• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1% battery drain on standby?

OptimusM

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
At first I thought the battery drain was from the launchers I was using, so I uninstalled them and used the standard launcher. I closed wifi and data connection, gps and so forth.

I let it stay on during the night, and it seems that my galaxy s2 drains about 1% per hour during standby. Is this normal? My HTC tattoo only drained about 2-4% of battery life on standby on a period of about 7 hours. Galaxy s2 drained about 8% in 8 hours.

Would battery life improve if I rooted the phone?

theres a lot of people that would kill for a 1% an hour drain in standby, others get a little better. Mine ranges from 0.5-1.5% drain an hour on different nights.

Just rooting on its own wont do anything to battery, its what you can then do after rooting that might help. But for now id suggest just looking at what apps you have running first. How often is things like email/facebook/twitter etc syncing? Have you got lattitude running within maps?

To be fair 1% an hour isnt that bad.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that the standby time varies, even if you do the same thing with your phone...

Last week I had to charge my S2 twice a day, I'd pull it off charge in the morning and after an hour of browsing and texting it'd drop to 70%! By early afternoon I had to charge it again.

This week, in the morning, after an hours usage it drops to only 92% and today it hasn't seen a second charge yet. It's just gone 1700hrs and I'm down to 25%, after hammering NFS. Not sure why it does this but I'm loving the battery time I'm getting right now whereas some days the standby time can be pretty bad. Doesn't stop me using it though :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones