Finally managed to root my phone using the Buzz Downgrade Method
, so no more annoying posts from me about that. The only difference i've found is that some stock apps (the one of them) weren't installed by default, but available on market, and that the splash screen was different (but i'm going to make a custom one anyway)
However, something strange happened to me when creating a ROM Manager backup of my ROM. Managed to fix it and thought that others might benefit. Apologies if this is a repeat of another thread, but i couldn't find one exactly the same here.
When running ClockworkMod ROM Manager i hit "Backup Current ROM", named it and then let it run. During the reboot into recovery however, my phone got stuck at the initial HTC Splash Screen
and sat there for a while. After a quick web search, i did the following:
BE WARNED, this method does (in theory) have the potential to cause damage as you are depriving your device of power whilst it is booting essential files and data. ONLY ATTEMPT THIS if your phone is unresponsive to any input you try to give it (button presses, scroll wheel swipes, throwing it against a wall
- Removed your battery, wait a few seconds, then reinsert
- Held down Power + Vol. Down to boot into bootloader.
- Once the bootloader menu loaded, select "Recovery"
- Upon entering into recovery, ClockworkMod should automatically start the Nandroid Backup (much to my surprise)
- Once it rebooted back to your Home Screen, double check "Manage & Restore Backups" and, lo and behold, your backup should be there, provided it completed succefully.
Haven't tried restoring from this backup, but it seems to have been created successfully. Just in case, i'm going to backup my stuff with Titanium so if things go wrong i can restore it back to where i was anyway.
Anyone else have this problem? Did this method fix yours? Let me know.