1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

“Waiting for target device to come online” Mac Android Studio

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Samet Şahin, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Samet Şahin

Samet Şahin Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2017
    I am trying to run my app through the virtual device which I have set up but it says

"Waiting for target device to come online"

and remains that way.I have seen so many people having this issue and general solution is exiting the Docker but I dont have Docker installed or any virtual device on My Mac.What should I do?

Advertisement

2. landiskreeb

landiskreeb Lurker
    None

Oct 2, 2017
    I had this issue for weeks and got carried down the wrong path to solve it. It turned out I had installed it through homebrew but also through the official install through android, and there were some conflicting locations for the android sdk.

I'd recommend trying:

- remove android studio and android-sdk COMPLETELY. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17625622/how-to-completely-uninstall-android-studio

In addition to above stack overflow, try `brew uninstall android-sdk` in case you use homebrew at some point. Delete every trace of it from anywhere the sdk might be.

Download android studio 3.0 for mac (new version works fine for me, but should be able to use an older one too). Follow all setup steps for creating a new test app, and let android studio download all the necessary sdk components in recommended location. If you follow the prompts to install stuff, everything should work perfectly.

you need to setup a new project with android studio to download the necessary components (select create new project from load screen). Then, when running the app, you will see some errors that say you need to download additional components, and after installing all of these, it will work.

Also, one other small issue is that my ANDROID_HOME env variable was messed up. Default for mac should be /Users/{user}/Library/Android/sdk