1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

1/2 my music is DRM! Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by SirGrant, Aug 9, 2011.

1. SirGrant

SirGrant Member
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    San Diego Area
    So I just loaded my entire music collection (8 gigs, 2,500 songs) onto my DX2. About 1/2 the songs won't play (when selected specifically, it auto jumps to the next in line which can play). It appears that aprox 1/3 to 1/2 of my legally bought music mostly in cd format may be DRM. :eek: Is there a player which will play them or is there an easy solution to bypass DRM? I don't want to break laws, but dang it, I paid for them!!!!

Any help is appreciated...

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    I believe you when you say you bought them, but we cant give advice on bypassing DRM here. That puts AF in a legal snafu that I wouldn't want anyone to be in. :(

Only thing I can offer is to try a different media player such as PowerAmp, or Player Pro.

Check out the sticky on best music/video app and give some a try.

Hope you can understand :)

SirGrant likes this.
  3. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Yep, you can thank Steve Jobs for putting his greedy little hands into every song you bought off itunes.

As stated above, we cannot discuss how to remove DRM here, as it's not exactly legal. There are ways to do it, however most of them are fairly complicated, and involve re-ripping your music, which will degrade the quality.

SirGrant likes this.
  4. SirGrant

SirGrant Member
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    San Diego Area

I did try both of those media players along with 2 or 3 others, they still bypass the songs. I do understand the situation and I'm not planning on breaking any laws (that make absolutely NO sense) so I guess I'm just out of luck.

Thanks for your response :)

5. SirGrant

SirGrant Member
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    San Diego Area
    It's funny, I have a Creative Labs Zen MP3 player (about 5 years old) that does play my entire collection. That's why it was sort of a shock when I transferred the songs over and they wouldn't play. So I do have my playable collection on my PC and an MP3 player (as long as it lasts) for the hopefully long term.

I was just hoping that after dropping 200 bones on a new tool that I could use it as my new MP3 player. Who'd a thunk? :)

6. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    just re-download the songs...I havent had any issues with my free music.

7. SirGrant

SirGrant Member
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    San Diego Area
    I would say 90-95% of my collection is on cd with very few downloads. 1/3 to 1/2 won't play. I've considered re-ripping the cds, but if it won't do any good due to DRM, it might be pointless. Any thoughts?

8. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    You just need to make sure you are ripping to drm-free mp3. If you ripped with itunes, it automatically puts drm on your files, unless you change the ripping settings to mp3

SirGrant likes this.