Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Blade 3

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lunatic59

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Reset Factory settings

Hello, I'm new to android I recently bought ZTE Blade 3 and I'd like to know what files/folders are affected by Factory Data Reset option? Also, I use linux on my PC and would like someone to recommend me a good file manager. The one preinstalled looks too simple and I want to see everything including "/" and I hate all multimedia (pictures,music,..) options. Is there any FM like that?
Another thing I'd like to know is: does ZTE Blade 3 have vanilla android preinstalled? I've seen many variations of android 4 and I don't know which one is the most clean. I'd like to use that one in case it supports all the features of my phone.(for example cyanogenmod doesnt support FM radio ... I'm never gonna need it though but I need full support and reliability)

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 13,431 Times in 7,349 Posts

Hello and welcome to Android forums, plantroon!

A factory data reset will only remove user data and settings. It puts your phone back to the state it was "out of the box."

A good free file manager that will show you root and system files is ES File Explorer. Keep in mind that you will only be able to see the files and not do anything with them without root access to your device.

Only the Nexus line of Phones from Google have pure vanilla Android. Your ZTE Blade most likely has a carrier modified version (if it's under contract). For your best rooting/flashing options, check in with ZTE Blade 3 - Android Forums and Blade 3 - All Things Root.
Frisco likes this.

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
mysticspiral (April 16th, 2013)
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thank you for reply. I would like to know which folders are affected by using that option...
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 13,431 Times in 7,349 Posts

The factory reset? It effects several files within the system folders as well as wiping the databases for mail, messaging as contacts. I don't know the specific folder or file names, but perhaps someone who's more involved with development could let you know.
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
mysticspiral (April 16th, 2013)
Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Huawei acend 2, Samsung Galaxy appeal, Huawei acend 2 (root), Samsung Galaxy S3 (root), Samsung Gala

lucaschittum.lc@gmail.com

if you do a hard reset (which is like factory reset) it will remove all data from your phone except personal information for example your music, photos, and other files saved on your SD or SIM card. hard reset you can do it with your SD and SIM card in but it is more wise to take those out so it won't erase any data. If you wanna see how to hard reset your phone just message me and i'll give you the quick and easy way
Old September 17th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Welcome to the forums and welcome to Android

Hi Plantroon

Welcome to the android forums and especially welcome to Android. Youíre going to love it!

Factory data resets are a powerful tool for fixing software related issues. The all powerful and amazing Android OS being open source allows many configurations and customizations to be added to their phones, and the app market is the same. Sometimes an application thatís old or out of date or not written as well as it could be can cause problems with your device and when it comes to software related issues there is no better cure than a factory data reset or if itís a serious issue a Hard reset.

lunatic59 was right in everything he said. Sparkles was spot on too. The factory data reset or hard reset will erase everything that you have personally changed or added to your phone. This includes settings, applications, contacts, pictures, messages, call histories, EVERYTHING gets erased from the phone except for its default settings and the operating system itís self. As lunatic59 said itís as if your phone is brand new again ďout of the boxĒ.

So if youíre thinking of performing a factory data reset on your Android phone do what Sparkles mentioned and make sure to backup all of your phones information.

Your Android phone will save a lot of its information to the primary Gmail account but you can also save a lot of your information to your computer and SD card. The main thing and most common thing to look for on your phone to backup are your pictures which are in the Camera Folder which is in the DCIM folder on your device. The Music folder, Picture folder, Download folder, are also common files to copy to an SD card or a computer. If you want to do it through your phone you might need to download a file manager to manually move those files yourself. Samsung and Motorola have some pretty decent files managers built in but I donít believe the ZTE has oneÖ unless it came with ASTRO File managerÖ if it didnít you can download it off of the Play Store for free. If you need help using ASTRO to transfer your files from your phone to your SD card then Saving pictures from an Android Phone to a Memory Card using ASTRO File Manager should help point you in the right direction. Not only with your pictures but with any files on your device.

As far as software goes though a Factory Data Reset wipes the slate clean and starts the phones as a fresh install. A reset DOES NOT affect the version of your Android operating system though. If you bought your phone on Android 4.0 and you upgraded the phone to 4.1 then a reset will not cause the phone to go back to 4.0. It will reboot with the 4.1 or whatever the latest OS is that was put onto the device. Remember this for rooting as well. If you flash a bad OS on your phone then a Factory Reset isnít going to fix it.

Your phone, unless a nexus, or unlocked none branded phone, will have some bloatware added by your wireless provider. Usually this isnít a big deal butÖ some people do root their phones to get as close to pure Android as they can.

If you want more information about backing up or resetting then How to Backup and Reset an Android Phone might help to get you started. Or in some cases How to Hard Reset an Android phone might be the better option in certain circumstances. Just make sure you backup everything before you reset or root your phone.

Good luck Plantroon

If you have any more questions donít hesitate to come back to the forums and ask.

~James~
Old October 7th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

My san fran 2 is stuck on the FTM screen. I am trying to do a master wipe due to lost password/pattern

ZTE Blade 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The ZTE Blade 3 is an affordable handset for those looking to get the Android experience on a budget. Costing abut $230, it will keep your pocket very happy. Users looking for a high-end device will have to look elsewhere, though.  This litt... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Blade 3