Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Warp Sequent

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohaio
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp Sequent
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
dementei89@gmail.com
Default Just got Sequent. Starts with high RAM usage.

So, just got the phone and in task manager (no matter how many reboots) I have 80-90mb of free RAM out of 579mb (which is supposed to be 768mb). I am guessing it's all the bloatware that auto-starts. Anyone got solutions to this? I just want it to be clean and smoothly operating with no hidden apps and such. Thanks.

Dementei is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 4g LTE
Carrier: Boostmobile

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default zte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementei View Post
So, just got the phone and in task manager (no matter how many reboots) I have 80-90mb of free RAM out of 579mb (which is supposed to be 768mb). I am guessing it's all the bloatware that auto-starts. Anyone got solutions to this? I just want it to be clean and smoothly operating with no hidden apps and such. Thanks.

I have the same problem, anyone can help??????
mauricio1717 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 4g LTE
Carrier: Boostmobile

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sequent running "high' on ram at all times

Hi,
LOVE THE PHONE BUT no matter what I do or not, deleting apps, re booting, battery pull, my sequent keeps running HIGH on RAM. any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
mauricio1717 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
jetx2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,710
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp (cm10, Sugar Kang) Lg Optimus Elite (cm9) Lg Spectrum (cm10.1) Samsung Galaxy SIII (Spri
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 238
Thanked 792 Times in 430 Posts
Default

Wait until I can get my hands on one of these things and create a rom :-) ... there isn't much you can do without rooting and removing unnecessary apps
Edit: Just saw that someone built a working kernel from source... SWAP!!! It technically allows you to increase your ram... which makes high ram usage a thing of the past
__________________
My Github- Jetx2x
Team Github- OSIRIS
jetx2x is online now  
Last edited by jetx2x; October 23rd, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jetx2x For This Useful Post:
mauricio1717 (October 24th, 2012)
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
atlharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2: Rooted, and running CM 10 alpha. :-D
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Hey, if you root it, can you load link2sd and freeze any of the bloatware apps? Just saying, if you can't get rid of those apps, try freezing them.
atlharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 4g LTE
Carrier: Boostmobile

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetx2x View Post
Wait until I can get my hands on one of these things and create a rom :-) ... there isn't much you can do without rooting and removing unnecessary apps
Edit: Just saw that someone built a working kernel from source... SWAP!!! It technically allows you to increase your ram... which makes high ram usage a thing of the past

great, thanks, let me know when you do that and how.
mauricio1717 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 4g LTE
Carrier: Boostmobile

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetx2x View Post
Wait until I can get my hands on one of these things and create a rom :-) ... there isn't much you can do without rooting and removing unnecessary apps
Edit: Just saw that someone built a working kernel from source... SWAP!!! It technically allows you to increase your ram... which makes high ram usage a thing of the past

also, I do not know how to root it, any instructions?
mauricio1717 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fla, US
Posts: 54
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp Sequent
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetx2x View Post
Wait until I can get my hands on one of these things and create a rom :-) ... there isn't much you can do without rooting and removing unnecessary apps
Edit: Just saw that someone built a working kernel from source... SWAP!!! It technically allows you to increase your ram... which makes high ram usage a thing of the past
Hey jetx, looking forward to seeing a custom rom, we need a fully functioning cwm recovery too. No heavy development yet, some guys threw us a bone and gave us a working kernel. Anything you want to build, I'm willing to test. thnx
animusfl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
jetx2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,710
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp (cm10, Sugar Kang) Lg Optimus Elite (cm9) Lg Spectrum (cm10.1) Samsung Galaxy SIII (Spri
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 238
Thanked 792 Times in 430 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by animusfl View Post
Hey jetx, looking forward to seeing a custom rom, we need a fully functioning cwm recovery too. No heavy development yet, some guys threw us a bone and gave us a working kernel. Anything you want to build, I'm willing to test. thnx
I was halfway kidding when I said that but I do plan on buying one of these in the near future... I may be able to get someone to buy me one on my birthday
jetx2x is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricio1717 View Post
Hi,
LOVE THE PHONE BUT no matter what I do or not, deleting apps, re booting, battery pull, my sequent keeps running HIGH on RAM. any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Can you do a screen shot for me? Let me know which kind of apps "ate" your ram.Thanks.

It's easy to take screen shot in Sequent:
Holding the power key and volume down key at same time for 3 seconds. it
QingWu is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlharp View Post
Hey, if you root it, can you load link2sd and freeze any of the bloatware apps? Just saying, if you can't get rid of those apps, try freezing them.
Could you take a screen shot and will help me know which of apps ate your RAM.

It's easy to take screen shot:
Holding the power key and volume down key at same time for 3 seconds.
QingWu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Developer Incognito
 
downthemachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MinneSnowta
Posts: 2,939
 
Device(s): ZTE Warp (Sugar Kang), Samsung Prevail, HTC Evo Design, LG Optimus Elite, OG Droid
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 1,393
Thanked 1,731 Times in 876 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QingWu View Post
Can you do a screen shot for me? Let me know which kind of apps "ate" your ram.Thanks.

It's easy to take screen shot in Sequent:
Holding the power key and volume down key at same time for 3 seconds. it
Lol
Don't worry, I'll fix it for you. Starting tomorrow. Although if I could get my hands on one we could probably get cwm going also or maybe twrp.
But I'll fix some of the kernel stuff first
downthemachine is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
shinru2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,725
 
Device(s): Warp Sequent: Awesome Android RC-1
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 183
Thanked 1,508 Times in 681 Posts
Default

I'm working on this issue, Main problem is all the crapware on this device. I had to remove almost 50 apps to get this slimmed down and somewhat close to aosp. im Deodexed OFC then i zipaligned all apks and added init.d support. I then ported Adrenaline Engine and its running good with under 300Mb ram usage.

I still have way more work to do, But once CWM is completed then the work will pay off.
__________________
If you have a question please check the All things root Guide before asking something silly.

If you enjoy my work or just wanna say thank you hit thanks in my OP's
shinru2004 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
 
Device(s): Htc Evo Design 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts
Default High Ram Usage, Making Phone Very Slow

has anyone else had this problem? my phone is fine when i first turn it on but, after a while it gets really slow and i usually have 50mb free. if i were to deodex and root my phone would that help?
gamikzone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

if you deodex and debloat your phone yes it will make it fast as hell, if you root your phone which u need in order to deodex and debloat yes it will make it fast as hell. Get sebastians cwm working and i will help you from there, i love gaming on this phone after deodexing and rooting it, its very nice lol. join me here https://web.groupme.com/groups/2882040, i have around 220mb free on average btw.
sean82007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
 
Device(s): Htc Evo Design 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean82007 View Post
if you deodex and debloat your phone yes it will make it fast as hell, if you root your phone which u need in order to deodex and debloat yes it will make it fast as hell. Get sebastians cwm working and i will help you from there, i love gaming on this phone after deodexing and rooting it, its very nice lol. join me here https://web.groupme.com/groups/2882040, i have around 220mb free on average btw.
thanks, i tried to click the link but it says your group does not exist.
gamikzone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 39
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I have cwm and Would.love to know how to deodex
wolfemcbane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
kingjay2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 328
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default

can u please tell me the proper instuctions on getting cwm, no one will help me, thanx.
kingjay2012 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > ZTE Warp Sequent
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.