Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Zenithink ZT-180

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Biggest mistake in buying this ZT-180 epad

Since day 1 only get problems with this Zenithink ZT-180. No refund and support emails takes a week.

second month, system does not boot anymore only the word android and penguin on the screen. This time even the penguin has gone...left for good without saying goodbye. headache.

sponsored links
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Any updates??

Im also looking at this tablet, but it looks like you have made my mind up for me in NOT buying this specific pad.
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

Same issue. Have you resolved it?
Old September 12th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I found this online and helped me restore my zt-180.

Firmware 0120 is now out and running Android 2.2! I have not tested this and I’m yet to organise and upload the update files.

Note: If you have only flashed your tablet using burntool-v07.2 then you can only use the USB flash mode below. Once you have flashed using the new burntool (located in the new firmware) you will be able to use the TF mode for any future firmware upgrades.
**Attention**: This firmware contains an SPL upgrade which means you may brick your tablet if you lose power while flashing. Ensure you have the power connected whenever you update firmware. Also, after doing this upgrade you will not be able to revert back to older firmwares.
For flashing via USB:
Step 1: Download: MY LINK TO COME – For now you can download the files fromDownload epad_256M_nand_android_2.2_0120_Public.rar for free on uploading.com (Please note I have not tested or uploaded these files)
Step 2: Extract the rar file and go into the folder
Step 3: Locate the correct zImage file as per your tablet version and screen resolution. Models built before Aug 15 use 1024×576. Once you know which file suits your tablet, rename it to zImage (ie. Right click & rename fromzImage_1024x576 or zImage_1024x600 to zImage).
Step 4: Run Burntool.exe (Note: With this version there is no need to go to Settings. As long as all the files are in the same directory as burntool, it will locate the necessary files)
Step 5: With the tablet turned off, connect it to your computer using the mini-USB port
Step 6: On the tablet, hold down the Menu button and then press the Power button
Step 7: The first status box in burntool should light up green.
Note: If this is the first time connecting the tablet to your PC you will need to install the included USB drivers
Step 8: Click start to commence update. Disconnect cable once complete and press the Home button
For flashing via TF (MicroSD) card:
Step 1: Download:Download epad_256M_nand_android_2.2_0120_Public.rar for free on uploading.com
Step 2: Copy the “zt-update” folder to the root of the TF card (This folder should have these files: zImage, system.pack.img and user.pack.img)
Note: Follow step 3 above to ensure you are using the correct zimage file
Step 3: Insert the TF card into TF card slot
Step 4: Press the Menu button (The menu key is the last long key on the top of tablet) & Power button at the same time
Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions
Step 6: Once firmware is updated, the tablet will automatically restart
The Following User Says Thank You to jerdesab For This Useful Post:
mikeybaby72 (March 19th, 2012)
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Still never recommend Zenithink ZT-180 epad. Don't waste your money. Get the real thing.
Old February 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): zenithink zt-180

Send a message via AIM to gewhitt1

It's all about what you're paying for. If you have $400.00 for an tablet buy an ipad, but if you have $150.00 and just want to have thousands of apps and play some nice games, check you're e-mail, check you're facebook, check you're bank account, download music, stream music, read books, have a daily bible study, check craigs list, watch youtube, will get an good old cheep zenithink zt-180 and don't forget us the animation settings to turn on the video accelerator. Hope this helps
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): zt180-102, asus transformer

u will need to flash ur rom. 0613 is newest rom. u can get it from zenithink.com or one from s.maxtor. s.maxtor has custom roms that work very nice
The Following User Says Thank You to blaw918 For This Useful Post:
mikeybaby72 (March 19th, 2012)

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Zenithink ZT-180