Hi every one, this is my first post so please bare with me, I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place.
I'm a total noob in every aspect of every thing android and cell phone related.
I had a "jailed" iPhone for many years and 2 weeks ago I thought: "Let's try android for a change". I'm very happy I made the switch as android offer so much more customization and this forum has been extremely helpful.
Anyways, that's not why I'm here.
I have a Verizon HTC One that I use with a AT&T sim card (don't ask me why
) and it works fine... So after reading tons of info here and elsewhere I, of course, "RumRunned" it without any issue and then proceeded to flash Cyanogen 10.2, again without any problem. Well... I've encountered one problem:
I can receive sms but I cannot send sms or mms for that matter.
After some research I tried the following:
- Made sure that my APN setting were good. They are.
- Rebooted the phone multiple times.
- Dialed *#*#4636#*#* entered the proper AT&T SMSC PDU number: 07913121139418f0. This gives me an update error message. I also tried the Verizon SMSC number just for the hell of it, it didn't work... of course
- Installed Go SMS from the play store, enabled the "use custom SMSC option" (or something like that) and then entered the proper SMSC number for ATT. I tried the "true" number as well as the PDU conversion of the number without any success.
- Tried calling AT&T tech support. I will let you guys guess if that was of any help!
So here I am. I went into recovery and very sadly reinstalled the stock Sence OS and I can now send and receive sms without any problem. I tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* to see my SMSC number so I could revert back to cyanogen and punch it in, but this option is blocked in HTC Sence.
I think that this have something to do with using the verizon version of Cyanogenmod while using an AT&T sim card, but my opinion on the matter is worthless since, as I said before, I am an absolute nood.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.