December 25th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Device(s): ZTE Straight Talk Merit 990g
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ZTE Merit 990g Straight Talk - SIM network unlock PIN
Replacing the SIM card (Straight Talk -> T-Mobile).
Initial Message: SIM card invalid
Many thanks to all contributors in several forums for all of the education and contributions of time/talents/work of which I have gleaned measurable experience.
1) Got the NCK/NP Code but could not get a menu option to enter it.
2) Custom ROM (stock minus bloat).
Current Message: SIM network unlock PIN menu
1) Tried NCK/NP Code -- Not accepted and "attempt counter(10)" decremented.
Lock Screen Message: Phone is SIM service provider locked
Rooted, sd-ext4, CWM 5.x, Custom ROM
Android Version: 2.3.4 (after ROM -- was 2.3.5)
Kernel Version: 18.104.22.168 (zte stock)
Build Number: "Custom ROM"
1) Config changes produced a "Unlocking Menu" that requires a PIN which is apparently not the same as a NCK/NP code.
1) Where is this offending App (ROM/Kernel)?
2) Where is this "unlock counter attempt" file?
3) Is there a maint code to bypass this menu?