• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1-21-13][ROM] CM10.1 for the evoLTE!!

Is there a difference between the nightlies and what we have flashed? This is AWESOME btw!

The nightlies lag behind what deck has been posting. His latest changes have not been pushed to CM yet.

Also.. now the app "superuser" is controlling permissions instead of the normal "supersu" will this create an issue in the future? It was always "supersu" that controlled that before, on stock root,viper, and meanrom

No issue at all. It's just an interactive gatekeeper that gives you some control over which apps you allow to have root permissions. I've bounced between several ROMs with the two different apps with no problem whatsoever.

Upvote 0
The nightlies lag behind what deck has been posting. His latest changes have not been pushed to CM yet.

No issue at all. It's just an interactive gatekeeper that gives you some control over which apps you allow to have root permissions. I've bounced between several ROMs with the two different apps with no problem whatsoever.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Upvote 0
OK, so here are 2 things that i cant seem to get working, maybe you guys could help me out. When i go to set up my face unlock i put my face in the circle and for some reason its not picking me up. Second is i use AOL for my email and when i go to set up my email account the " other " option isnt there.. only pop3, something, and exchange. I understand that this rom is still in the development stages i just didnt know if it was me messing something up.

Upvote 0
OK, so here are 2 things that i cant seem to get working, maybe you guys could help me out. When i go to set up my face unlock i put my face in the circle and for some reason its not picking me up. Second is i use AOL for my email and when i go to set up my email account the " other " option isnt there.. only pop3, something, and exchange. I understand that this rom is still in the development stages i just didnt know if it was me messing something up.

Face unlock works some builds and others it doesnt. Frankly, its not a secure way to lock the device and I'd suggest against it if you are concerned about security at all.

also, i cant get the notification light to work.. it works when i plug it in and thats about it. Ive tried playing with the settings with no luck

It worked for me on previous builds.

Just gotta remember, since these updates are being pushed out daily, when some code gets added it can break other things. Such is the life of being on the cutting edge.

Upvote 0
As far as your issues, have you tried toggling data or maybe updating prl and profile while on a sense Rom and then nandroiding back to cmx?

Flashed back to Viper and updated PRL then restored my CMX nandroid. Still bad, tried toggling and no luck. However, when I turn it from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only, that fixed it. So I guess LTE doesn't work? I hadn't read that anywhere...

Gotta have my LTE! Gonna go check out Virus's rom with the new OTA!

Upvote 0
OK this is wierd.. i went to back up my apps thru titanuim and i noticed that nothing is there... its not showing any of the apps i have on my phone. From the looks of it it sees my sd card and everything... wierd..

cm10 names the sd cards differently than stock sense, so the location that titanium is looking for doesn't exist while you're on cm10. go into TBs settings and change the file location and they will reappear

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
So when this is fully funcational with no errors, it will basically be pure Jelly Bean like if we owned a Nexus?

CM10, AOKP, Paranoid Android, ect has added functionality to pure AOSP. So it wont be exactly the same as a nexus device, but its about as close as you'll want to get ;)

tried it, gps didn't work for me on it either... :eek:

Have you tried any fixes? Either the ##GPSCLR# fix or the GPS Status fix?

Upvote 0
quick question...if I am htc unlocked with hboot 1.12 can I just flash this normally through twrp? I keep seeing things about being on hboot 1.15 and how that can make things a bit more complicated and having to flash boot image etc? with 1.12 is it any easier for me??? TIA

**Im S-on btw**

Yes. You should be just fine. Flash as normal and enjoy! :)

Any reason you're s-on still? Take the plunge and feed the panda, you'll be much more future-proof and won't have to worry about questions like this in the future. ;)

Reactions: Rxpert83 and AM2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones