Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Wildfire > Wildfire - Support and Troubleshooting

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 27th, 2012, 06:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cry HTC WILDFIRE STUCK AT BOOT SCREEN(please help none of the conventional methods are working))

I have(hopefully not had) a rooted HTC wildfire 2.2.1, s-off, NO custom roms and NO clockwork mod recovery. I made a change to my font and the phone had to reboot to register the changes, I chose reboot from the in-app menu but it didn't reboot but the phone responded, I waited for 15 mins and used the quick reboot function in another app, at this point the phone froze.. after 30 mins of no response, I pulled out the battery and tried switching it on..... Since then it has been stuck on the boot screen with HTC on it. I accessed the bootloader menu and tried clearing memory..... nothing works, PLEASE HELP.

Advertisements
nomore4991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore4991 View Post
I have(hopefully not had) a rooted HTC wildfire 2.2.1, s-off, NO custom roms and NO clockwork mod recovery. I made a change to my font and the phone had to reboot to register the changes, I chose reboot from the in-app menu but it didn't reboot but the phone responded, I waited for 15 mins and used the quick reboot function in another app, at this point the phone froze.. after 30 mins of no response, I pulled out the battery and tried switching it on..... Since then it has been stuck on the boot screen with HTC on it. I accessed the bootloader menu and tried clearing memory..... nothing works, PLEASE HELP.
Wait how can you be rooted and have s-off but no bootloader,
If your able to follow these steps follow then do the instructions:
Turn of device, hold volume & power button, wait till phone boots, then select recovery
Since you've got a rooted Wildfire, just perform a nandroid backup, and reflash your ROM.
Just download your ROM and put your sd card in another phone, connect it to your computer, transfer your ROM to your phones sd card, then replace the sd card back into your Wildfire
__________________
Proud owner of the HTC One
I'm using Dropbox, why aren't you? Start now!! me and you get 500MB extra space free!!!!
Increase stock Wildfire speed, Stuff to do when rooted
If i've helped you, give thanks it shows people that my info is reliable
Rooting your Wildfire 2.2.1
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

See, that's the thing, when i press recovery(after I press power+volume down) an image of a phone appears on the screen and a red danger triangle beside it. What do I do?
nomore4991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm new to rooting and rooted my phone only last week using super one click what i probably meant to say is that i don't have clockworkmod recovery please bear with me.
nomore4991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore4991 View Post
I'm new to rooting and rooted my phone only last week using super one click what i probably meant to say is that i don't have clockworkmod recovery please bear with me.
Ahhh,
Your only option may be a factory reset :/
But still research, without clockwork recovery your solutions may be limited or non-existent

With root comes problems, clockwork recovery should be there to solve them because it can always be accessed (unless your power & volume button is broken)
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChryzaorFlux View Post
Ahhh,
Your only option may be a factory reset :/
But still research, without clockwork recovery your solutions may be limited or non-existent

With root comes problems, clockwork recovery should be there to solve them because it can always be accessed (unless your power & volume button is broken)
Ok so let me get this straight.... If my phone has been successfully rooted I should be able to access the clockwork mod recovery, unless my volume or power button is broken... They both work and I am able to access the this menu(please forgive my vivid description, i'm not quite sure about what it's called) there are these 3 small android logos tilted in different angles and then there is fast boot, recovery, lock sim and clear storage no touch screen access but i can navigate using the volume buttons or trackpad. What next?
nomore4991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore4991 View Post
Ok so let me get this straight.... If my phone has been successfully rooted I should be able to access the clockwork mod recovery, unless my volume or power button is broken... They both work and I am able to access the this menu(please forgive my vivid description, i'm not quite sure about what it's called) there are these 3 small android logos tilted in different angles and then there is fast boot, recovery, lock sim and clear storage no touch screen access but i can navigate using the volume buttons or trackpad. What next?
Ok your on the hboot menu,
Btw you have to have a ROM to flash (install) in your sd card, if you dont have one put it on,
Select recovery
If you go to a menu similar to this here
Select install zip from sdcard, then find your ROM select your ROM then select yes
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Still no luck, as I don't have the menu. So there is absolutely nothing that can be done?
nomore4991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore4991 View Post
Still no luck, as I don't have the menu. So there is absolutely nothing that can be done?
If you dont have clockwork recovery, i doubt you'll be able to do anything sorry mate.

But continue googling, make sure you include specific error readings
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hello,
i have the exact same problem with my wildfire. i don't know how to go about it..
-rooted phone with s-off(gained using revolutionary)
i installed clockwork recovery and rom manger also! when i try to back-up through rom manager or try getting into recovery through hboot, the phones symbol with a caution sign pops up..
please help. thank you
vishalvishwa is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalvishwa View Post
hello,
i have the exact same problem with my wildfire. i don't know how to go about it..
-rooted phone with s-off(gained using revolutionary)
i installed clockwork recovery and rom manger also! when i try to back-up through rom manager or try getting into recovery through hboot, the phones symbol with a caution sign pops up..
please help. thank you
Have you tried accessing recovery through turning of your device, holding the power & volume button simultanously then when the screen with the 3 androids on skateboards appear select recovery?

When i try to backup with Rom manager, i get the same problem, ive learnt just to go straight to recovery manually
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I did that already n did that again just a few minutes ago. Still the same result.
A symbol of my phone with a caution sign on it.
vishalvishwa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I did that already n did that again just a few minutes ago. Still the same result.
A symbol of my phone with a caution sign on it.
vishalvishwa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalvishwa View Post
I did that already n did that again just a few minutes ago. Still the same result.
A symbol of my phone with a caution sign on it.
Ok so your problem is that you are stuck at the HTC boot screen and are unable to access Clockwork recovery

What app did you use that caused the problem?

I cant remember but there was a font changing app i used once and i had the same problem as you,

I think a solution would be to use an RUU but that means all your data will be gone (i doubt there is a way to actually keep it)
Solution is here it worked
1) Download your RUU here (choose the first one under Froyo RUUs)
2) Boot into Hboot (you should know how to)
3) Connect your phone to your PC
4) Select fastboot on your Wildfire
5) Run the RUU program, once it has finished reboot your device
If your device is still suck then boot into your hboot menu & continue
6) Download unrEVOked 3.21 and run the program
7) After it finishes, your phone should load & problem solved you should also keep all your data somehow...

Good luck

I would like to thank vishalvishwa for actually following my process which i would have no idea would work xD
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Last edited by ChryzaorFlux; April 23rd, 2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added hyperlink i forgot & additional info
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChryzaorFlux For This Useful Post:
cadam11 (May 7th, 2012), nomore4991 (May 7th, 2012), vishalvishwa (April 21st, 2012)
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

get the clockworkmod recovery image and flash it on with cmd. you have to be in fastboot to flash it on.
cadam11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChryzaorFlux View Post
Ok so your problem is that you are stuck at the HTC boot screen and are unable to access Clockwork recovery

What app did you use that caused the problem?

I cant remember but there was a font changing app i used once and i had the same problem as you,

I think a solution would be to use an RUU but that means all your data will be gone (i doubt there is a way to actually keep it)
Solution is here it worked
1) Download your RUU here (choose the first one under Froyo RUUs)
2) Boot into Hboot (you should know how to)
3) Connect your phone to your PC
4) Select fastboot on your Wildfire
5) Run the RUU program, once it has finished reboot your device
If your device is still suck then boot into your hboot menu & continue
6) Download unrEVOked 3.21 and run the program
7) After it finishes, your phone should load & problem solved you should also keep all your data somehow...

Good luck

I would like to thank vishalvishwa for actually following my process which i would have no idea would work xD
WOW! IT WORKED! THE F****** font app caused the problem for you too ? That is what caused my problem too! Thank You so much!
nomore4991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
ChryzaorFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 418
 
Device(s): HTC One :D HTC Wildfire (rooted)
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 14
Thanked 85 Times in 64 Posts
mr.aughaonu@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore4991 View Post
WOW! IT WORKED! THE F****** font app caused the problem for you too ? That is what caused my problem too! Thank You so much!
Oh nahh, just a random idea that i thought might work

Im glad it worked for you dude
ChryzaorFlux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
boot, boot screen stuck, htc, htc wildfire, rooted, rooted 2.2.1., wildfire


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Wildfire > Wildfire - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.