dialer & Dialer Storage data.
- Backed up all of my contacts, then erased them from my phone, then tried texting one of them with just the number (No longer a contact)
- Tried texting while on 3G/WiFi.
None of those worked, and I've tried each multiple times. I"m still able to connect to 3G/WiFi, but for some odd reason I can't connect to the internet with 3G,,,