Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 > X10 - All Things Root
X10 - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
View Poll Results: Was this thread usefull for you?
Yes 30 96.77%
No 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #51 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry I'm going to ask a really stupid question. I am trying to debrand an x10 Mini(E10i with FW 2.1-update1), think the latest firmware I need to download is:

ADDED: X10i 2.1_2.0.2.A.0.24_GENERIC with DualTouch already in HERE just need to flash once

The folder once unpacked is called "E10i-CUSTOMIZED UK-1237-0392-10A136" and contains two files name 1 & 2 which have no FTF file extensions or any file extensions. Am I to use the files whilst attempting the HARD WAY?

There is also the below file I have also downloaded:

X10 mini ftf files
E10i UK


It's probably just me but I am not getting what I am supposed to do with these files.

The E10i files produces 9 SIN files which relate to the HARD WAY, but does not contain the FW file I was expecting from the tutorial. I just need a bit of help. I am sick to death of this Operator FW.

Advertisements
Darkwaxer is offline  
Last edited by Darkwaxer; January 8th, 2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Add more detail to prevent a further post.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 9th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #52 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
beau420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,105
 
Device(s): x10a 2.3.3 (with x10i ROM from T.E.A.M. ROM V4.0)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 177 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwaxer View Post
Sorry I'm going to ask a really stupid question. I am trying to debrand an x10 Mini(E10i with FW 2.1-update1), think the latest firmware I need to download is:

ADDED: X10i 2.1_2.0.2.A.0.24_GENERIC with DualTouch already in HERE just need to flash once

The folder once unpacked is called "E10i-CUSTOMIZED UK-1237-0392-10A136" and contains two files name 1 & 2 which have no FTF file extensions or any file extensions. Am I to use the files whilst attempting the HARD WAY?

There is also the below file I have also downloaded:

X10 mini ftf files
E10i UK


It's probably just me but I am not getting what I am supposed to do with these files.

The E10i files produces 9 SIN files which relate to the HARD WAY, but does not contain the FW file I was expecting from the tutorial. I just need a bit of help. I am sick to death of this Operator FW.
The x10 mini is very different from the regular x10.

Please create a new thread and ask here:

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini - Android Forums

or here

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro - Android Forums

Depending on which phone you have.
beau420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM   #53 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default some apps invisible...

I managed to get rid of an app I didn't want, and to put in a new one.
What I realised is that several apps which are on the xperia x10i do not show up in the list in the Flashtool panel - including the one I put in.
(The one I added turned out to be all in Chinese - a comprehensive satnave app with lots of maps stored in the memory card - 2.5 GB!. So I have a good incentive to get rid if it].

The apps which the phone came with, and which don't show up on the flashtool screen are:
facebook
track ID
music shop
news & weather
postcard
shop

Anyone got any idea what going on here [and how do I get that chinese thing out]??
Much appreciated

John
john108 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
beau420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,105
 
Device(s): x10a 2.3.3 (with x10i ROM from T.E.A.M. ROM V4.0)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 177 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john108 View Post
I managed to get rid of an app I didn't want, and to put in a new one.
What I realised is that several apps which are on the xperia x10i do not show up in the list in the Flashtool panel - including the one I put in.
(The one I added turned out to be all in Chinese - a comprehensive satnave app with lots of maps stored in the memory card - 2.5 GB!. So I have a good incentive to get rid if it].

The apps which the phone came with, and which don't show up on the flashtool screen are:
facebook
track ID
music shop
news & weather
postcard
shop

Anyone got any idea what going on here [and how do I get that chinese thing out]??
Much appreciated

John
Once you have rooted your phone. Install Titanium Backup app. Then open the app and uninstall the apps you don't want.

Make sure to search for a list of apps you can remove and won't cause a problem.

And if you still have any questions, please create a thread asking for help specifically.

This thread is old and doesn't pertain to your issue.
beau420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM   #55 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Thanks Beau

I'll post on the relevant page if i need more help.

May I ask first: do you mean that Titanium Backup used with FlashTool will make those apps visible?

John
john108 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 11:19 AM   #56 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default and....

Would I install the Titanium onto my pc or phone??

Thanks
john108 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM   #57 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
beau420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,105
 
Device(s): x10a 2.3.3 (with x10i ROM from T.E.A.M. ROM V4.0)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 177 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john108 View Post
Would I install the Titanium onto my pc or phone??

Thanks
Google search is your friend.

I don't see any Titanium Backup for PC.

It is for the phone.
beau420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #58 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for replying again, Beau. What I meant to ask was if, in order to get the app to do its work, would it need to be running on my pc while connected to the phone.
Anyway, I'll probably find that out on Backup's download website.
John
john108 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
beau420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,105
 
Device(s): x10a 2.3.3 (with x10i ROM from T.E.A.M. ROM V4.0)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 177 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john108 View Post
Thanks for replying again, Beau. What I meant to ask was if, in order to get the app to do its work, would it need to be running on my pc while connected to the phone.
Anyway, I'll probably find that out on Backup's download website.
John
All Android apps are on the Android Market

No need for a PC.

Connect to market. search for Titanium....should be first thing it finds. Titanium Backup...the free one.
beau420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 > X10 - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/272949-flashtool-guide-how-n00bies.html
Posted By For Type Date
rom per xperia mini pro kernel 2.6.29 - Virgilio Ricerca Web This thread Refback April 7th, 2012 03:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.