• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1.6ghz EVO in July...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to setup my swap from the Hero to EVo with my Sprint guy yesterday and this is what he told me. "In July (approx. the first week) the 1.6ghz Snapdragon will be released. I asked him was this rumor or fact and he said FACT. He suggested I wait and that's what I'm doing. (background on my relationship withthis guy) My company has about 150 phones with him and he knows to NEVER give me bad information or he will face the consequences. He has a private phone store (not a regular "Sprint" store). He knows I can EASILY move my business to a "Sprint" store....so for now I believe him.

He also told me that HTC will have a dual-core EVO out either later this year or early 2011 FWIW.

I apologize if this info. has already been brought up here before...I'm new here.

Peace.

In

The 1.5(not 1.6)ghz Snapdragon was just demoed at Computex. It was in a reference platform only.

It will be, at earliest, Christmas season before you see any phones with the single core 1.5ghz snapdragon. The most likely first phones with those CPUs are Windows Phone 7, specifically the HTC Scorpion.

We won't see a dual core snapdragon in a real shipping phone until mid 2011.

Upvote 0
lol although im tri-lingual(english, italian, and spanish)
i mainly identify with my italian side so i guess it's not so surprising now
im in jersey lol

but there at least 5 of us mixed breeds(I'm a triplet) and 2 younger siblings lol

Italian or Sicilian (or as my dad would say, Fake or Real Italian)?

Sorry for derailing this thread, but I think you got your answer. No one has heard anything about a 1.6 GHz phone coming.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones