• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1-21-13][ROM] CM10.1 for the evoLTE!!

I haven't been able to get Google Now to hear me for a long time now. It's only on CM10. The grey circle goes out when I talk as if it hears background noise. But never turns red to acknowledge that it's hearing me. I've tried turning microphone volume all the way up with no success.

I think it uses a microphone that is on the top of the phone.

Reactions: windsorclarenc
Upvote 0
I've been (somewhat) following CM10 for a while now waiting for it to mature to the point of making it my every day ROM. Seems like they've recently hammered out a few of the serious bugs that would keep me from using it. What's still left? Is there a list somewhere of known problems that I can read to decide if the time is finally right? Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
For me its honestly great. There aren't any bugs i come across in my day to day usage. Others seem to have random issues pop up that I can't explain.

My suggestion would be to do a nandroid and give it a flash. See how it reacts to your device.

I know alarm sounds is listed as a bug still. Deck is also still doing a lot of work on mobile network/wifi handoffs lately and its been greatly improved.

Reactions: ordcavms
Upvote 0
For me its honestly great. There aren't any bugs i come across in my day to day usage. Others seem to have random issues pop up that I can't explain.

My suggestion would be to do a nandroid and give it a flash. See how it reacts to your device.

I know alarm sounds is listed as a bug still. Deck is also still doing a lot of work on mobile network/wifi handoffs lately and its been greatly improved.

See that for instance would be a great example of a deal breaker for me. I use my phone as my ONLY alarm clock so I bugs in this piece would be a big deal for someone like me. I can't have it not work even once.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I have been running as daily for a few days now and its good. The clock issue is annoying, but you could always use an app for that for now. The Connectivity with WiFi is a little slow for me. It seems to see all other options but mine and takes a little to finally connect. I noticed if I turn on all data it seems to connect to WiFi quicker in those cases, then I shut off the lte and 3g. I can't seem to shut off the keyboard hepatic feedback. Anyone have any luck?

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I have been running as daily for a few days now and its good. The clock issue is annoying, but you could always use an app for that for now. The Connectivity with WiFi is a little slow for me. It seems to see all other options but mine and takes a little to finally connect. I noticed if I turn on all data it seems to connect to WiFi quicker in those cases, then I shut off the lte and 3g. I can't seem to shut off the keyboard hepatic feedback. Anyone have any luck?

Even though I shut off vibrate on touch under sound settings, my keyboard still was vibrating and driving me nuts. I finally found the setting under personal, language and input, then click on the android keyboard setting and uncheck the appropriate box. Gone!

Upvote 0
The work-around for the alrm is to press a volume button when setting the alarm ring tone. I use my phone as my alarm as well and have never missed it.

The one problem I'm having is that when using the camera, the whole phone would freeze up requiring a hard reboot. Happened to me yesterday while trying to take pics of the kids at the pumpkin patch. Now I'm back on MeanROM until CM10 improves a little more.

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
The work-around for the alrm is to press a volume button when setting the alarm ring tone. I use my phone as my alarm as well and have never missed it.

The one problem I'm having is that when using the camera, the whole phone would freeze up requiring a hard reboot. Happened to me yesterday while trying to take pics of the kids at the pumpkin patch. Now I'm back on MeanROM until CM10 improves a little more.

Great to know. Is there a way to know its working before the alarm goes off?

The camera thing just cropped up recently. I've had it have a black screen once but hitting the back button brought the camera back to life and operating normally

Upvote 0
Great to know. Is there a way to know its working before the alarm goes off?

The camera thing just cropped up recently. I've had it have a black screen once but hitting the back button brought the camera back to life and operating normally

When you're picking the alarm ring tone, you won't hear the different options when you change them. But when you touch a volume button as you're choosing, they'll start playing. That's how you'll know it's working. You could set a test alarm for like 5 minutes or something just to make sure.

Upvote 0
From Deck:

"First build i would like to call pretty stable."

Also, notice the absence of the alarm on the bug list ;)

Not Working:
mhl / hdmi output

Does this mean all the camera issues are resolved too? I think the clock and camera issues were the last few that were keeping me from flashing. The HDMI output is a bummer but I don't even have a cable yet and when I did on past phones I only used this function a couple of times max so I don't think I'll miss it too much at this point. My phone as well as my wife's are doing a couple annoying things that I can't seem to fix so if this bad boy is ready it's a great time to flash it and start fresh.

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
hey guys, I am having some noob troubles with updating...

I am on an old release (9-06-2012 i think) and I tried to update by flashing a new one, along with gapps. When I reboot into the new one, during the setup part it never turns on wifi. If I skip the setup, I can't turn on wifi or mobile network at all. I am still S-ON, so was there a step I missed somewhere in there?

I appreciate the help!

edit: Oh, I should mention that I did factory reset and wiped system, cache, and dalvik prior to flashing.

Upvote 0
hey guys, I am having some noob troubles with updating...

I am on an old release (9-06-2012 i think) and I tried to update by flashing a new one, along with gapps. When I reboot into the new one, during the setup part it never turns on wifi. If I skip the setup, I can't turn on wifi or mobile network at all. I am still S-ON, so was there a step I missed somewhere in there?

I appreciate the help!

edit: Oh, I should mention that I did factory reset and wiped system, cache, and dalvik prior to flashing.

you most likely need to flash the kernel seperately. what rom were you on before?

please read this: How to flash kernels with H-boot 1.15+

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ah, I didn't think that was necessary since I was just coming from an earlier CM10 rom. Thanks, I shall do this!

Anytime you get strange issues with WiFi after a flash kernels usually the first place to check. Especially since you're s-on.

There's no changelog for cm10 yet, so its probably a good idea to flash the kernel with any problems you have after trying a new build

All of my md5 are coming up invalid? What is this?
How are you checking them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones