• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

02 MMS/WAP settings for Hero

Been searching these for ages and you wouldn't believe it! I found working settings here on this forum!! lol Thanks to Jleagle.

Follow this and type in the settings and your MMS should be working as mine works great now!

http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/37742-faq-getting-your-internet-work-o2-mainly.html

Read further on down though as there is advice on using 'Handscent.app' to resize images etc so that they can reduced in file size for sending using O2.

Remember that I am also using an ex-orange phone on a simplicity contract.

Goodluck!

Upvote 0
Here are the settings for PAYANDGO O2 UK

I have successfully used these on a milestone with working full size MMS, this is the result of about a years worth of switching handsets & trying every list of settings listed on the net....:eek:

Requires 2 lots of settings:

NAME : O2 UK
APN : wap.o2.co.uk
PROXY : [LEAVE BLANK]
PORT : [LEAVE BLANK]
USERNAME : o2wap
PASSWORD : password
SERVER : [LEAVE BLANK]
MMSC : http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS PROXY : 193.113.200.195
MMS PORT : 8080
MCC : 243
MNC : 10
AUTHENTICATION TYPE : [LEAVE BLANK]
APN TYPE : [LEAVE BLANK]

NAME : 02payandgo
APN : payandgo.o2.co.uk
PROXY : [LEAVE BLANK]
PORT : [LEAVE BLANK]
USERNAME : vertigo
PASSWORD : password
SERVER :[LEAVE BLANK]
MMSC : [LEAVE BLANK]
MMS PROXY : [LEAVE BLANK]
MMS PORT : [LEAVE BLANK]
MCC : 234
MNC : 10
AUTHENTICATION TYPE : [LEAVE BLANK]
APN TYPE : [LEAVE BLANK]

Here are a few tips if you have problems with MMS

1: If you have a T-mobile sim, insert this & send a picture message, then switch back to your O2 sim.

2: If you have an iphone sim insert this then request settings by sending the word "mms" to 1010 - you will get an error saying only available on iphone, insert your regular sim back.

The MMS issues are not with Android, they happen because there is a white list of supported handsets at O2. if youe phone is not one of they sell/support they will resize your pictures to a tiny thumbnail size.

There is a APN mms app that tricks O2 servers into thinking your phone is a Nokia or Iphone, I will did it out & upload soon.....

Upvote 0
It's starting to get really annoying now....eh Magicmat??

I can have either MMS or Internet working but not both at the same time. Also noticed that when you put the 'mobile web' settings in a selection button appears beside it that goes green once selected. Can anybody shed some light on this as the 'O2 MMS' settings don't bring up one.

It just seems strange that I can have both MMS and WEB working but not both at the same time. Been playing around with the order that the settings are input into the phone but it doesn't make any difference.

Nonetheless, will keep searching.....

Upvote 0
At long last!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works!!!!

I now have one set of fully working settings for both MMS and internet. I thought they would not send my MMS to begin with but I had to turn the 'Mobile Network' setting on and it worked straight away.

This worked for me so you may as well copy what I did.

1. Delete all of your existing APN settings and restart your phone.
2. Input these APN settings:

NAME: O2 UK Postpay
APN: wap.o2.co.uk
PROXY: <Not set>
PORT: <Not set>
USERNAME: O2wap
PASSWORD: password
SERVER: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS: PROXY 193.113.200.195
MMS: PORT 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
APN TYPE: <Not set>

Press 'Menu' and select 'Save'.

3. Now restart phone again.
4. Switch on 'Mobile Network' and test it. Should work perfectly!!!

As mentioned before, in order to send/receive large images you may have to use 'Handscent' but I have not tested it yet.

Hope that cheers you up Magicmat!!

Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones