Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Wildfire S > Wildfire S - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree25Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #501 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Looks like you will have to root it again mate...
But your phone is S-OFF and it's a MarvelC.This guide is not the right one for you. This is ONLY for Marvel phones. The procedure for MarvelC phones is completely different.
This is the right guide for ya. As far as I know there is not need to unlock the bootloader. Although it is possible, this guide is much simpler. MarvelC phones thend to give problems while unlocking
[Tutorial] How to root CDMA wildfire s and s-off and other great tutorials - xda-developers

Caro332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro332 For This Useful Post:
CafeKampuchia (May 30th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #502 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
4A. First, download the HTC SuperTool v3 by frigid at xda-developers and don't forget to hit the thanks button on his thread! Be sure to get version 3, not 2! (Direct download here.)
Cafekampuchia, The direct link does not seem to be working anymore. It says file does not exist

edit: This is now the direct link
http://goo.im/apps/frigid/htcsupertoolv3.rar

edit2: I am currently facing a problem flashing clockworkmod recovery. Cafe, in one of your previous posts, you mentioned the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
Are you talking about 5.0.2.8? If so, use the installer for 5.0.2.6--it works fine. I was running 5.0.2.6 until today.

If that works, try upgrading to 5.0.2.8 using fastboot.
But when I go to the lsit, there are so many 5.0.2.6 versions, I'm not too sure which one would be the right one. You would do me a huge favour if you could let me know which one exactly would work for WFS.

According to XDA, quite a few WFS phones are having this problem and it seems that there is no solution as of yet Hope there is another way around this

Thanks in advance!

Lol...I feel like I'm the only one around here at this time I just keep on editing my post as no one else wants to post after me!
Caro332 is offline  
Last edited by Caro332; May 28th, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro332 For This Useful Post:
CafeKampuchia (May 30th, 2012)
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #503 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Hague
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S A510e Vodafone NL
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey guys, I have a A510e Marvel Wildfire S, branded Vodafone NL (the netherlands, S-ON), and i have already *** unlocked *** it, but when I try to root it with the Super Tool v3, it gives exactly the same errors as moustafaatchy at reply #50. I even tried the solutions CafeKampuchia gave him, but they didn't work either. Could anybody help me?
Timothycycling is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #504 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

hey CafeKampuchia well i guess ur current fav ROM is HTC sense 3.5 but sumthings really wrong with it.. something strange happened a few minutes back... i was using the phone... it was on low batt.. and it powered down... it was all normal till here... but now when i put it on charge and then trying to reboot it, it just goes from HTC wilfire s animation screen to beats audio screen in a loop... dunno wots happening.... ididnt even take a recent backup... please help....
jairaj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #505 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jairaj View Post
hey CafeKampuchia well i guess ur current fav ROM is HTC sense 3.5 but sumthings really wrong with it.. something strange happened a few minutes back... i was using the phone... it was on low batt.. and it powered down... it was all normal till here... but now when i put it on charge and then trying to reboot it, it just goes from HTC wilfire s animation screen to beats audio screen in a loop... dunno wots happening.... ididnt even take a recent backup... please help....
Haaa yes...the famous bootloop...I had the same problem. That's because the phone can't handle it. There is a way around it and Cafekampuchia mentioned it in one of the posts but I don't remember which one. I'll check it out and let you know
here it is Post No 195 I think
Quote:
These ROMs use overclocked kernel and your phone can't handle the full 806 mhz. I don't know what kernel jxmatteo is using, but if you are running m1ndh4x8r's EQDKP Sense 3.5 then you can flash this script to keep it from overclocking at boot. That should stop the reboots.
If you're not sure on how to flash it, the instructions are on post 202 (Page 5 I think)
6thinsomniac likes this.
Caro332 is offline  
Last edited by Caro332; May 29th, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro332 For This Useful Post:
jairaj (May 29th, 2012)
Old May 29th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #506 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro332 View Post
Haaa yes...the famous bootloop...I had the same problem. That's because the phone can't handle it. There is a way around it and Cafekampuchia mentioned it in one of the posts but I don't remember which one. I'll check it out and let you know
here it is Post No 195 I think

If you're not sure on how to flash it, the instructions are on post 202 (Page 5 I think)
Thanxx man...... i got so freaked out last night... i didnt even take backups.....
so i just flash this file like the way i flash any zip file.. right??
jairaj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #507 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

I think so. Just have a look at the instructions Cafe gave. It's pretty straight forward. It worked for him so I guess it should work for you.
BTW the dev of the ROM is now on AF as well and he has posted a more updated version of the rom. Here is his thread if you want to check it out
[ROM] EQDKP Sense 3.5 - GB2.3.5 idogx base - OC Kernel [m1ndh4x8r mod] 5-21-12
I think he said he managed to fix the bootloop problem in this version
Caro332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro332 For This Useful Post:
jairaj (May 29th, 2012)
Old May 29th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #508 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro332 View Post
I think so. Just have a look at the instructions Cafe gave. It's pretty straight forward. It worked for him so I guess it should work for you.
BTW the dev of the ROM is now on AF as well and he has posted a more updated version of the rom. Here is his thread if you want to check it out
[ROM] EQDKP Sense 3.5 - GB2.3.5 idogx base - OC Kernel [m1ndh4x8r mod] 5-21-12
I think he said he managed to fix the bootloop problem in this version
i really cant see those instructions.... which post r u talking about???
jairaj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #509 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Here you go:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
1. Download the script and put it on your SD card.
2. Start the phone into bootloader and run CWM Recovery.
3. Install the zip file for the script
It actually is just like you mentioned. Just flash it. That's it. He also recommends that you download No frills CPU after the flashing to avoid the problem from happening again
Caro332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro332 For This Useful Post:
jairaj (May 29th, 2012)
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #510 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

thnx dude... i actually have no frills and its on 768( i guess ) mhz... not on full overclock... and this happened... so i guess ill put it back to 600 mhz..
jairaj is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #511 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro332 View Post
Here you go:

It actually is just like you mentioned. Just flash it. That's it. He also recommends that you download No frills CPU after the flashing to avoid the problem from happening again
trouble again.... i did as told but its still happening... its still going in the loop.... i flashed the zip.. it told that frequencies are back to normal... 600~120.. but still the devil persists...
jairaj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #512 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jairaj View Post
trouble again.... i did as told but its still happening... its still going in the loop.... i flashed the zip.. it told that frequencies are back to normal... 600~120.. but still the devil persists...
OK...When I first installed the ROM I had the same problem and Cafekampuchia had told me to flash that file which I did. I, like you, had the same problem still. Didn't work for some reason. So I suggest you either wait for Cafekampuchi to come back and guide you, or flash a different ROM entirely, which is what I did
Caro332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro332 For This Useful Post:
jairaj (May 29th, 2012)
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:10 AM   #513 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro332 View Post
OK...When I first installed the ROM I had the same problem and Cafekampuchia had told me to flash that file which I did. I, like you, had the same problem still. Didn't work for some reason. So I suggest you either wait for Cafekampuchi to come back and guide you, or flash a different ROM entirely, which is what I did
okhay.... i guess i'll wait... coz i dont have any backups...
jairaj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #514 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

okay so i have a htc wildfire s with soff and it is rooted (has superuser and i can allow permissions) now what do i need to do to get cyanogenmod, and can i set up to dual boot between cyan and sense?
rionthywikidkl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #515 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

I'm not sure if it's possible to have dual boot. And even if you did, I don't think your internal memory would allow it. There isn't that much internal memory to begin with and if you want 2 roms on it, I doubt you'll be able to install anything else after that.
As for Cyanogen, I suggest you get Alquez's unofficial Cyanogen (In XDA forums) as for now, the official Cyanogen is not compatible with WFS. Once you have downloaded it in your SD card, make sure you download the gapps (Avaialble in ROM manager) as well on your SD card.
THen follow Cafekampuchia's instruction on how to flash a rom. Do the factory reset, flash the rom and before you restart, flash the gapps and then reboot.
And you should be good to go.
Caro332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro332 For This Useful Post:
CafeKampuchia (May 30th, 2012)
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #516 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a little problem with my phone after rooting it. Everything works great, but I noticed that now, after rooting it, I have to hold the power button longer for the shut down menu to appear. And when the phone is off, I only have to press the power button for less than a second, and the phone turns on, which a little annoying. It would be better if I had to hold it pressed for at least 1 second before it powers on. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.
mymoonsvabo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #517 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothycycling View Post
Hey guys, I have a A510e Marvel Wildfire S, branded Vodafone NL (the netherlands, S-ON), and i have already *** unlocked *** it, but when I try to root it with the Super Tool v3, it gives exactly the same errors as moustafaatchy at reply #50. I even tried the solutions CafeKampuchia gave him, but they didn't work either. Could anybody help me?
Timothy, welcome to Android Forums

Yes, some phones won't root with the Super Tool. Try this instead:
1. Skip ahead to step 5 and install ClockworkMod Recovery and backup your ROM.
2. Root using this alternate rooting method.
3. Install SuperSU from Google Play.
4. Reboot the phone.

Hope that helps!
__________________
Don't just say thanks, click Thanks
Guess what's coming on April 23rd... Click here to find out.
Android Forums Site Rules/Guidelines

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Last edited by CafeKampuchia; June 12th, 2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: added rebooting
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:10 AM   #518 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Jairaj, did you try to flash the updated ROM from this thread?
[ROM] EQDKP Sense 3.5 - GB2.3.5 idogx base - OC Kernel [m1ndh4x8r mod] 5-21-12

It isn't overclocked as high and will probably work.

Also, make 100% certain that you follow my ROM flashing procedure at the end of the guide. If you don't clear your cache (including dalvik) you will get bootloops with even a good ROM.

If that doesn't do it, let me know!
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #519 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionthywikidkl View Post
okay so i have a htc wildfire s with soff and it is rooted (has superuser and i can allow permissions) now what do i need to do to get cyanogenmod, and can i set up to dual boot between cyan and sense?
Glad you finally got it rooted while I was gone!

If I remember correctly, you have a MarvelC and there is no fully functional CM7 or Sense 3.5 ROM for your phone. You can try them out, but be 100% sure that you've backed up your stock ROM first because you will be going back to it.

And there is no way to dual boot an HTC as far as I know. Maybe there is and I don't know about it In any case,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro332 View Post
I'm not sure if it's possible to have dual boot. And even if you did, I don't think your internal memory would allow it. There isn't that much internal memory to begin with and if you want 2 roms on it, I doubt you'll be able to install anything else after that.
+1
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #520 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Mymoonsvabo, welcome to Android Forums!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymoonsvabo View Post
I have a little problem with my phone after rooting it. Everything works great, but I noticed that now, after rooting it, I have to hold the power button longer for the shut down menu to appear. And when the phone is off, I only have to press the power button for less than a second, and the phone turns on, which a little annoying. It would be better if I had to hold it pressed for at least 1 second before it powers on. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.
Hmmmm... that's really weird. I can understand that changing after installing a custom ROM, but not just rooting. Maybe it comes from the custom recovery? In any case, I'm not sure it can be changed. If it really bothers you, you could re-flash the stock recovery, but then you'd loose most of the benefit of rooting
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Last edited by CafeKampuchia; May 30th, 2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Add note
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:09 PM   #521 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Hague
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S A510e Vodafone NL
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey CafeKampuchia, thanks a lot for your reply! I am going to try it within five minutes, I will tell you if it worked.

Update: When I try to update the PG76IMG, appears on the screen: "Main version is older! Update Fail! Press <POWER> to reboot."
Do you have a solution for that?
Timothycycling is offline  
Last edited by Timothycycling; May 31st, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:38 PM   #522 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothycycling View Post
Update: When I try to update the PG76IMG, appears on the screen: "Main version is older! Update Fail! Press <POWER> to reboot."
Do you have a solution for that?
Timothy, I'm assuming that you're trying to flash a PG76IMG.zip to flash ClockworkMod Recovery as per the other rooting guide. Don't do it that way as his Recovery is beyond outdated. Flash the Recovery using step 5 of my guide using FASTBOOT commands. Then go to the other guide only to root the phone by flashing root.zip. Then come back to my guide to finish per my post above.

Hope that helps!
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 02:46 AM   #523 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S: S-ON, Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default WildCHild

Cafe! other than CM7 and hensemod 6, i have problems flashing any other rom...it's always stuck at the irritating htc logo.....what do i do?

i've just tried installing wildchild by tigger33713 , but i still face the same problem, though no one else seems to have the boot problem with wildchild...

I'm currently using CM7, but would really love to try out the .sense/WildChild ROMs. If stuff could work on your phones, I think they should on ours too, right?

ANd do you think flashing that script for OC that you've mentioned previously could help?
6thinsomniac is offline  
Last edited by 6thinsomniac; June 2nd, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 02:58 AM   #524 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): htc wildfire s marvel a510e
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi guys!I've made un update OTA and now i have software version 2.26.401.3 and HBOOT 1.09.0099.The phone has became with 2.3.5 GB.The question is if i must make HBOOT update in order to unlock it,or allready is updated?My carrier is Orange Romania.
sorinaugusto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:10 AM   #525 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S: S-ON, Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

CM7 always comes with FOTAKill. How'd you manage to get a FOTA update?
6thinsomniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #526 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I followed all the steps and got it ***unlocked***, rooted but it doesnt seem like programs recognizes my phone as a rooted phone. Whenever I open one of those root-needed programs, it asks to enable it on superuser. I had to download superuser manually and nothing asks if I want to enable anything. Help please
lostmemoriiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #527 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S: S-ON, Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmemoriiz View Post
I followed all the steps and got it ***unlocked***, rooted but it doesnt seem like programs recognizes my phone as a rooted phone. Whenever I open one of those root-needed programs, it asks to enable it on superuser. I had to download superuser manually and nothing asks if I want to enable anything. Help please
Look, ideally, once you've downloaded Superuser, stuff such as Link2SD or root-required programs will need permission from Superuser...not all the programs...have you any root-required programs?
6thinsomniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #528 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thinsomniac View Post
Look, ideally, once you've downloaded Superuser, stuff such as Link2SD or root-required programs will need permission from Superuser...not all the programs...have you any root-required programs?
I'm trying to use link2sd but it said I'm either not rooted or I didnt grant permission from superuser. But nothing asked for permission @__@ Is something supposed to pop up or is there something I'm supposed to do on superuser settings or something? /:
lostmemoriiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #529 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmemoriiz View Post
I'm trying to use link2sd but it said I'm either not rooted or I didnt grant permission from superuser. But nothing asked for permission @__@ Is something supposed to pop up or is there something I'm supposed to do on superuser settings or something? /:
Yes a pop-up is supposed to come and ask for permission. Sometimes the method given in the guide doesn't work. THere is a second way of rooting it. Just look at the previous posts (not too far back, probably the previous page). Someone was not able to root with the guide given and so Cafekampuchia gave an alternative method.
Caro332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #530 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S: S-ON, Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Caro, could you please help me with my problem too? it's post #523...

Even flashing the Dust kernel is no good....I hate it!!!!!
6thinsomniac is offline  
Last edited by 6thinsomniac; June 4th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #531 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

6thinsomniac, not sure why it's not working for you....
Have you taken a nandroid backup of your stock rom? If so I suggest you revert to your stock rom, and try flashing the new rom you want....Maybe that would work
Caro332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #532 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S: S-ON, Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

My phone sucks. Big time! I can't even OC to 768Mhz...this is mind-boggling!
I'm going to stick to HenseMod7 till someone comes up with some solution.
And if someone does come up with a solution, please let me know. PLEASE!
6thinsomniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #533 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

I have been using CM 7 from the beginning and have been really happy with it so I never really tried any other different roms...Therefore, cannot really help. But if you look in the Wildfire S - All things root, disciplexone has posted quite a few threads, all Sense ROMS and I think he's put a guide on all of them on how to flash them. He says that if you follow the instructions properly, it should work perfectly.
Maybe you could check it out.
6thinsomniac likes this.
Caro332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro332 For This Useful Post:
6thinsomniac (June 5th, 2012)
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #534 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Just after root access

I now have the following on my Wildfire S - PG76120
Android version: 2.3.5
Software number: 2.17.781.2

*** UNLOCKED ***
MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.09.0099
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.56.39.09M
Feb 8 2012,18:29:31

I just want root access so that I can remove a bunch of the HTC bundled applications, but can't seem to get it by running either htcsupertoolv3 or using Wildfire S Manager.

Any ideas on how to just get root access?
pc007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #535 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S: S-ON, Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Have you installed superuser??
6thinsomniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #536 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It still doesn't work whatever app I download that requires root says that they don't recognize my phone as a rooted phone and I don't have the bu bin, busybox.. I repeated step 4 using the supertool and again it said my phone was successfully rooted using the first alternative (typing 1 enter, 3 enter, reboot). I didn't do step 5, can that be the problem? I tried step 5A tho but when I typed in the command in the command prompt, it said it doesn't recognize the command as a internal or external command, operable program, or batch file. Please helppp ):
lostmemoriiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #537 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caro332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S rooted with CM 10 (RIP); HTC One unrooted; Sony Xperia Z Unrooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 238 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmemoriiz View Post
It still doesn't work whatever app I download that requires root says that they don't recognize my phone as a rooted phone and I don't have the bu bin, busybox.. I repeated step 4 using the supertool and again it said my phone was successfully rooted using the first alternative (typing 1 enter, 3 enter, reboot). I didn't do step 5, can that be the problem? I tried step 5A tho but when I typed in the command in the command prompt, it said it doesn't recognize the command as a internal or external command, operable program, or batch file. Please helppp ):
Have a loot at the different method in post No 517 (same page)
Caro332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro332 For This Useful Post:
CafeKampuchia (June 6th, 2012)
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #538 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Trying to root my WFS

Hi everybody,

I'm new to Android Forums and a new user of WFS. I'm trying to root my phone but i still don't know if my phone is a A510a,b or e (it's GSM ;D). Tried to bootloading and that is what appears:

MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.03.0000
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.50.36.16M
Jun 2 2011, 16:17:50

After doing some research, i find that that difference between models is gsm radio frequency. As the manual of my phone informs that the phone suports a frequency 850-1900MHZ, i'm guessing my model is an A510a right? If so, this guide works for it? In which step should i begin?

Waiting for reply. Regards!
Lotoy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #539 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
Timothy, welcome to Android Forums

Yes, some phones won't root with the Super Tool. Try this instead:
1. Skip ahead to step 5 and install ClockworkMod Recovery and backup your ROM.
2. Root using this alternate rooting method.
3. Install SuperSU from Google Play.

Hope that helps!
The link doesn't work ):
lostmemoriiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #540 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How exactly do I back up my stock rom after rooting?
Is HTC sense 2.1 and Andriod 2.3.3 two separate roms?
Please list the details of how to back up all the original stock rom on HTC Wildfire S...
293261352 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #541 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S: S-ON, Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 293261352 View Post
How exactly do I back up my stock rom after rooting?
Is HTC sense 2.1 and Andriod 2.3.3 two separate roms?
Please list the details of how to back up all the original stock rom on HTC Wildfire S...
Sense 2.1 and Android 2.3.3 are different things, but can be together. You could have Sense 2.1 with Android 2.3.3 or android 2.3.5...Sense belongs to HTC, while Android is Google-owned.
6thinsomniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6thinsomniac For This Useful Post:
CafeKampuchia (June 6th, 2012)
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #542 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 293261352 View Post
How exactly do I back up my stock rom after rooting?
Is HTC sense 2.1 and Andriod 2.3.3 two separate roms?
Please list the details of how to back up all the original stock rom on HTC Wildfire S...
Please check out step 5 of the guide to install the custom recovery and do a backup from recovery.
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CafeKampuchia For This Useful Post:
293261352 (June 8th, 2012)
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #543 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmemoriiz View Post
The link doesn't work ):
Sorry! Try this:
[GUIDE] How to Root the Wildfire S

I'll fix the link in my post above.
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #544 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc007 View Post
I now have the following on my Wildfire S - PG76120
Android version: 2.3.5
Software number: 2.17.781.2

*** UNLOCKED ***
MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.09.0099
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.56.39.09M
Feb 8 2012,18:29:31

I just want root access so that I can remove a bunch of the HTC bundled applications, but can't seem to get it by running either htcsupertoolv3 or using Wildfire S Manager.

Any ideas on how to just get root access?
Try the way of the ancients :
[GUIDE] How to Root the Wildfire S

All you need is step 2. Come back and run Step 5 of this guide after that.

Cheers!
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #545 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotoy View Post
Hi everybody,

I'm new to Android Forums and a new user of WFS. I'm trying to root my phone but i still don't know if my phone is a A510a,b or e (it's GSM ;D). Tried to bootloading and that is what appears:

MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.03.0000
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.50.36.16M
Jun 2 2011, 16:17:50

After doing some research, i find that that difference between models is gsm radio frequency. As the manual of my phone informs that the phone suports a frequency 850-1900MHZ, i'm guessing my model is an A510a right? If so, this guide works for it? In which step should i begin?

Waiting for reply. Regards!
Welcome to Android Forums

If you are an Australia/New Zealand user it's an A510b (Marvel) and this rooting guide will work for your phone. Just don't flash the ROM for an A510e (step 2) or it may flash a new radio and mess up your frequencies.
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #546 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thinsomniac View Post
My phone sucks. Big time! I can't even OC to 768Mhz...this is mind-boggling!
I'm going to stick to HenseMod7 till someone comes up with some solution.
And if someone does come up with a solution, please let me know. PLEASE!
First, when installing any ROM or backing up a nandroid, make sure you do a factory reset, wipe the cache partition and delete dalvik cache.

If that doesn't work, get the right RUU for your phone and run it while your phone is booted in bootloader and connected via USB in fastboot USB mode.
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CafeKampuchia For This Useful Post:
6thinsomniac (June 7th, 2012)
Old June 7th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #547 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire S: S-ON, Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
First, when installing any ROM or backing up a nandroid, make sure you do a factory reset, wipe the cache partition and delete dalvik cache.

If that doesn't work, get the right RUU for your phone and run it while your phone is booted in bootloader and connected via USB in fastboot USB mode.
Okay, as you said I've created a new thread WFS Can't Over-Clock & Stuck @ Boot Screen

I've done all the RUU stuff and have S-On unlocked on my phone...that's how I've been able to flash CM7 and HenseMod...I used hTC Asia India RUU...if the 2 mentioned ROMs work fine, then why don't other ROMs go past the boot screen....?
6thinsomniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #548 (permalink)
Member
 
slimchance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): Samsung S3 Mini i8190N Rooted and running Maclaw's Slim Rom 4.3 with TWRP recovery. Wildfire S (R
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Running the RUU for my carrier (vodafone UK), it will not flash telling me:

'Your ROM version is not the latest version. Please upgrade to 2.14.161.1 to apply this RUU to be able to unlock the bootloader'

I've tried this process at least 3 times!

But when I go to software updates on my phone and check for updates it tells me my phone's software is up to date. I upgraded to 2.3.5 a couple of weeks ago, but my ROM version is only 2.6.35.10.

I've also tried saving rom_01.zip and rom_02.zip and renaming rom_01.zip to PG76IMG.zip and transferring it to my sd card and attempting to install from there only to get the error message 'Main version is older'

Wildfire S 'Marvel'
PG7610000
Android Version 2.3.5
Software number: 2.26.161.1
Kernel version 2.6.35.10
Build number 2.26.161.1
slimchance is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #549 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

First of all - thank you CafeKampuchia, great tutorial, worked perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimchance View Post
Running the RUU for my carrier (vodafone UK), it will not flash telling me:

'Your ROM version is not the latest version. Please upgrade to 2.14.161.1 to apply this RUU to be able to unlock the bootloader'

I've tried this process at least 3 times!

But when I go to software updates on my phone and check for updates it tells me my phone's software is up to date. I upgraded to 2.3.5 a couple of weeks ago, but my ROM version is only 2.6.35.10.

I've also tried saving rom_01.zip and rom_02.zip and renaming rom_01.zip to PG76IMG.zip and transferring it to my sd card and attempting to install from there only to get the error message 'Main version is older'

Wildfire S 'Marvel'
PG7610000
Android Version 2.3.5
Software number: 2.26.161.1
Kernel version 2.6.35.10
Build number 2.26.161.1

had the same problem, could not up update RUU, so i just continued with instructions to unlock bootloader and it worked fine..try without updating RUU then
digitalsarma is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digitalsarma For This Useful Post:
CafeKampuchia (June 7th, 2012), slimchance (June 7th, 2012)
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:07 AM   #550 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,657
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsarma View Post
First of all - thank you CafeKampuchia, great tutorial, worked perfectly!

had the same problem, could not up update RUU, so i just continued with instructions to unlock bootloader and it worked fine..try without updating RUU then
Thanks for the compliment and for taking care of his question. It's true that these newer RUUs come with an unlockable bootloader so it's possible to fast-forward to step 3C. I'll update the guide soon!
CafeKampuchia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
gsm, root, s-on, wildfire s


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Wildfire S > Wildfire S - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s.html
Posted By For Type Date
[Q] Install To SD Card - xda-developers This thread Refback June 3rd, 2012 05:20 PM
[HowTo-Wildfire-S]: custom Recovery > perm. Root / custom Rom - Seite 23 - Android-Hilfe.de This thread Refback March 17th, 2012 02:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.