Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Motorola XOOM > Xoom - Accessories

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default Speaker dock with other devices?

So, I picked up a speaker dock for my Xoom, and Im curious if I could use it for any other devices? I wouldnt mind using it with my Bolt. From what I know of the dock, the USB port on there is what produces the sound. If Im wrong about this, please correct me. lol.

I was thinking that I could get a mini usb cable and plug it into my bolt or any other mini USB capable device.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Micro-B-Male-to-Micro-B-Female-Extender-Cable-/320862550908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab4e5 fb7c

__________________
Taking a forums break. If youve got my Gtalk, feel free to use it.
GO SHARKS AND PHINS!! FRACK THE REST!
McLabia is offline  
Last edited by McLabia; March 15th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The Motorola Speaker Dock is made for the XOOM, just un-box and plug it right in, also you can use the HDMI option and set it next to the TV.

http://amzn.to/MEgoBa
Jesswood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesswood View Post
The Motorola Speaker Dock is made for the XOOM, just un-box and plug it right in, also you can use the HDMI option and set it next to the TV.

http://amzn.to/MEgoBa

... Thanks for necro'ing my thread to post such an informative post... /sarcasm.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
OutOfPhase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,022
 
Device(s): Droid 1, Droid Bionic, Xoom
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,792
Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
So, I picked up a speaker dock for my Xoom, and Im curious if I could use it for any other devices? I wouldnt mind using it with my Bolt. From what I know of the dock, the USB port on there is what produces the sound. If Im wrong about this, please correct me. lol.

I was thinking that I could get a mini usb cable and plug it into my bolt or any other mini USB capable device.

Something like this: USB 2.0 Micro-B Male to Micro-B Female Extender Cable | eBay
my bionic lines up with the usb and the hdmi but it does not work. no sound comes out of the speaker dock.
OutOfPhase is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfPhase For This Useful Post:
McLabia (May 24th, 2012)
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfib View Post
my bionic lines up with the usb and the hdmi but it does not work. no sound comes out of the speaker dock.

Thanks. Exactly what I was hoping not to hear. Ohwells. I guess I'll just have to live with the 3.5mm jack to my stereo.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Motorola XOOM > Xoom - Accessories
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.