December 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Join Date: Mar 2011
Device(s): Augen Gentouch, NOOKcolor, DroidX, Xoom, Kindle Fire, NOOKtablet, Acer A100, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Ta
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 58 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeliR
I have converted my videos to mp4 and transfered to a 32gb micro sd card in my xoom wifi/3G. Some files work and others don't. The typical message is "sorry, this video cannot be played".
I note the following points:
1. The same videos work perfectly if loaded onto the internal storage
2. I have tried a master-reset rebooting the Xoom
3. I have re formatted the sd card - no change
4. I have tried different resolutions and other compatible video formats
5. I have successfully loaded a video onto the Xoom and it plays, but then when the Xoom is turned off and on again it no longer works
6. I have tried 8 difference android video player apps
7. I have used two different conversion programs on my PC (win AVI and DVD Catalyst)
8. I have uninstalled Flash and re-installed it (some other post suggested that)
9. A 16gb Sd card works fine.
10. The videos also don't work on my Ericcson Xperia with a 32gb micro sd card
11. I am out of ideas
Please help me solve this frustrating problem
Can you try a different SD card, or copy the same files to internal memory?
For some reason, this week I've been getting a lot of similar reports from people and all were related to fake 32GB sd cards picked up from eBay.
edit, I just noticed, a 16gb card works fine, which basically tells me your 32GB's are fakes