1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

02 insurance

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ziggy, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ziggy

ziggy Member

does anyone know whether updating the phone via kies and/or rooting the phone invalidates the insurance with 02?

just thinking, if i have major problems with updates, will i be able to get another one?

2. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

Updating through Kies couldn't possibly invalidate your insurance as that is the approved Samsung method.

I also think it is highly unlikely that O2 could invalidate a claim for rooting the phone unless that was the cause of the problem. I don't know what the O2 policy says but the law on insurance does not permit an underwriter to void a claim by relying on a term in the contract that was not material to the cause of the claim (I used to work at Lloyd's of London so I know a fair bit about insurance law).

There is also the point that they would almost certainly not check and if they did, they probably wouldn't be able to tell.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews