Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > Virtuous

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 10th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Random Reboots

I swear.... ever since I installed this rom my phone random reboots about 10-15 times a day. What is the cause of this? I'll be playing a game and then it freezes and the phone reboots. I'll be uninstalling an app and the same thing happens. It is completely random but starting to get on my nerves. Any help would be appreciated.

*Edit* I have another problem as well. Every so often I'll turn my screen on and see "Android system has caused an error. Force close or wait?" or something like that. No matter which option I choose the system completely locks up and I'm forced to pull the battery. This stuff is starting to drive me crazy.

Advertisements
Ridley is offline  
Last edited by Ridley; October 10th, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 10th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 53
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I swear.... ever since I installed this rom my phone random reboots about 10-15 times a day. What is the cause of this? I'll be playing a game and then it freezes and the phone reboots. I'll be uninstalling an app and the same thing happens. It is completely random but starting to get on my nerves. Any help would be appreciated.

*Edit* I have another problem as well. Every so often I'll turn my screen on and see "Android system has caused an error. Force close or wait?" or something like that. No matter which option I choose the system completely locks up and I'm forced to pull the battery. This stuff is starting to drive me crazy.
Not seeing any reboots at all here. Very stable. Are you running set cpu, or doing any over/under clocking?
anicotra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anicotra View Post
Not seeing any reboots at all here. Very stable. Are you running set cpu, or doing any over/under clocking?
As a matter of fact, I am. What are good speeds for my Incredible? Maybe I'm overclocking too much?
Ridley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Horseheads, NY
Posts: 172
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Go back to the stock kernal and see if it is stable. Once you are sure it is stable, you can flash another kernal if you really need to. Start off with a mild overclock and go up. No one can tell you what will work with your phone all phones are different. I gave up playing with kernals the gain was never worth the headache to me.
b1gg134 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 05:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 53
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
As a matter of fact, I am. What are good speeds for my Incredible? Maybe I'm overclocking too much?
I don't know. I'm using the custom kernel, without set CPU. The kernel does a good job at governing all by itself.
anicotra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
INTREPID-NY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 273
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 56 Times in 35 Posts
Default

I had random reboots since I got the phone. After flashing Virtuous, the custom Kernel, SetCPU and the leaked radio 2.15.00.09.01, the problem went away. I can't say what fixed it. Now, if I could just fix the lousy call voice quality...
INTREPID-NY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTREPID-NY View Post
I had random reboots since I got the phone. After flashing Virtuous, the custom Kernel, SetCPU and the leaked radio 2.15.00.09.01, the problem went away. I can't say what fixed it. Now, if I could just fix the lousy call voice quality...
+1 without the lousy call quality.
ajamudc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Everything seems to be working fine now. Not a single reboot in 5 days. I think I had my phone Overclocked too high. Thanks guys.
Ridley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 40
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

On that note, can anyone say why they are overclocking? I have my phone loaded with the Virtuous Custom Kernel and clocked to 806MHz when not on AC power and it runs fine. I get slightly better battery life and no reboots. What's the draw to overclock?
asahi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Horseheads, NY
Posts: 172
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
On that note, can anyone say why they are overclocking? I have my phone loaded with the Virtuous Custom Kernel and clocked to 806MHz when not on AC power and it runs fine. I get slightly better battery life and no reboots. What's the draw to overclock?
Small penis syndrome
b1gg134 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible 2.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTREPID-NY View Post
I had random reboots since I got the phone. After flashing Virtuous, the custom Kernel, SetCPU and the leaked radio 2.15.00.09.01, the problem went away. I can't say what fixed it. Now, if I could just fix the lousy call voice quality...
RomManager -> Download ROM -> Virtuous -> Extra Goodies -> DSP Audio Manager

If you haven't done this already.
__________________
HTC Incredible 2.2
Virtuous v3.0.1 - Incredible Revolution Theme
2.6.32.15 Kernel by Adrynalyne
Fatal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > Virtuous
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.