• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1.2 or 1.5 GHz?

Okay, I just got a used pantech marauder since people seem to be vastly underestimating this phone on ebay and selling it for chump change.

Anyway I installed cpu spy, and it is showing there as being 1242 mhz, 1350mhz, 1458mhz, and 1512mhz speed levels for this phone. Now in my experience with multiple phones rooting and romming this app just reads what the phone can run at from the kernel. Now I thought this phone had a 1.2ghz dual core cpu and that it had been underclocked by pantech since 1.5ghz is more normal, but cpu spy at least is reporting it as running at 1512mhz. This also appears to be the only state it runs at for a significant amount of time aside from 384mhz, and deep sleep.

Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone has found other apps getting similar readings, or if there is any more sure-fire way to figure out the actual speed the cpu is running at?

It's not that i don't like the idea of 1.5ghz for this phone, I'd just like to know for sure or not what it is running at.

Also seriously hoping we can get some development going on this phone, because it seems like it isn't all that locked out from root and I'd bet it would be pretty easy to get things going compared to some more difficult devices like motorola phones.

Just picked mine up from the verizon store today Rooted it following greyisheres thread and setcpu says it can go up to 1524 as you stated, although now it may not handle 1524 depending on ur apps loaded mines running a stress test now but i've barely gotten anything loaded thus far on the phone... passed stress at 1524 mhz for 10 minutes with no errors...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones