Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Virgin Mobile

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #51 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
It's funny the majority of speeds are very close to each other, then you see these BS speeds some users are getting,and they only have 1 post total.

Over a month since this post was made, but I wouldn't say the low speeds are BS. What reason do these people have to BS? This isn't some Apple vs Android pissing contest.


My speeds really vary. On a good day, I get 0.7mbps. I get as low as 0.05mbps. Tested a few minutes ago and got 0.4mbps.


In my area, there's no denying VM's speeds have declined significantly over the past year. I'm staying with them for a few more months and waiting to see whether they refresh the phone line. If I find they're releasing substandard ZTE phones, I'm jumping aboard T-Mobile permanently.

zeth006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #52 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lou61166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 532
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound HTC Droid DNA
Carrier: Verizon/Verizon Fios Quantum 75/35

Thanks: 7
Thanked 56 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
Over a month since this post was made, but I wouldn't say the low speeds are BS. What reason do these people have to BS? This isn't some Apple vs Android pissing contest.


My speeds really vary. On a good day, I get 0.7mbps. I get as low as 0.05mbps. Tested a few minutes ago and got 0.4mbps.


In my area, there's no denying VM's speeds have declined significantly over the past year. I'm staying with them for a few more months and waiting to see whether they refresh the phone line. If I find they're releasing substandard ZTE phones, I'm jumping aboard T-Mobile permanently.
Not saying the low speeds saying the ones claiming consistent 2mpbs and up speeds.
lou61166 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
tlopez1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: benton city washington
Gender: Male
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): nexus 4-samsung galaxy s4
Carrier: straight talk -at&t -solavei

Thanks: 47
Thanked 29 Times in 16 Posts
tlopez1973.h@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
Not saying the low speeds saying the ones claiming consistent 2mpbs and up speeds.
some times speeds are OK some days are better but I guess you get what u pay for



Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk
tlopez1973 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lou61166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 532
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound HTC Droid DNA
Carrier: Verizon/Verizon Fios Quantum 75/35

Thanks: 7
Thanked 56 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlopez1973 View Post
some times speeds are OK some days are better but I guess you get what u pay for



Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk
A voice of reason,way to many dreamers wanting to believe that VM's,handsets and network can compete with Verizon & AT&T,and all for 25 dollars a month.
lou61166 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 06:23 PM   #55 (permalink)
New Member
 
Fat32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi guys, here are my 3g speed tests over the course of 2-3 days in Boston (down kbps/up kbps/ping ms @time)

628/488/211 @4:42pm
774/874/245 @6:29am
679/436/286 @9:31pm
244/268/392 @9:15pm
339/865/172 @2:34pm
224/570/352 @2:30pm
Fat32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:28 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro, Nook Simple Touch
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 1
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Home:



Work:



for comparison here are the results from my other phone (using straight talk on a samsung captivate)

left is official 2.3 right is CM7

Home:


Work:
AmishFury is offline  
Last edited by AmishFury; April 7th, 2012 at 05:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
internet, speed, speedtest, test, wifi


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Virgin Mobile
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.