• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1.6 Donut - Battery usage indicator - Where?

First post here: I received the 1.6 Donut update on my T-mobile G1 this morning. It's susposed to have a "Battery usage indicator" application but I'll be darned if I can find it. It's not in the start menu, widgets nor buried anywhere I find in sittings. Where do you find the new battery application?

I just got Donut this morning as well and had to dig around a little bit to find this.

From the Home screen, click the [MENU] button.
Next, click on Settings.
Scroll to the bottom of the list and click on About phone.
In that list should be Battery use.

Is there any way to make a link to this? I expect to use this often and four menus is a little awkward.

I hope everyone reading enjoys Donut!

Upvote 0
Thanks for this! I wasted about 15 minutes searching for this online, then after coming to the forum found it almost immediately. I hate how they advertise some cool new feature, then bury it deep in the settings menu where it's near impossible to find.

To add the shortcut it's actually kind of easy:

Long press on the home screen, then click Shortcuts --> Settings --> Battery Use

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones