November 17th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=lucsp;3229288]Method for sound boost.
- Open the 'Root Explorer' app
- Go into the '/system' folder
- Then go into the '/etc' folder
- Navigate down to the 'init.sh' file
- (Long) Press on it until a menu appears, and then navigate to 'Open in Text Editor' and select it.
- At the bottom of the text, add these 2 lines (type them exactly as they are printed here) :
alsa_amixer sset 'Playback Boost' 2
alsa_amixer sset 'Capture Boost' 3
- Press the Menu button, then press 'Save & Exit'
- Reboot your tablet, enjoy better volume!
(Sorry I had to edit your post in this reply due to not being allowed the link as a new user)
I registered here to say thank you. I followed your instruction and it worked perfectly. I think people need to be realistic about sound quality and volume from this device but using your advice, I can actually hear it without straining now.