Apr 28, 2010
I recently installed 2.2 and since then my 1.5 simulators and phones crash immediately with a runtime exception. I do have multiple resolution support (1.6 and later) and I have always been able to run my app both on new phones with larger resolutions, and the older phones running 1.5 even though I get the red X warning in the device select launch window the 1.5 simulator would still work (I was running SDK 2.0 at the time on my machine). Now since I have updated, to 2.2, the app crashes. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I would like my app to work on pre-1.6 phones and newer phones as well that take advantage of layout and drawable identifiers for dpi and scree size.

I also recently updated my eclipse android plugin to 0.9.7 (that may have caused this issue too. I'm not 100% which it was because i did both at the same time :thinking:

here are my target's in the manifest:
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]<[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]uses-sdk[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace] [/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]android:minSdkVersion[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]=[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]"3"[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace] [/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]android:targetSdkVersion[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]=[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]"4"[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace] [/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]android:maxSdkVersion[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]=[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]"8"[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace] [/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]/>[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]
looks like lot cat was giving me a resource not found error on the very first resource on my very first screen. I think its because 1.5 can't recognize the layout and drawable folders with identifiers, so i put the old folders back and it worked. Funny part is, it worked pre 2.2... odd. Anyway, I better check the larger resolutions because i probably broke them. Anyway, hope this helps someone.
Yeah, 1.5 doesn't have the same resolution categories for drawables/layouts. I found an article on how to make it work, but it just seemed like such a pain that I made my app 1.6+