Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Wildfire S > Wildfire S - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 111
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 77 Times in 28 Posts
Default [Video Tut] How to Root the Wildfire S (GSM) and install CWM Recovery

Hi Guys,

Made an HD video on how to root the HTC Wildfire S and install CWM Recovery...

(HD) How to Root the HTC Wildfire S - Cursed4Eva - YouTube

Hope it helps

Cursed4Eva

Cursed4Eva is offline  
Last edited by Cursed4Eva; April 26th, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cursed4Eva For This Useful Post:
jimbrechin (July 30th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,687
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,130
Thanked 1,131 Times in 567 Posts
Default

This tutorial is for what model of Wildfire S? Video tutorials are notorious for bricking people's phones because they often lack clear information. Just saying "for Wildfire S" isn't clear enough because there are 4 different versions that don't have interchangeable recoveries or ROMs.
__________________
Don't just say thanks, click Thanks
Guess what's coming on April 23rd... Click here to find out.
Android Forums Site Rules/Guidelines

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
CafeKampuchia is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 111
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 77 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
This tutorial is for what model of Wildfire S? Video tutorials are notorious for bricking people's phones because they often lack clear information. Just saying "for Wildfire S" isn't clear enough because there are 4 different versions that don't have interchangeable recoveries or ROMs.
There is only one wildfire s listed in htc dev bro... please tell me what models... I thought this is common as htcdev listed only one
Cursed4Eva is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,687
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,130
Thanked 1,131 Times in 567 Posts
Default

Every different PG76XXXX in the list at htcdev.com is a different model, some GSM and some CDMA and the RUUs aren't always interchangeable. GSM and CDMA also use different CWM recoveries. If a CDMA owner flashes GSM stuff or vice versa it will soft brick the device. And since noobs gravitate toward video tutorials, they are just the kind of people to run into trouble and not know how to unbrick the phone.

Also, for the CDMA phones, it's much easier to root by gaining s-off than unlocking the bootloader.
CafeKampuchia is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 111
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 77 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
Every different PG76XXXX in the list at htcdev.com is a different model, some GSM and some CDMA and the RUUs aren't always interchangeable. GSM and CDMA also use different CWM recoveries. If a CDMA owner flashes GSM stuff or vice versa it will soft brick the device. And since noobs gravitate toward video tutorials, they are just the kind of people to run into trouble and not know how to unbrick the phone.

Also, for the CDMA phones, it's much easier to root by gaining s-off than unlocking the bootloader.
Oh this is a GSM Phone (Sim Card Model) So Shall I add GSM Only in the header or are there more details... sorry bro... I usually am very careful and do video tuts for devices that I own... this time made this for my friend thought Id help out others too... have 30 odd tuts with no issues so far... dont want to mess up the good rep
Cursed4Eva is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,687
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,130
Thanked 1,131 Times in 567 Posts
Default

The important thing is that they match their phone model (ie, PG76XXXX) as found under the battery with the RUU they try to install. The good news is that the RUU usually won't install if it's the wrong one.

CWM Recovery is a different matter. There are only two choices, Marvel/GSM and MarvelC/CDMA. Flashing the wrong one can soft brick the phone. So definitely mention it in the thread title that this is for GSM.
CafeKampuchia is online now  
Last edited by CafeKampuchia; April 24th, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 111
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 77 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
The important thing is that they match their phone model (ie, PG76XXXX) as found under the battery with the RUU they try to install. The good news is that the RUU usually won't install if it's the wrong one.

CWM Recovery is a different matter. There are only two choices, Marvel/GSM and MarvelC/CDMA. Flashing the wrong one can soft brick the phone. So definitely mention it in the thread title that this is for GSM.
Added GSM to the title... to unlock bootloader, its the same for all models... Thanks Bro!
Cursed4Eva is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
clockworkmod, recovery, root wilfire s, rooting, wildfire s


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Wildfire S > Wildfire S - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.