Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Virgin Mobile

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MT Rotor

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 461
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default Blackberry?

Any plans in the future for VM

MT Rotor is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: N Side of Chicago
Posts: 286
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 90
Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Rotor View Post
Any plans in the future for VM
Last September VM was offering the BB Curve. I almost got it instead of the OV. Not sure if they still offer it, but if you could find a used one (that's for the vm network) you may be able to use it.
hiwatt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): Google Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Boost Mobile has the Curve 9310 for just $80 and some nice unlimited plans if you want to check that out
24twentysix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: N Side of Chicago
Posts: 286
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 90
Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24twentysix View Post
Boost Mobile has the Curve 9310 for just $80 and some nice unlimited plans if you want to check that out
Yeah, that's true too. But don't you have to pay an additional $10/month to use bis? I can't remember anymore.
hiwatt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 560
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 100
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwatt View Post
Yeah, that's true too. But don't you have to pay an additional $10/month to use bis? I can't remember anymore.
Yes, you do.
notebooko is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
mandy052879's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): LG Optimus Elite
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwatt View Post
Last September VM was offering the BB Curve. I almost got it instead of the OV. Not sure if they still offer it, but if you could find a used one (that's for the vm network) you may be able to use it.
Is this phone compatible with the $25 grandfathered plan? Is there an extra charge for it being a BlackBerry?
Thanks!
mandy052879 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 461
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy052879 View Post
Is this phone compatible with the $25 grandfathered plan? Is there an extra charge for it being a BlackBerry?
Thanks!
You don't want that blackberry,..if you want a BB the 9310 is the shiznit on boostmobile,..I'm actually eyeing it, deciding on the $45 text/call or keeping my Evo v to see what's next
MT Rotor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Resident Linux Nutcase
 
Prinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 653
Thanked 1,037 Times in 721 Posts
Default

I wish that Android and RIM would partner up.

Let's be honest. No one beats BB when it comes to a physical keyboard. Throw that on an android? BAM. Holy crap, I'd be in heaven.

I would like to see some new BB devices on VM. I do miss having one.
Prinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 461
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
I wish that Android and RIM would partner up.

Let's be honest. No one beats BB when it comes to a physical keyboard. Throw that on an android? BAM. Holy crap, I'd be in heaven.

I would like to see some new BB devices on VM. I do miss having one.
They should, but keep the blackberry theme,
MT Rotor is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MT Rotor For This Useful Post:
Prinny (October 23rd, 2012)
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
mandy052879's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): LG Optimus Elite
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Rotor View Post
You don't want that blackberry,..if you want a BB the 9310 is the shiznit on boostmobile,..I'm actually eyeing it, deciding on the $45 text/call or keeping my Evo v to see what's next
What I am really hoping for is that virgin Mobile will carry the touch screen BlackBerry 10 sometime soon after it's available.
I was just curious about the any extra charges on the BlackBerry that's available now because my husband loves keyboard phones and is on the Grandfathered plan.
mandy052879 is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 461
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy052879 View Post
What I am really hoping for is that virgin Mobile will carry the touch screen BlackBerry 10 sometime soon after it's available.
I was just curious about the any extra charges on the BlackBerry that's available now because my husband loves keyboard phones and is on the Grandfathered plan.
Vm has some good keyboard phones,.. They have a new keyboard BB too that's gonna use bb10
MT Rotor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
thebryceee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,245
 
Device(s): Nexus⁴, Evo V 4G, Rooted Kindle Fire
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 140
Thanked 233 Times in 212 Posts
Default

Lol didn't know people still used BBs
thebryceee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 461
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebryceee View Post
Lol didn't know people still used BBs
They do... Why not?
mandy052879 likes this.
MT Rotor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Virgin Mobile
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.