Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Virgin Mobile

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 151
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, LG Optimus V, Sony Experia X10a
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default Anyone using auto-pay with Virgin ?

Is anyone using the auto-pay feature with Virgin ? Any problems ? Does it automatically do the Restart My Account option that you would normally do after making a payment ?

Thanks

Advertisements
Joeydroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
whs
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, using PayPal. No. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeydroid View Post
Is anyone using the auto-pay feature with Virgin ? Any problems ? Does it automatically do the Restart My Account option that you would normally do after making a payment ?

Thanks
whs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 427
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (neither is rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 90 Times in 67 Posts
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeydroid View Post
Is anyone using the auto-pay feature with Virgin ? Any problems ? Does it automatically do the Restart My Account option that you would normally do after making a payment ?
  1. Yes. With a credit card. Never used anything else. It's super convenient, a set-it-and-forget-it type of deal.
  2. No. I guess some people would consider it a downside that by using this method, you do get charged state sales tax (6% for me, YMMV), with is something you can avoid when you use top-off cards purchased online. However, most if not all states that have sales taxes might consider this tax evasion.
  3. I guess so, but never having used this option manually, I'm not sure what exactly is involved. The auto-pay works as expected, though. Once a month, my credit card gets charged, my minutes counter resets to 0, and I get the following text from 0000000868:
Code:
New Month at Midnight! You get 
Mins: 300 Anytime
Msgs: Unlim
Data: Unlim
All for $$25 [sic]
Thorsten is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I tried it for the first two month with a debit card. Both months I had a big problem with the phone loosing 3g at the end of the month. Had to call VM customer service and have them restart the plan each month. I dropped the plan and now just pay in advance on the web site. So far this works fine.
JohnACman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 151
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, LG Optimus V, Sony Experia X10a
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I just got a text saying At midnight my plan will start over again, i will check in the morning.

Thanks
Joeydroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 151
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, LG Optimus V, Sony Experia X10a
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnACman View Post
I tried it for the first two month with a debit card. Both months I had a big problem with the phone loosing 3g at the end of the month. Had to call VM customer service and have them restart the plan each month. I dropped the plan and now just pay in advance on the web site. So far this works fine.
I had the same problem for the first 2 months. Once i clicked on the Restart My Plan button on the website everything worked.
Joeydroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
 
Device(s): VM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I use it, it's been working fine for me.
Jenny Z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 170
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 11
Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts
Default

I've had problems at least 2 out of my first 5 months... but the June auto-pay seems to have gone through okay.
adam97202 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V, Nook
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

i wait until the top-up cards go on sale at target and buy a couple of those.
trey3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible,LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 49 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Long story but had VM a few years ago and they charged me over $500 in a matter of days....took many hours on the phone with my bank and their customer service and they still refused to reverse the charges. My bank finally had to just reverse them without VM's permission. My bank rep said they were by far the worst merchant they'd ever had to deal with on a disputed charge.

So no. I registered a payment method (credit card) so I can top off with one click, basically, but I will never, ever, again let VM auto charge me for anything.
lizm is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 15th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 65
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I use the auto payment and never had any problems except for when my card number changed, I just fixed it on the site and started it up again no problems.
tcklord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 151
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, LG Optimus V, Sony Experia X10a
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

New month started automatically with no problems


Thanks
Joeydroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Ditto completely on Thorsten's post #3.

All good so far.

Okay on noting you saw your month start over. That was easy enough
K-L-M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,210
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 815
Thanked 2,067 Times in 919 Posts
Default

Just FYI: I switched from auto pay to Topping up via the website, and I didn't get charged tax, nor did I have to re-activate my plan.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I have been using auto pay through my credit card since March with no problems. In my case, I pay about $26.20 including sales tax. Avoiding the hassle of remembering to top off every month is well worth the extra $1.20 a month
JoeWill1947 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, New York
Gender: Male
Posts: 56
 
Device(s): LG Optims V,Archos Arnova 7g2,Archos 101,Motorola Triumph,HTC EVO V 4G,Kyocera Event,Azpen A72
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 29
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Is "Auto-Pay" the same as "Auto-Top" up?Because I can't seem to find an auto-pay option on the VirginMobile site. Thanks
prrep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 95
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

The big issue I've run into with this method is that your $5/month insurance payment does not get automatically taken out. Because of this, I am now switching to manually paying the night before my due date every month.
mjs2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I've had beyond talk for 2 months now and both times I had the money in my cash balance but I had to call them each time to restart my plan. I hope maybe this month it will auto charge me cash balance!
mickey1999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 151
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, LG Optimus V, Sony Experia X10a
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1999 View Post
I've had beyond talk for 2 months now and both times I had the money in my cash balance but I had to call them each time to restart my plan. I hope maybe this month it will auto charge me cash balance!
If you are paying manually make sure you click on Restart My Plan Month after you make a payment.
Joeydroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 280
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus, Viewsonic gTablet, Nook Color, Archos A43IT, Archos A32IT
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeydroid View Post
If you are paying manually make sure you click on Restart My Plan Month after you make a payment.
Yep, I do this too, buy a pin from callingmart and on the day my plan ends I apply it...

...and yep I always used the restart plan option as I've heard of problems so just decided it was safest to do that...
cutterjohn is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 54
 
Device(s): HTC One V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Or, what has worked for me always is: . 1) Ensure there is enough cash balance to cover amount due. If not, top-up. 2) one to two days BEFORE the due date, click PAY NOW. . Using this method, I have not experienced any 3G redirections to the VM home page.
OverBoard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
starsandsky87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Brightspot

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Be warned...Long story, LOL

I didn't use auto-pay but I manually paid to restart my plan for new minutes with my debit card. I stopped using it due to a big problem recently. I went to restart my minutes earlier this June and VM regretted to inform me that back in May my card was suspended because they thought someone was trying to hack into my account, due to suspicious activity. This "hacking" problem was really difficulties with their system as I tried to use the card back in May. I mean if there was really suspicious activity my bank would have informed me and I would have saw something in my statement. So I was pissed that VM only told me my card was suspended when I tried to restart my plan and they didn't tell me that back in May, when it first happened. (They send a text when minutes are low, or when you restart your plan, but they couldn't send me a text or email that there was a possible hacker on my account?) There also wasn't any mention of my card being suspended on the website, when I tried to restart my minutes... I had to send documents proving the card was mine and proving my identity. It was a hassle, so I'm just using the top up cards from now on. I don't trust them with my debit card from this incident and had it removed from my account. Even with this incident I'm still with the service, overall it's been pretty good and they gave me 60 free minutes because of what happened.

Oh, sorry if this sounded like a rant.
starsandsky87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Soggy Cascade Foothills, WA
Gender: Male
Posts: 131
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 20
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

The last 2 months, I've topped up before my payment due date (25th), and VM has automatically taken the money out of my account each time just as the 25th starts, but my minutes have not reset to zero. I have then had to manually Restart My Month that same day to get the minutes to reset. Am I doing something wrong here? Do your minutes actually reset at the start of your due date or at midnight at the end of your due date?
duvallite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 645
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 363
Thanked 382 Times in 299 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvallite View Post
Do your minutes actually reset at the start of your due date or at midnight at the end of your due date?
It's my understanding that it's the latter, but WTH do I know, lol. Don't get me started again with this payment system...
melim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
androidfonefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 248
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Default

I auto pay.
Has worked fine for me.
androidfonefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 163
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro, Nook Simple Touch
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 1
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvallite View Post
The last 2 months, I've topped up before my payment due date (25th), and VM has automatically taken the money out of my account each time just as the 25th starts, but my minutes have not reset to zero. I have then had to manually Restart My Month that same day to get the minutes to reset. Am I doing something wrong here? Do your minutes actually reset at the start of your due date or at midnight at the end of your due date?
midnight at the end of your due date... mine is the 12th and they always reset at 12AM on the 13th

i usually just go to callingmart on the payday before the 12th and top up... never gone in and restarted my plan month or anything it all works fine for me automatically
AmishFury is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Kobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have mine set to auto-pay as well and have not had any problems. I much rather leave it on auto-pay than having to worry about missing the payment date and losing accumulated rollover minutes or, on my old Virgin Mobile plan, running out of minutes during a call. I've been using Virgin Mobile for nearly a decade now. I'd suggest that while I'm sure you'll find people with bad experiences here or there, the same could be said for most any company. I wouldn't let that deter you from registering.
Kobun is offline  
Last edited by Kobun; August 11th, 2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Additional note
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandsky87 View Post
Be warned...Long story, LOL

I didn't use auto-pay but I manually paid to restart my plan for new minutes with my debit card. I stopped using it due to a big problem recently. I went to restart my minutes earlier this June and VM regretted to inform me that back in May my card was suspended because they thought someone was trying to hack into my account, due to suspicious activity. This "hacking" problem was really difficulties with their system as I tried to use the card back in May. I mean if there was really suspicious activity my bank would have informed me and I would have saw something in my statement. So I was pissed that VM only told me my card was suspended when I tried to restart my plan and they didn't tell me that back in May, when it first happened. (They send a text when minutes are low, or when you restart your plan, but they couldn't send me a text or email that there was a possible hacker on my account?) There also wasn't any mention of my card being suspended on the website, when I tried to restart my minutes... I had to send documents proving the card was mine and proving my identity. It was a hassle, so I'm just using the top up cards from now on. I don't trust them with my debit card from this incident and had it removed from my account. Even with this incident I'm still with the service, overall it's been pretty good and they gave me 60 free minutes because of what happened.

Oh, sorry if this sounded like a rant.
Didn't sound like a rant...sounds highly annoying. Unfortunately it sounds like they could have handled your situation better, BUT in a way it was nice they were concerned enough to question potental fraud. I, for one, would have been very grateful if the stopped some scum from trying to use my debit card to recharge their phone. I've been using the autopay without issue on 2 different accounts.
TLBones is offline  
Last edited by TLBones; August 11th, 2011 at 08:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Psychotic Female
 
Petrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,086
 
Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 1,441 Times in 925 Posts
Default

I seriously don't know about VM sometimes. They screwed up my account, so I call to get it fixed. Apparently they overcharged my credit card and wanted to either put it towards my next month, or refund the money to my credit card.

Here's the thing. I haven't paid with my credit card in over 3 months as I've been purchasing my topup cards at CallingMart. My credit card, in my VM account, is not set for auto pay... so while on the phone with this lady, I logged into my bank account and looked and there were no funds removed from VM for the last 3 months.

The lady actually got irritated with me, to the point where she said "I'm going to have to INSIST that we over charged you". I got tired of bickering with this woman as she wasn't listening. I got a free month and used the topup card on my daughters account.
__________________
Forum Rules & Guidelines & Zero Tolerance Policy
Agree with a post? Hit Like! Someone help you? Hit Thanks!
See a naughty post or a thread in the wrong area? Hit Report!
Petrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
micahdiablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 182
 
Device(s): Nokia Lumia 920,Kindle Fire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
I seriously don't know about VM sometimes. They screwed up my account, so I call to get it fixed. Apparently they overcharged my credit card and wanted to either put it towards my next month, or refund the money to my credit card.

Here's the thing. I haven't paid with my credit card in over 3 months as I've been purchasing my topup cards at CallingMart. My credit card, in my VM account, is not set for auto pay... so while on the phone with this lady, I logged into my bank account and looked and there were no funds removed from VM for the last 3 months.

The lady actually got irritated with me, to the point where she said "I'm going to have to INSIST that we over charged you". I got tired of bickering with this woman as she wasn't listening. I got a free month and used the topup card on my daughters account.
At least you tried to be honest Her ignorance= Your blessing haha

As for OP, Personally I never use Auto-pay. I remember when mine is due(24th of every month).

As for VM and autopay, I am a bit paranoid because i heard some horror stories. All my other bills are set for auto-pay currently but i'm not sure
if i'd ever let Vm do it.

AS for tax...I use a credit card....It's not a big deal. My 25 dollar plan costs me 26.92 a month. Far less than what i'd be being with any other carrier
micahdiablo is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
Psychotic Female
 
Petrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,086
 
Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 1,441 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahdiablo View Post
My 25 dollar plan costs me 26.92 a month.

I've been using CallingMart, and only pay $24.01 (there's a discount code thingy somewhere here in one of the VM/OpV forums).

Lookie here.
Petrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Petrah For This Useful Post:
micahdiablo (August 13th, 2011)
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
micahdiablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 182
 
Device(s): Nokia Lumia 920,Kindle Fire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
I've been using CallingMart, and only pay $24.01 (there's a discount code thingy somewhere here in one of the VM/OpV forums).

Lookie here.
Thanks for that. I passed it on to my brother since he has a VM as well. I just see the point in using it, if i am only saying like a 1.50
micahdiablo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Virgin Mobile
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.