Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Wildfire > Wildfire - All Things Root

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default htc wildfire no 3g after unlock

bought htc wildfire locked on 3 have unlocked it but cant get any data signal wireless works but when out of range says unable to connect no signal phone works fine for calls rang t mobile anf they changed all the network settings but still nothing any ideas would be great help

Advertisements
ezelife is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezelife View Post
bought htc wildfire locked on 3 have unlocked it but cant get any data signal wireless works but when out of range says unable to connect no signal phone works fine for calls rang t mobile anf they changed all the network settings but still nothing any ideas would be great help
Have you checked that you have a APN (Access Point Name) for 3 UK?
Follow these steps:
Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names
When you tap Access Point Names you may or may not see 3 UK either way reset or add 3 UK's APN

Name: 3 UK
APN: three.co.uk

Press menu and save, the other details will fill in automatically
__________________
Proud owner of the HTC One
I'm using Dropbox, why aren't you? Start now!! me and you get 500MB extra space free!!!!
Increase stock Wildfire speed, Stuff to do when rooted
If i've helped you, give thanks it shows people that my info is reliable
Rooting your Wildfire 2.2.1
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

sorry think i didnt explain phone was on three and i had it unlocked so could use t mobile but i cant get data signal on t mobile i have rang t mobile and they changed all the apns but still nothing if put old 3 sim into it data works fine so some how data signal is still locked to 3 any ideas would be great help
ezelife is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezelife View Post
sorry think i didnt explain phone was on three and i had it unlocked so could use t mobile but i cant get data signal on t mobile i have rang t mobile and they changed all the apns but still nothing if put old 3 sim into it data works fine so some how data signal is still locked to 3 any ideas would be great help
Ok then use this

Name: T-Mobile UK
APN: general.t-mobile.uk

If your not in the UK then use this

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey there,

I am currently experiencing the same problem. I bought an HTC Wildfire S in France, it worked fine, just had it unblocked so I could put my Orange English sim card in it and since then I can't get any 3G mobile network. Any idea on how I can fix this? (Mind you, I am pretty bad with technology, so please try to think like you're explaining things to a 3 year-old...)

Thank you!
Doune is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doune View Post
Hey there,

I am currently experiencing the same problem. I bought an HTC Wildfire S in France, it worked fine, just had it unblocked so I could put my Orange English sim card in it and since then I can't get any 3G mobile network. Any idea on how I can fix this? (Mind you, I am pretty bad with technology, so please try to think like you're explaining things to a 3 year-old...)

Thank you!
Like I said in my first comment, use the same process but instead of using the 3 UK APN, use the APN details for Orange UK.
So google Orange APN details and enter the Name and APN into your Wildfire and save it, then you should be able to browse the internet
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Wildfire > Wildfire - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.