Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Zenithink ZT-180

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #51 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

the specs say capacitive screen - is it actually? does it support multi touch?

Advertisements
cm-mojo is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:48 AM   #52 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Updates

OK, It looks the same as mine, the pics of the firmware etc is exactly the same as mine is number wise . I`m not sure what the screen type is, its a hard surface, and only very minimal pressure is required , Its quite sensitive but very controllable, movement and updates are fast .( my sons IPad really only needs to be brushed very slightly ) .
vfastbear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 127
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

So, so far, for those who have this tablet - what is your opinion? Is it worth the money or should we wait for something else?
Catfish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #54 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Ok, so I don't know how everyone else got theirs delivered but mine was sent EMS, and from what I have read on other forums, they are really slooooooowwwwwwww.
My tracking number says that the package went through china customs and left China and headed to Canada on the 26th and it still says that now. I have heard of someone who's package took 8 days just to go from China to Canada customs. I don't uderstand how it can take that long once its through china customs to get to canadian customs, do they use a row boat to get it over? haha

Anyways I am just wondering how most people got their shipped, and out of the people that recieved their apads did you get charged duty?, how much?, what carrier?

Either way I'm excited to get mine, and also to note...... If your looking to get your apad from alibaba like I did, If you sign up for an account you save $5 of a purchase of $50 or more (Not sure if its expired yet) and also dont be afraid to haggle a little bit to get stuff thrown in... I got a free 4gb card and the price reduced a little.
GoodLuck
hipditch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

mine was ems, 3 days to Australia. The product ships with two videos on the nand. use the explorer to play the videos if you want a good demonstration of what it can do. There is a Japan HD video and a HD k-pop music clip. Looks very cool, and nice since I speak some Korean.

The videos I try myself, such as mkv, don't work as well.
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #56 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipditch View Post
Ok, so I don't know how everyone else got theirs delivered but mine was sent EMS, and from what I have read on other forums, they are really slooooooowwwwwwww.
My tracking number says that the package went through china customs and left China and headed to Canada on the 26th and it still says that now. I have heard of someone who's package took 8 days just to go from China to Canada customs. I don't uderstand how it can take that long once its through china customs to get to canadian customs, do they use a row boat to get it over? haha

Anyways I am just wondering how most people got their shipped, and out of the people that recieved their apads did you get charged duty?, how much?, what carrier?

Either way I'm excited to get mine, and also to note...... If your looking to get your apad from alibaba like I did, If you sign up for an account you save $5 of a purchase of $50 or more (Not sure if its expired yet) and also dont be afraid to haggle a little bit to get stuff thrown in... I got a free 4gb card and the price reduced a little.
GoodLuck
I went through the same site but used Upse (the fastest shipping possibale for obvious reasons) but just order it yesterday and it says 3 day processing, so i wont know anything more until it is sent and i cant start tracking it but ill diffenitly let you know when it ships if it gets stuck in customs.

On another note Is there a webiste or fourms i should be paying close attention to for updates? Like I said I have no problems with flashing roms to my phone i wonder if this is going to be anything simalar to that?

for those who have it already whats your overall opinion on the unit? is multi-touch or no?

Thanks in advance for the heads up on everything.
onyx024 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #57 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hello from Thailand...
I've just ordered mine yesterday (30 July) at **********.
It will take 10 days for order processing, so i expect to get it via EMS around mid of August (the status says 'stock', so i hope the seller can ship faster than 10 days).
Will test the unit and write a brief review after i received and tested.
Happy to see you all who share the same interesting gadget.

PS: Sorry about my poor English.
senee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #58 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senee View Post
Hello from Thailand...
I've just ordered mine yesterday (30 July) at **********.
It will take 10 days for order processing, so i expect to get it via EMS around mid of August (the status says 'stock', so i hope the seller can ship faster than 10 days).
Will test the unit and write a brief review after i received and tested.
Happy to see you all who share the same interesting gadget.

PS: Sorry about my poor English.

Thats odd i ordered mine on the 29th and it was only 3 day processing and i used the fastest shipping there was. Even today it says 3 day processing. Oh well hopefully you do get your sooner then mid august.. The more people who have them the better.
onyx024 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #59 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,

@icurafu i have the smartq V7 like you. I find the last version of V7 very good except for the web browsing performance( i found it very slowly to loading completly a page) what about the web perfomance of this tablet ? versus Smartq V7 can you give me your opinion ?

Thank you and sorry for my english

PS : Apprently there are different version where do you think i should order it.
jeob is offline  
Last edited by jeob; July 30th, 2010 at 07:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #60 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senee View Post
Hello from Thailand...
I've just ordered mine yesterday (30 July) at **********.
It will take 10 days for order processing, so i expect to get it via EMS around mid of August (the status says 'stock', so i hope the seller can ship faster than 10 days).
Will test the unit and write a brief review after i received and tested.
Happy to see you all who share the same interesting gadget.

PS: Sorry about my poor English.
When I ordered mine it took 3 days to ship then another 2 days to pass china customs. I would say all together it will take around two weeks, so mid august is about right.
hipditch is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Specs update.
CPU - IMAPX200 r5 (over 1000 bogoMIPS) But this is odd, because it is identified as ARMv6TEJ - This may be closely related to the Shouying PID1110. I'm confused by this as it would indicate that we have an ARM11 and not a CortexA8 as described. Can anyone confirm the CortexA8 is there?

GPU - Vivante GC600 (::: Vivante Corporation I Products/Mobile Visual Reality :::) nice specs

Current driver is OpenGL 1.1 so that's why some OpenGL apps are failing.

Frame buffer and crossbar combiner is not supported, but DOT3 and cube maps are there.

Confirmed 256MB RAM, but only about 90MB is available after boot.

uses a zenithink 2 axis accelerometer.
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to icurafu For This Useful Post:
brews (August 2nd, 2010), Catfish (July 31st, 2010), hipditch (July 30th, 2010)
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeob View Post
Hi,

@icurafu i have the smartq V7 like you. I find the last version of V7 very good except for the web browsing performance( i found it very slowly to loading completly a page) what about the web perfomance of this tablet ? versus Smartq V7 can you give me your opinion ?

Thank you and sorry for my english

PS : Apprently there are different version where do you think i should order it.
It's a completely different experiance. SmartQ V7 was usable but the zt180 is amazing. I'll try and do some benchmarks later.
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

http://www.marvell.com/products/processors/applications/armada_100/armada_168/pxa_168_pb.pdf

This might be the board. I'll open it up later and see if it has the same chips.
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icurafu View Post
Specs update.
CPU - IMAPX200 r5 (over 1000 bogoMIPS) But this is odd, because it is identified as ARMv6TEJ - This may be closely related to the Shouying PID1110. I'm confused by this as it would indicate that we have an ARM11 and not a CortexA8 as described. Can anyone confirm the CortexA8 is there?

GPU - Vivante GC600 (::: Vivante Corporation I Products/Mobile Visual Reality :::) nice specs

Current driver is OpenGL 1.1 so that's why some OpenGL apps are failing.

Frame buffer and crossbar combiner is not supported, but DOT3 and cube maps are there.

Confirmed 256MB RAM, but only about 90MB is available after boot.

uses a zenithink 2 axis accelerometer.
Thanks! Thats some info I haven't seen before. It's great seeing this being done, It gives me hope for further development for this unit.

I'm new to all of this really and I don't know a whole lot when it comes to hardware... But from what I know, the cortex a8 is much better than the arm11 right?
-How could we confirm if the cortex a8 is actually in our machine?
-Its also good to see a nice GPU
-is it possible to update/change the OpenGL driver?
-What does this mean for the user: "Frame buffer and crossbar combiner is not supported"?
- I have read those same results about the ram somewhere else, I guess it really does take that much to run 2.1
- too bad it isnt 3 axis, I wonder if this will affect many apps.

Thanks!
hipditch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:15 AM   #65 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfastbear View Post
OK, I have my hands on one, just in from China,
Its a great new machine, much more responsive than my M003, it in a totally different league, but I can`t get my Wi-Fi to hook up, It finds my wireless router just fine reports a strong signal but wont lock in and then reports no signal and thats it. Might be a problem here, but I`m no expert, I will try playing around with it a bit ( I`ve got it on my cable network which is ok )
I did what I did with my M003 to connect the wi-fi, and my M003 locked in immediately.
Anybody with any ideas.... please let me know !.
Tony
Could you do some youtube videos?
Laharl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:54 AM   #66 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I've been able to take inside pictures of the Zenithink device, if posted them on Rapidshare. In the mean time i try figuring out how to get the USB debugging enabled to get some more information about it. At the moment i can't get any information from dmesg, the mini-usb port won't give out any signals till so far.

Please take a look at the pictures download them at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=11UBEVCD

Ive also opened a thread on the XDA developers site in hope to get some more information
on this device.

Looking at the device specifications it looks like this one

The processor is particularly suited to high-performance applications.
  • Frequency from 600MHz to 1GHz and above
  • High-performance, Superscalar microarchitecture
  • NEON™technology for multi-media and SIMD processing
  • Binary compatibility with ARM926, ARM1136, and ARM1176 Processors
Source : arm.com. http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-a/cortex-a8.php

Wowawiwa.
wowawiwa is offline  
Last edited by wowawiwa; July 31st, 2010 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wowawiwa For This Useful Post:
icurafu (July 31st, 2010)
Old July 31st, 2010, 05:51 PM   #67 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi @ All

how long is the max battery time in use? (not standby)
Wickedkortex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 07:47 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Hey, the specs say a8 but the software identifies it in Android as arm11 with jazzelle Android thumb with a fpu. So i would be careful and not always trust the specs of these kinds of items.

Those image identity...
RTL8201CL
http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsview.aspx?langid=1&pfid=13&level=5&conn=4& prodid=25

LVDS transmitter
http://www.doestek.co.kr/pdf/DTC_AN01_V1.3.pdf

Hynix ram is just standard 1x1Gb DDR2 ram module.






Quote:
Originally Posted by wowawiwa View Post
I've been able to take inside pictures of the Zenithink device, if posted them on Rapidshare. In the mean time i try figuring out how to get the USB debugging enabled to get some more information about it. At the moment i can't get any information from dmesg, the mini-usb port won't give out any signals till so far.

Please take a look at the pictures download them at MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Ive also opened a thread on the XDA developers site in hope to get some more information
on this device.

Looking at the device specifications it looks like this one

The processor is particularly suited to high-performance applications.
  • Frequency from 600MHz to 1GHz and above
  • High-performance, Superscalar microarchitecture
  • NEON™technology for multi-media and SIMD processing
  • Binary compatibility with ARM926, ARM1136, and ARM1176 Processors
Source : arm.com. Cortex-A8 Processor - ARM

Wowawiwa.
icurafu is offline  
Last edited by icurafu; July 31st, 2010 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to icurafu For This Useful Post:
Catfish (August 1st, 2010)
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:05 PM   #69 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

JT's Digital World Zenithink 10 inches Cortex-A8 Ipad Clone ZT180

the linpack score is even much higher than Nexus One and Galaxy S

I think Zenithink just use a ARM11, and use ARM11-optimized JIT patch to get such a high score

With a JIT patch, a samsung i5700(ARM11 800MHz) can get a linpack score of 7.5-8Mlops
Compared with this, Zenithink's 1GHz ARM11 will get 9.5-10Mflops, which is sensiable.
While a true cortex-A8 without JIT get 7MFlops(Nexus One) or 8 MFlops(Samsung Galaxy S)
Hinagiku is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hinagiku For This Useful Post:
icurafu (August 1st, 2010)
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:02 AM   #70 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

icurafu, this is what i read somewhere online:

This model is a new product and the firmware do not support the USB 3G or the Android market function temporarily. The hardware updating is in the process of R&D (research and development).

have the problems been resolved yet? thanks!
mlist is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mlist For This Useful Post:
icurafu (August 1st, 2010)
sponsored links
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:16 AM   #71 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hello. I'm kind of a noob in this whole tablet business but I'm really looking at getting this Zenithink 10 in tablet. I was just browsing **********.com and I came upon 2 products which looks VERY similar but have different prices. Do u guys know the difference between them?

Wholesale android 2.1 mid Product-Wholesale 10inch MID handheld pc ZT 180 with Android 2.1 OS Tablet PC 1GHz 256MB RAM Laptop free shipping

and:

Wholesale 10" laptop Product-Wholesale 10inch MID EPAD UMPC ZT 180 with Android 2.1 OS Tablet PC 256MB RAM Laptop Telechip Dual core


I've tried chatting with the store owner but she isn't responding. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
chipsandnuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:50 AM   #72 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Heres more Information on the Zenithink ZT180

Attack of The Clones Part 2: Zenithink ZT-180 Android Tablet Buzz
justquietly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:03 AM   #73 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I'm getting excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Order should be shipping out on Monday the 2nd and I should have it in 3 to 5 days!!!!!

And I should also be getting a free 4gig card too so I will have 6gigs to use until My 32gig chip comes in!
Laharl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:01 AM   #74 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello All.
I have not received my APAD as of yet, should be in the next few weeks. It has the 1ghz zt-180. It will have android 2.1. The question I have is, is the cpu the same as ARM A8? The reason is flat computing will be releasing android 2.2 and wanted to know if this will work. All the specs seem exactly the same, the only thing is it says Arm A* cortex, and mine is as I stated the ZT 180.

ROM – Firmware Update notice | Flat Computing

Please let me know if I can use this or not, as I want to go to Android 2.2.
Thank you

Brian
pmbroth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:05 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlist View Post
icurafu, this is what i read somewhere online:

This model is a new product and the firmware do not support the USB 3G or the Android market function temporarily. The hardware updating is in the process of R&D (research and development).

have the problems been resolved yet? thanks!
Thanks for the quote. Both are not fixed yet. USB 3G settings returns an exception and the market won't even install when I try to force it with a vending.apk. I think they just need to customise it before it will work.

Let's cross out fingers for next release.
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to icurafu For This Useful Post:
mlist (August 1st, 2010)
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:13 AM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Thanks, that's making a little more sense. I think this would be in the thumb implementation, which is the T part of the chip name. ARMv6TEJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinagiku View Post
JT's Digital World Zenithink 10 inches Cortex-A8 Ipad Clone ZT180

the linpack score is even much higher than Nexus One and Galaxy S

I think Zenithink just use a ARM11, and use ARM11-optimized JIT patch to get such a high score

With a JIT patch, a samsung i5700(ARM11 800MHz) can get a linpack score of 7.5-8Mlops
Compared with this, Zenithink's 1GHz ARM11 will get 9.5-10Mflops, which is sensiable.
While a true cortex-A8 without JIT get 7MFlops(Nexus One) or 8 MFlops(Samsung Galaxy S)
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:17 AM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsandnuts View Post
Hello. I'm kind of a noob in this whole tablet business but I'm really looking at getting this Zenithink 10 in tablet. I was just browsing **********.com and I came upon 2 products which looks VERY similar but have different prices. Do u guys know the difference between them?
<snip>
Thanks
Don't buy any of those. They have contradictory information. telechips is a competitive chip. It looks like the seller is keyword spamming. If you wanna know the place I recommend, just look at my previous posts.
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:33 AM   #78 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icurafu View Post
Don't buy any of those. They have contradictory information. telechips is a competitive chip. It looks like the seller is keyword spamming. If you wanna know the place I recommend, just look at my previous posts.
Could you please tell mw/us where we should buy it?

Thanks!
i2Paq is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:43 AM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbroth View Post
Hello All.
I have not received my APAD as of yet, should be in the next few weeks. It has the 1ghz zt-180. It will have android 2.1. The question I have is, is the cpu the same as ARM A8? The reason is flat computing will be releasing android 2.2 and wanted to know if this will work. All the specs seem exactly the same, the only thing is it says Arm A* cortex, and mine is as I stated the ZT 180.

ROM – Firmware Update notice | Flat Computing

Please let me know if I can use this or not, as I want to go to Android 2.2.
Thank you

Brian
These guys are obviously just selling the same thing. Maybe they have an agreement to get it in white plastic. I don't think they are really creating the firmware. They will just be communicating to Zenithink's dev team and then changing a few things in the firmware before passing it onto their customers. If they say Android 2.2 in August and it is reliable, it would not be faulty logic to assume that all zt-180 users will get Android 2.2. If they do a good job tidying it up, maybe it will be worth it.
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 04:57 AM   #80 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): Nexus One, Zenithink ZT-180
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Hi all, New member here from Australia. Looking to buy a couple of these and just want to make sure im buying them from the right place. I got this link from a previous post. Could someone please confirm this place is ok

Wholesale 10inch MID handheld pc ZT 180 with Android 2.1 OS Tablet PC 1GHz 256MB RAM Laptop free shipping

Also.. how are users finding the battery life in these?
n4sa is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 1st, 2010, 06:50 AM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 127
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

n4sa - the only online shop i have personally read users have recieved a ZT-180 pad from so far is the jiongtang shop at JTSHOP

there are a few other places like wiipad.us, androidtime, merimobiles that are selling them. i know merimobiles has shipped 7" models before but i have read they have shipped 10" yet. i could be wrong but.

hope this helps.
Catfish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:03 AM   #82 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Sound and Video

Can anybody with the Zenithink confirm whether the sound output is stereo or mono on their machines ( mine is mono ) and also the best format and size for the video ( mine didn`t come with any pre-installed demos ).
vfastbear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:12 AM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

goto nand directory in the explorer. There are two videos. Anyway, like you said with a different firmware the videos might not be there. I'll test the stereo.
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:47 AM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

well, I found the firmware in the Chinese forums, but not the password.

Plus I have no idea how to use it or if it is for an old firmware.

http://cid-327dbfdf13be0df4.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/卓尼斯刷机软件.zip
icurafu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 10:02 AM   #85 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsandnuts View Post
Hello. I'm kind of a noob in this whole tablet business but I'm really looking at getting this Zenithink 10 in tablet. I was just browsing **********.com and I came upon 2 products which looks VERY similar but have different prices. Do u guys know the difference between them?

Wholesale android 2.1 mid Product-Wholesale 10inch MID handheld pc ZT 180 with Android 2.1 OS Tablet PC 1GHz 256MB RAM Laptop free shipping

and:

Wholesale 10" laptop Product-Wholesale 10inch MID EPAD UMPC ZT 180 with Android 2.1 OS Tablet PC 256MB RAM Laptop Telechip Dual core


I've tried chatting with the store owner but she isn't responding. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Be careful of ********** ! And be more weary of Emily Wang, I have heard different things about this seller. I know some people who ordered tablets off her that have a lot of problems.
hipditch is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hipditch For This Useful Post:
mlist (August 1st, 2010)
Old August 1st, 2010, 10:16 AM   #86 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

On another note, it looks as if there will be some fix out for software by next week!!

epad ZT-180 (and the like...)
hipditch is offline  
Last edited by hipditch; August 1st, 2010 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hipditch For This Useful Post:
Biggzz (August 21st, 2010), onyx024 (August 1st, 2010)
Old August 1st, 2010, 10:22 AM   #87 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

thanks, hipditch. i almost ordered from her coz hers are the cheapest!

here are some comments about her "excellent" after-sales service.

APAD from $156.7 Shipped. ********** Miss Wang
mlist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:27 PM   #88 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipditch View Post
On another note, it looks as if there will be some fixed out for software by next week!!

epad ZT-180 (and the like...)
Like I said im pretty new to the tablets but very good w/ the android software in general. But what you are saying is the rom being put out by them and the one being put out by Flatcomputing can be used on Zenithink ZT-180 1GHz 10" tablet?

Thanks in advance
onyx024 is offline  
Last edited by onyx024; August 1st, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:29 PM   #89 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ok Jiongtang shop it is! I'm excited as this will be my first internet tablet. This forum is VERY helpful for us noobs!

Thanks guys!
chipsandnuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:48 PM   #90 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx024 View Post
Like I said im pretty new to the tablets but very good w/ the android software in general. But what you are saying is the rom being put out by them and the one being put out by Flatcomputing can be used on Zenithink ZT-180 1GHz 10" tablet?

Thanks in advance
I'm pretty new to all of this also, but from what I can understand (and I have nothing to do with the development of this, I'm just sharing information.) is that "Willo" on slatedroid is working on the software upgrades for this unit, that should be out next week. From what is on that forum it seems that the upgrades will be compatible with both Zenethink and the flatpad (read a few posts back, someone asks that question).

I am hoping I am right, if I have interpreted it wrong, please correct me.




Also, I was just reading that the zenethink tablets have mislabeled processors? They are actually not Cortex A8's but actually Arm11 (v6) with JIT enabled.

From what the forum says it seems as if android 2.2 will work stably with those processors.
ZeniThink ZT-180 Specifications Faking, Not ARMv7 A8-Cortex!
hipditch is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hipditch For This Useful Post:
icurafu (August 1st, 2010), onyx024 (August 1st, 2010)
sponsored links
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:52 PM   #91 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry ZT-180 Issues

Hi Guys

My unit just arrived today and have been having a few hiccups:-

1.) Battery doesnt seem to hold charge.

When charging, a faint red LED blinks, doesnt seem to go green or off even after 8 hours. Whats the normal charge period and whats to be expected when its fully charged.

For now, I am using it on AC power adapter.

2. Wi-Fi cant connect.

It detects my AP, but fails to connect, have set to WPA, WPA2-PSK modes as well. The AP is 2-Wire, will try with another brand tomorrow.

3.) Performance is reasonable, smooth response to touch etc. However tried setting live wallpaper and screen goes crazy! Isnt this supposed to have a Cortex-A8 at 1Ghz with VR chip for video?

@Wowawiwa, could you upload the inside pics somewhere other than megaupload or rapidshare, I would really love to take a peek at the chips used. Thanks.

Regds
Jay
jayjay25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM   #92 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowawiwa View Post
I've been able to take inside pictures of the Zenithink device, if posted them on Rapidshare. In the mean time i try figuring out how to get the USB debugging enabled to get some more information about it. At the moment i can't get any information from dmesg, the mini-usb port won't give out any signals till so far.

Please take a look at the pictures download them at MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Ive also opened a thread on the XDA developers site in hope to get some more information
on this device.

Looking at the device specifications it looks like this one

The processor is particularly suited to high-performance applications.
  • Frequency from 600MHz to 1GHz and above
  • High-performance, Superscalar microarchitecture
  • NEON™technology for multi-media and SIMD processing
  • Binary compatibility with ARM926, ARM1136, and ARM1176 Processors
Source : arm.com. Cortex-A8 Processor - ARM

Wowawiwa.
Could you host the inside pictures somewhere other than megaupload or rapidshare?

Btw how did you open up the device?

Thanks.
Jay
jayjay25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:01 PM   #93 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just cant wait to get my hands on this thing.... Man am i a technlogy Junkie LOL.
onyx024 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM   #94 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay25 View Post
Hi Guys

My unit just arrived today and have been having a few hiccups:-

1.) Battery doesnt seem to hold charge.

When charging, a faint red LED blinks, doesnt seem to go green or off even after 8 hours. Whats the normal charge period and whats to be expected when its fully charged.

For now, I am using it on AC power adapter.

2. Wi-Fi cant connect.

It detects my AP, but fails to connect, have set to WPA, WPA2-PSK modes as well. The AP is 2-Wire, will try with another brand tomorrow.

3.) Performance is reasonable, smooth response to touch etc. However tried setting live wallpaper and screen goes crazy! Isnt this supposed to have a Cortex-A8 at 1Ghz with VR chip for video?

@Wowawiwa, could you upload the inside pics somewhere other than megaupload or rapidshare, I would really love to take a peek at the chips used. Thanks.

Regds
Jay

Where did you buy yours?
chipsandnuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:17 PM   #95 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Bought it rom Kingdom Tech in Shenzhen.

Stock!! android 2.1 10" mid (paypal) - Detailed info for Stock!! android 2.1 10" mid (paypal),android 2.1 10" mid,Stock!! android 2.1 10" mid (paypal),ZT-180-102 on Alibaba.com

Regds
Jay
jayjay25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM   #96 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default


How long did it take to get the unit shipped to you? What shipping method did you choose?
I'm in Canada and I have no idea how long the wait time is.
I bought a refurb iPod Touch from the Apple Store it came from Hong Kong. Took less than a week.

Thanks
R
chipsandnuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:57 PM   #97 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsandnuts View Post
How long did it take to get the unit shipped to you? What shipping method did you choose?
I'm in Canada and I have no idea how long the wait time is.
I bought a refurb iPod Touch from the Apple Store it came from Hong Kong. Took less than a week.

Thanks
R
if your thinking about ordering one, you might be best off waiting a little bit....
ZeniThink ZT-180 Specifications Faking, Not ARMv7 A8-Cortex!!

I don't know whats going to happen, it seems as if all suppliers are accepting refunds?
Kinda sucks for me I have one on the way and its going to cost a bit to send it back..... I dont know what I am going to do, probably just keep what I have coming, I guess its not that bad.
hipditch is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hipditch For This Useful Post:
chipsandnuts (August 1st, 2010), icurafu (August 1st, 2010)
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:13 PM   #98 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipditch View Post
if your thinking about ordering one, you might be best off waiting a little bit....
ZeniThink ZT-180 Specifications Faking, Not ARMv7 A8-Cortex!!

I don't know whats going to happen, it seems as if all suppliers are accepting refunds?
Kinda sucks for me I have one on the way and its going to cost a bit to send it back..... I dont know what I am going to do, probably just keep what I have coming, I guess its not that bad.
What you think..
Orphan16 and zenPad4 (zenPad 4 10.2" inches with Android 2.1 and WiFi also with Fake CPUs?
Wickedkortex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:34 PM   #99 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedkortex View Post
What you think..
Orphan16 and zenPad4 (zenPad 4 10.2" inches with Android 2.1 and WiFi also with Fake CPUs?
Orphan M16 is real form what I know... Thank seems like the only one thats is certain.
As for Enso, their current ones are fake I think, but the ceo/president just stated on slatedroid that they are switching ... I don't know anything about this company other than what was posted today in another thread..
http://androidforums.com/tablets-mids/138797-new-enso-zenpads.html
hipditch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM   #100 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipditch View Post
Orphan M16 is real form what I know... Thank seems like the only one thats is certain.
As for Enso, their current ones are fake I think, but the ceo/president just stated on slatedroid that they are switching ... I don't know anything about this company other than what was posted today in another thread..
http://androidforums.com/tablets-mids/138797-new-enso-zenpads.html
i think the Orphan16 also uses the zt-180 fake cpu
this text is from the offical homepage:
"The Orphan M16 has now been officially released. The M16 is a high specification Android 2.1 aPad tablet PC. The tablet is not locked or restricted. Sporting the ultrafast Zenithink ZT-180 system architecture and a Cortex A8 CPU at it's core."
Wickedkortex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Zenithink ZT-180
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.