[quote name='coreo' timestamp='1337608322' post='366179']
Recap how to root, install market and fix market.. thank everyone else for all of the procedures
thought i'd just put it all in one spot...
*Firmware of your choice from above..
*Market Install.rar http://www.mediafire.com/?9c5gqjdj6rpi7jr
*xmlfiles (1).zip http://www.mediafire.com/?ft28i70alfchc0m
*ES File Explorer.apk http://www.mediafire.com/?hy8o5okp2q2o5xr
extract firmware onto the root of your sd card..(dont unzip w17ref-ota-eng.zuguo.chen.zip inside the rar leave it alone)
put root_your_w17pro.zip onto the root of your external sdcard or somewhere you'll find it.(dont unzip it)
Unzip market install.rar and xmlfiles (1).zip to there own individual folders on your sd card and put esfile explorer on there aswell somewhere you'll find it later..
1. Flash the firmware, it will reboot automatically.(by turning off tablet then hold down volume "-" then "power"... release power then wait it should start flashing....)
2. Power off then take the sdcard out hold down the volume "-" and "power" again to get into recovery. Stick sdcard back in then install root_your_w17pro.zip (use "-" and "+" to move around then "power" to select) REBOOT..
3. go into file browser find and install ES File Explorer open it and go into settings scroll down the bottom and turn on "root Explorer" and "Mount File System" agree with the pop ups then follow below...(this gives you r/w access to the root filing system)
whilst your there may aswell click on view and choose details makes it easier to see file properties..
4. Copy the below files into System/App folder on your device (from where ever you put them on the sdcard)
Click Vending.apk to install, then REBOOT.
you can stop there if you like market will work, but you will be missing some apps...
5. to fix market to get more apps compatible
1. Backup /system/etc/permissions (just take a copy with ES file explorer..recommended just in case)
2. copy the xmlfiles files into /system/etc/permissions (android.hardware.location.gps.xml, android.hardware.location.xml, com.android.location.provider.xml, tablet_core_hardware.xml) agree to over write all of them
3. Make sure the file permission are rw-r-r (with ES file explorer, long tap then change properties on each file..to help you out all files in that directory need to be rw-r-r)
4. Go to settings->apps->all and tap Google Play Store
5. Click on Clear data
6. REBOOT tablet
market still not working
Go to settings->apps->all Go to “Google Play Store” again
‘Clear Cache’ if it lets you then ‘Force Stop’ — DO NOT Clear data
back and Go to “Google Services Framework”
‘Clear data’ then ‘Force Stop’
REBOOT your machine.
Then after reboot market is still not working.. then go into..
settings->apps->all google play store again open it but this time clear data if it lets you..
thats it exit open market up, login and you should now have full market access....Youtube...Facebook....WeatherZone...Soun dHound..angry birds...skype...etc
would be nice if somebody that new what they were doing could write a script to do all this..or pack it into the firmware..