• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [02/Nov/2011] Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread (Swiftdroid) CM 7.1 For LG GT540 [New Method]

Maps works fine for me on RC4, I would suggest deleting cache then if that doesnt work reinstall maps.

ok i deleted all apps cache, but i still dont have the maps app on the phone in the android market it says it is installed but i dont see it in the phone also i cant open foursquare since it works with GPS and i cant look for places and cant check-in on facebook for android.

Upvote 0
Hey yes it's possible start from step 1 do is slowly and you will be fine.

I wonder if we will see Android 3.0 on GT540 i quess not any way the 2.3.5 is working great so i did thank orginal poster for this :)

Honeycomb (3.0) is only availble for tablets, we will never see it on a phone, the next version we will see for phones will be ice cream sandwich (android 4.0) which will be available on tablets and phones.

Upvote 0
Honeycomb (3.0) is only availble for tablets, we will never see it on a phone, the next version we will see for phones will be ice cream sandwich (android 4.0) which will be available on tablets and phones.

Thanks for answear but i did read on the net about phones with 3.0 released soon just google android 3.0 phone no idea if those are rumors or not.And there are mods already did saw 3.0 bu:pgged like hell working on htc phone.

Any :pwayi don't see point from what i understand 3.0 is designed for tablets large view while even htc with 4" has prolems with showing everything...

Im happy with 2.3.5 RC4 fow now improved my phone many times over :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for answear but i did read on the net about phones with 3.0 released soon just google android 3.0 phone no idea if those are rumors or not.And there are mods already did saw 3.0 bu:pgged like hell working on htc phone.

Any :pwayi don't see point from what i understand 3.0 is designed for tablets large view while even htc with 4" has prolems with showing everything...

Im happy with 2.3.5 RC4 fow now improved my phone many times over :)

If 3.0 is working on phones, it would need huge optimisation and it would not be great, when it was optimised.

Upvote 0
dudeman? or anyone pls i cant follow this instruction pls help me..ty

*** If your phone has the Android version 1.6 or 2.1 or 2.2 and want to have the new version 2.3.5 Gingerbread Android (v2 SwiftDroid CyanogenMod 7.1 M6) You can't use the update method in the intaller. you'll have to install complete installation starting installing fastboot rom on the phone, and then install 2.3.5 Android, for it starts from step 1 of this tutorial.

===Some users have told me they do not find the market in the app drawner. if you have the same problem, then go to this address in Root Explorer /system/app/ and looking for an app that says "vending ", just open it and install it, after reboot phone and the market will be on app drawner

Upvote 0
guys is this one +Download KDZ Updater. (Include KDZ Updater and RomFastboot) Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe

are the same with kdz updater carphonewarehouse? coz i download to other thread here 2 weeks ago, but now i cant download kdz updater in the first post coz i have to wait 600sec.. is this ok? to use the kdz updater carphonewarehouse? ty..thankx dudeman..hope u could help me

Upvote 0
i tried by goin by the update method.. mine is updated to android 2.3.3 CyanogenMod 7. when i click on update it jus pops up a cmd prompt window, quickly shuts it down and says the phone is updated and it would restart, which does not happen. and when i restart it still showin 2.3.3. am i doin anythin wrong. as far as i have read, ppl with 2.3.5 are successful in doin it. so am i requireed to upgrade my phone first to 2.3.5 and then go for 2.3.7?

Upvote 0
Guys...i've got big problem the part when instaling thr KDZ on phone...and it was going pretty well and stoped loading...i wasn't shore that it finished bebouse the phone didnt rebot...so i clicked one more button "launch softwarwe update" and it said it cant find phone...phone was on download mode... I pluged out phone from PC and try to power on phone but it stuck on lg logo...and won't go any furthure...heeeelp...pleasee :thinking:

Upvote 0
You need to put the phone in emergency mode, then put kdz in emergency mode also and you'll be able to redo the update. This happened to me as well and freaked me out for about an hour until I finally found a solution. LOL To put in emergency mode (not download mode but they look the same!) you have to first pull the battery. Next hold the volume down and power buttons and plug in your USB cable without the battery installed. It should then turn on and be in emergency mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones