echo * include std_disclaimer
echo * Your warranty is now void.
echo * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
echo * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
echo * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Utility
echo * before using it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
echo * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
I figured it was time to re-write the desc. Ok, here's the deal. This utility can accomplish many things for you, it can root, install a custom recovery, a stock recovery, or change the boot mode of your phone. It also does so with little-to-no interaction, which is why I made it, so that noobs could have their phone rooted and have
a recovery. Also, so that when I revert to stock, I can be lazy and have this do it for me. Anyways, I was digressing. All of the source is posted on the website, along with links too the builds. You can find that all in the third post. So, to sum this post up, it can do root, custom recovery, stock recovery, adb shell, boot modes, and lastly ADB Terminal (Prompt) Thanks for using this.
1. Q: My Device isn't showing up....: A: Set LG Vortex to 'Modem Mode' and install the respective drivers.
2. Q: I'm getting errors, what do i do??? A: Get a screenshot of the error, and post it on the forums.
3. Q: What's rooting, and putting a recovery on my device? A: Why are you here? That's what I wanna know.
4. Q: Are you a Brony? A: YEP! PONY 4 LIFE MAN! (Rainbow Dash is best pony)
5. Q: Why am I not receiving a update notification when there is a new one? A: This is a bug, which means my hour of testing it under different scenarios has failed. Post on fourm, and explain what the output was.
Known Bugs: B6.5 Bugs- 1. Exiting out of 'Boot Menu' opens up donation.
B6.0 Bugs- 1. Will sometime not display loading screen.
B5.5 Bugs- 1. Zergrush still WIP\
2. Recovery is almost not requiring root.
v5.0 Bugs- 1. Recovery is root only.
2. ZergRush root option, may/may not work. RATC does for sure.
V4.5 Bugs- 1. Root, not working.
2. Recovery works when it's rooted only.
V4.0 Bugs- or ] (Preferred) 1. Root doesn't work 2. Recovery installs a old image (if it does at all)
1. When you try to exit boot mode selector, it closes. 2. Recovery sometimes may not operate. (Not sure) 3. If you chose not to install Windows Server Tools 2003, sleep command doesn't function.
1. Recovery code flat out doesn't work (When it's un'rem'ed) 2. Root code tends to not send Superuser correctly. 3. When Superuser is installed, it isn't sent as a system application. 4. Sleep command may/may not function.
* * * [V10 1:42PM 25/07/2013] Fixed Updater, switched to XML-based updater by me. Uhhh, fixed bug-logger. Updated CL. Other fixes.
[V6.5 12:31 11/14/2012] Small Bug Fixes, added in MD5CHECK compenents. Fixed a bit of issues with adb network and with the img dl. Added in ROMS menu, that includes forums links, etc.
[V6.0 13:22 10/14/2012] ALOT of Bug fixes, added stock recovery, it no longer includes 'stockrecovery.img' instead 'wget's it from my dropbox. Also, I shortened, and explained more of the code in the .bat. Yeah, that's really all....
[V5.5- 19:17 *10/5/2012] Fixed all-in-one package. (Root + Recovery). Improved startup screen, improved Setup code. Improved Root and Recovery interface to make it look less 'Clumped'.
[V4.5- 20:16 10/1/2012] Been coding for 5 hours straight... What i achieved was a fixed root, and the recovery actually installs! Oh goody! I can verify these work, and also I added the LG adb driver as part of "setup".
[V4.0- 12:23 10/1/2012] RECOVERY WORKS! I finally got myself a USB cord and it worked! In other news, I fixed some bugs, and some leftover "Cd %userprofile%/adb " references which had most likely cause root not to work for people who had used 3.0.
[V3.5- 12:02 9/24/2012] Root was tidyed up, added boot modes. Recovery code is nearing final (It's
'rem'ed so go into the bat and unrem it to use it.) Also, Simplified main code. (StandAlone)
[V3.0- 14:13 9/20/2012] Root Works for sure. Recovery is BETA, and that's all there is too it.
[13:10 9/20/2012] Root works, I unrooted with Superuser temp unroot, and then used RATC exploit, now is telling me its rooted . Recovery, is making HUGE progress, expect a beta of this to be released today.
[01:27 9/20/2012] Recovery installs; requires a little User Interaction. (Pushs file twice, then flashes it) Root is working, with RATC, but untill i get an unrooted stock, I can't test too see if it roots.
I apologize, I just now realised there is a MAJOR bug in my code making root not work. It is still able to do recovery, but without root I think of this as worthless, I will try to fix root, but if I can't I will make this Recovery installer Only, with a few added in extras. Once again, I apologize.
Edited at [20:18 10/1/2012]
Forgot all that, fix has been found. Also, recovery has been fixed.
Last edited by Jared631; October 2nd, 2012 at 01:19 AM.
Build 7.5 contains a Updater UI! It'll inform you whenever there is a new update! It also will allow you too download it! This is a major breakthrough for my scripts, as I've been working on this for a LONG time.
Anyways, enjoy the new update that addresses many issues too.
Well, since this thing is pretty stable. I'm Announcing Development STOPATION for this. I will still support it, and periodically release updates how I see fit, but I will not b e ACTIVELY developing it. Thanks for using this guys, and I hope you enjoyed it.
Also, I've moved my attention to PHP, HTML, and CSS.
it's been long time since I have LG vortex for the first time and I don't make any change to my vortex ROM. just rooted. then you create utility and I started to install custom recovery using it.
yes it works